Sage Francis

D

Doctor EwWw

im a ****in huge anticon fan and this guy is the best **** goin right now, i would reccomend to anybody who like the hip hop styles of doseone or...just striaght good hip hop to check this guys new album out, its called personal journals. anyone else like this one?

that album is one of the best this year so far IMO...

atmosphere is the ish too. RSE!

sage is dope!!

i have one of his non-prophets singles and his sh_t is crazy good. i really wanna see the scribble jam video when he won the free style compotition.

have you ever checked out his wed site?
he makes himself very accesible, his email addy and IM name is on most of his albumns so people can get ahold of him. on his web site messege board he post IM's he gets from people and his replys. its some of the funnist sh_t ever.
here's the addy

http://pub1.ezboard.com/bnonprophetsbbs89897

anyone feeling pip skid?
the label peanuts and corn is putting out some good stuff

Anticon is one of the corniest groups ever out there.Even worse,they make other corny rappers think they can rap all corny and get away with it.My homie Zes ripped sol at his own show!
Left that toy *** homo shook.Sol even said "I got served by this kid from canada at my own show"poor guy,left with his tail between his legs
Speaking of corny that cat Circus was in town a couple of weeks ago,with C.V.E.,and put on the worst show ever,he got no response from the crowd at all,so he proceeded to start whining,and trying to diss the crowd.He got booed and almost cried.THEN he tried to diss the deejay who was playin 4 him ...Talk about passing the buck.....

PEACE Fbeeez ................250............ucg

Its SOLE and I'd like to see your boy step to Sage.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue this.

Of course you're not gonna argue because you have nothin to say?You probably never even rapped before you heard anticon,and are one of those corny rappers I was referring to.Sorry to bring you and your crew down,but y'all can go back to b-boyin

Sol is the sun,and Sole is a fish.Does it really matter all that much?

actually I don't rap at all. I may be "corny" but I don't really care. I like anticon, i like rhymesayes, i like mars ill, etc... bla bla bla....

and like i said, i'm not arguing.

I actually,shouldn't have brought you into it,I just had to make a point about how much I hate anticon,and their influence on so many people where I live.They have given alot of people false confidence in their "internet keystyles".Enough so that some of these people try to rap for real,and I have to sit through it.It makes my city's scene look really wack when they open up a show,and falter on stage in front of the main act.Keep in mind that anticon wouldn't be anywhere without the internet,and alot of emcees try to write these silly raps consisting of a bunch of long words from science textbooks tied together,that don't really make any sense.I'm no hip hop purist,my tastes run from jay-z,an ludakris,all the way through to freestyle fellowship,project blowed,and living legends.I have been listening to hip hop/rap for about fifteen years now,and am really open minded.I just don't think these guys could've gotten "up" using conventional methods.I also feel that peoples raps should actually rhyme.I like one song by atmosphere called "scapegoat",but that's about it......and I only like the raps....the beat is wack.Sorry to diss you ,I just get really pissed off about these cats ruining my city's hip hop scene.peace..................fbeeeez..............................

see, now we are conversing. much better then a silly argument. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, except I don't like Jay-z that much ;)

My thing w/ anticon is simple, I like what they stand for, and I can identify with a lot of their ideals. It's more then just their lyrics, rhyme skills, or beats. Now, on to Atmophere, I really like their music. It's just something I totally feel when I hear it. I can understand why some wouldn't get into them, and that's totally cool.

Thanks for the intelligent response. I really appreciate that.

sage is dope 4sure... but im likein the styles of Aesop Rock a little more right now, hes lyrics are way more advanced and his producer Blockhead drops some of the best beats ive heard. Also chekc out the production on Cannibal Ox (Cold Vein), they just released the instrumental version, its a must have for any El-P fan. And if you like Dose One, and sage francis, than chekc out Noah23... Noah just opend for dose one and Why last week in toronto. They gave Noah mad props.

yeah, i have noah's released stuff. it's all pretty good. you can tell that he's done a lot of mcing for dnb/jungle in his style, which isn't a bad thing.

Aesop Rock is my favorite right now, he's been for about the last year. Can Ox is SICK as well. Anything El-p has had his hands in is tight. Fantastic Damage is an amazing CD.

You guys all talk about Aesop,but what about the rest of the Living Legends?And about Jigga,alot of people hate on him,but he's actually one of the most skilled around.He is just also a really keen businessman,and knows what sells.How many other rappers can amass $100,000,000...ya one hundred million dollars.He just has this cocky attitude,and a really good knack at writing.His delivery is impeccable,and he can say alot without going overboard.His storytelling is exceptional,and he can really write some deep material.I know people call him a sellout,but if you're rich,why can't you rap about being rich,i mean it is your lifestyle is it not?Nas put it down pretty tight,when he was talking about losing all of his underground fans,after his second album,cause they didn't want to hear about him ballin,but he did just go multiplatinum right?Is it better to talk about being broke and a street hustler,when you're really not?I mean that would be lying,or not being true.Well it's just a different outlook right?Peep jay-z's "I can't get with that"(circa 1995)and peep his true talents.Check his second album,"in my lifetime volume 1"and peep the lyrics on some of the less famous cuts,and see his storytelling skills.Peace Fbz

Oh ya,go to llcrew.com and get a copy of my homie DJ Murge's album.It's tight it has atmosphere,hobo junction,all the living legends,swollen members,moka only,abstract rude,son doobie,and alot of other stuff.I'm a really bad typer so i'll stop now

noah23 is tight!

i dig his stuff i haven't heard quicksilver yet but i've been meaning to get it forever. he's a real cool cat too. i did an interview with him on a radio show i had and he was cool as hell. naoh and dose would've been quite the show to see.

kinda sucks i'm in montana sometimes

noah does rule!

the other day i was chillin downtown, and i heard one of noahs tracks being played in my favorite cafe, so i decided to go in, grab a drink and some grub... but when i walked in the door, i see noah standing there, with a glass of water in his hand, performing the track that was playing. No mic. no stage, no nothing, just noah, standing 5 feet infront of my face, with 2 speakers way at the back of the cafe. There was like, 10 people in the cafe all sitting around noah, it was sweet. He did 5 or 6 tracks from his new album. It was great. I realized that a mic takes away so much from the feeling of hiphop, it was like he was talking to the croud, straight up. it was beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
you live in Victoria phatbastard?

i must be to young to notice that we ever had a descent scene, or do you live in Nanaimo?

anyways, i understand what youre saying about Jay-z, i listen to his ****, and even though im not feelin the lyrics, you can tell hes got skill by the way he links up his sentances, i cant say i've heard his old ****, i should probably check it out, but i can only take so much "big pimpin" at a time...and that thing about Nas, and how he blew up and then got hated on becuase of it, its like some of my ***** freinds who whine about how Swollen is getting money and goin on tour with Nelly Furtado, so im just like "shut the **** up, there gettin money, im proud of em, they deserve it.."

i dont listen to too much Anticon, the Sage album is the only anticon album i have, but i never really noticed anticon polluting Victoria, tell me what you mean by that, im just wondering cuz i dont see it.

yeah, and "Search and Rescue" is an ill album, i've only seen murge twice, at the nanaimo swollen show and the victoria one on the battle axe tour, i'd go stirfry if i was 3 years older...any ways...thats my 2 cents

Phatbastard:
I agree Jay has got nice skills, but its all a question of what the listener relates to. Personally, I can't really relate to what Jay is talking about. In fact, most of those new york rappers don't have that much to say that I have experienced personally. Some of the more underground cats like Lyrics Born or the Automator crew etc. etc. say sh!t that I can personally understand-- I've been there before, experienced what they were sayin. Especially Outkast-- they're my favorite, and I can completely feel what they're talkin about. But Jay-- no, haven't done that, haven't been there, don't want to be. Different cultures of people dig different stuff, which I know you understand. Jay is tight, but since I can't feel his stuff, he can't compare. If it were a strict rhyme to rhyme battle between a cat like Jay and a cat like Common or Juice or Mos, it'd be a close fight. Especially when I can relate to the latters punchlines... not jays. But I feel what you're sayin...

Hey Doctor Eww...Ya I live in Victoria,in Fernwood.We have a pretty bumpin scene for the size of the city we live in.It might be a little hard to see when you're 16(a guess)because most shows aren't all ages.We have alot of relatively unknown acts who have real potential to blow up(Murge being a good example)Just-B is tight,as well as Kia,Verse,and Demoe(stir fry).On the production tip,Sayr and Anon from RIP CREW/UCG are both sick,Sincro from SC/IBC,D-WIz,and a bunch more.For emcees we've got Zes Nomis,Kest,Anon,Serb,Zeton,Deps,Asun, all from UCG/NAPS
Don't forget Moka and Prev are both from here.
Too many sick deejays to mention and a bunch of people I forgot.
Don't worry,by the time you're my age we will have put Victoria on the map as well as the whole Pacific Northwest.As for anticon polluting the city,I might have exaggerated a bit,but from a few shows I've been to lately,there seem to be alot of biters in town(corny rappers).
Me and Murge have been talking alot lately about combining our studios and having the public come in to record(for a really cheap price compared to anywhere else),but we haven't put it down in stone yet.My studio is open to have others come in to record for a good deal,with quality sound,so if you or anyone you know is interested you can hit me up at bestdjayever@telus.net for some more info_Or instant message me at icq#159006650 or on MSN the_guild

peace fbz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back