Should I respond to this message (from TVT Records)

That message looks very unprofessional, and it also seems very non-specific, like it could be sent to anybody. I'd be careful getting excited about it. I think you were right for posting here and asking :D

Get a number and talk to him on the phone, that way you'll know if he really knows anything specifically about YOU, or if he's just trying to act friendly and is probably messaging a billion people.

Last edited by a moderator:
MadTiger3000 said:
I put my whole professional rep on my guess that he is not 100% for real. He is collecting beats.

i agree with you mad... but i would saty in contact.. thru myspace.. but i dont think i would send him any material ........ he just may be legit .....more than likely not but you never know... i also noticed none of his comments were from any of his high profile artists ..that he has as friends.. again that does not mean any thing

Last edited:
PlanetHitzProduction said:
Troup you really burnin today haha.

lol...something like that. I get like this sometimes.

But i wrote a tight ass song today with the singer i'm working with. We gon lay it down tomorrow. So i'm cool.

Just ignorance pisses me off. And people acting like they know something.

i gotten something like that...the girl said she work in the marketing area at TVT...she said she pass on a word to the A&R's...she said to keep in touch..and i replied but she never did...lol... 8(

It might be legit. Unprofessionalism is not synonymous with lying in this business.
Tag your stuff.
Copyright tracks first or send the Copyright application w/ CD the same day you send your songs to this person.

Good luck.

Sounds fishy but...

...just send a tagged beat. You're beat is techincally copywritten from the first time you produced it, although you have to get it archived with government records to persue statutory damages.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think forst you should look at the artists on TVT, then look at your music, and if they just dont match i dont think i would really believe that its real, but as long as you own the copyrights to your music you free and clear... if it aint him then the dumbass that comes out wit a track over your beats is DONE!!!

Back