Ryan Leslie Plays "Lollipop" by Lil Wayne

i learned it faster than him and beside the fact that he played Bb instead of A. i had never heard the song until now

who cares, it sounded on point and creative. Plus thats mad fast to come up with chords like that, especially that fast.

California said:
i learned it faster than him and beside the fact that he played Bb instead of A. i had never heard the song until now
Thats great. You want a medal? Let Ryan get his shine, he deserves it. I'd be more than happy to give you props if you made your own thread like this, but let a dude get his shine where its due.

Last edited:
i just searched vids of people playing it on piano, and nobody has it right for some reason. its pretty basic. the all play it Dm,C,Bb,A and thats not how it goes.... this looks like a job for ...... "PIANOKID100" ta ta da-da

Enndee said:
who cares, it sounded on point and creative. Plus thats mad fast to come up with chords like that, especially that fast.
he didnt come up woth chords, he just found the bass ntes and played in the scale. aka a D bass in the key of F = D minor chord

dont be mad at me for having a tight ear. thats like getting mad at someone when they correct someone for misusing a word .

Last edited by a moderator:
The-Chronics89 said:
Thats great. You want a medal? Let Ryan get his shine, he deserves it. I'd be more than happy to give you props if you made your own thread like this, but let a dude get his shine where its due.

Im not mad at you for having a 'tight ear', Im just saying give credit where credit is due. I play keys myself and what Ryan has done here is awesome, I could not do that. So lets lay off the technicalities for now and try and appreciate the piece he came up with.

Haha vid is alright. I feel your pain California, ish is easy as hell and people want to make it difficult lol

and they failed the test . the last bass is G

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool. I kind of wanted him to throw on Lil Wayne's melody on top of what he was doing (in the right hand). That's what always gets people - you improvising, they you start throwing in the original melody of the song over what you doing.

I got to admit though - I had a jam session last night with some other people and **** didn't go the way I wanted. They wanted me to start soloing over Coltrane's Giant Steps - I got 4 bars in and couldn't do anything more. If someone can improvise over that and make it sound good, THAT's real talent.

California said:

ya, i almost wish the original would've switched back and forth between an Bb and A for the last chord...that would be hott

California said:
i just searched vids of people playing it on piano, and nobody has it right for some reason. its pretty basic. the all play it Dm,C,Bb,A and thats not how it goes.... this looks like a job for ...... "PIANOKID100" ta ta da-da
isn't it Dm, F, C, and G?

what he played was cool. sounded good.

Back