Shawty Redd Makes A Beat In Like 9 Minutes On New Akai Renaissance MPC!

One of the comments on World Star was "look at those old wrinkly ass hands" ... lmao! That shit had me dyin for some reason.

Anyways ... I wonder if he was takin shots at Lex and 808 Mafia in the beginning and at the end with his "Akai Mafia" hoody he got

And that beat is nice as **** too... I'm glad he's back... maybe now there will be some creativity in trap music again...

Last edited:
he has his samples loaded and ready
the guy at the end adds some nice stuff as well
takes 10 mins to make a beat ,maybe a hour to sequence?????

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
Sounds good. Hopefully, that beat will make it on his Reloaded 2 mixtape coming in 2014.

Even if I had the money to buy the Ren I wouldn't. You can't even use the software without the Ren connected. LOL. That's lame. At least with the Maschine you can and I hated that. So no telling how many other bs is going on with the Ren.

Beat was typical work not impressed.

Where is he getting those hard hitting 808s? and that vibrant brass vst, what vst is that?
You gotta remember that Shawty Red basically invented this trap sound. Everything else is just a imitation of him with the 808 game. He prolly got some stuff that would blow our minds............................................................................................ Ehh

Man..............dem stock MPC Ren sounds. Shawty Redd don't know nuttin bout 808s. He was making beats on a DR5 stock sounds on Left, Right, Left. Don't let him fool you. Talking bought he sampled his 808's.....lmao! I know the sound of a DR5 anywhere...because I made a DR5 do what it aint suppose to do....sheeeeed. It had 3 instrument tracks and a drum track....he ain't slick. Use to many chords or drums and a few sound gets cut out. I can tell by the way he use the MPC he still stuck on the DR5 style of beat making.

Sheeed....That might've been my DR5 he made that album with. Bought the shit off a dude. I had two...lost both. :( Niggas broke into the empty apartment and busted a hole through the wall. LMAO!!! Shit funny now....wasn't funny then.

Yall asses would be mine!!!

DR5 Got dammit. Don't make me purchase one right now........it's over. It's done. DR5 with some plug in effects. OMFG!!! :bigeyes:

Last edited:
Where is he getting those hard hitting 808s? and that vibrant brass vst, what vst is that?

You gotta remember that Shawty Red basically invented this trap sound. Everything else is just a imitation of him with the 808 game. He prolly got some stuff that would blow our minds............................................................................................ Ehh

Try sounds in HD 808.

The dude was using nexus 2 (Everyone uses that look at Cardiak videos) you can see it on the screen super basic. LMAO

Last edited:
Is there really a need for hardware sequencers these days? I do all my slicing, dicing, and sequencing in my DAW directly. I prefer being able to chop by looking at the waveform itself anyways. Anyone else do all their chopping manually and not let a piece of hardware do it for you? Lol.

MPC's look like they're from 1984

... running up your electric bill, taking up space... smh.

$1299.00 !!! for that box of circuits !

That's Ableton LIVE Suite and Komplete 8

Software >>>>

Back