RIP Luther Vandross???

Hott Sauce said:

not to hijack the tread or take from the seriousness of it but, what is your source for envogue being kicked off his tour? i ask becuase this is my first hearing of this revelation.

I heard about it when it happened... I heard it on BET... but somebody wrote a book about him... I think he used to be in a group with Anita Baker... seems he didn't like her either.

Craig Seymour is one of contemporary music's most noted journalists, and he delivers fans a deeply insightful yet reverential biography of Luther Vandross' life. He investigates and illuminates Luther's life from his early obsession with soulful girl groups to the day he was discovered by glam rocker David Bowie to his devastating stroke and inspiring recovery. Seymour explores Luther's elusive sexuality, the taboo question that has plagued him for his entire career. He talks about his yo-yo dieting and the pain his weight has caused him and those around him. lie tells the whole story behind the widely publicized feuds between Luther and R&B icons Aretha Franklin and Anita Baker as well as the 1990's girl group En Vogue. lie also frankly and honestly explores the tragedies of Luther's life: the 1986 car accident that killed his best friend and almost destroyed his career, and the massive stroke in 2003 that almost ended his life.

R.I.P to a legend.

Luther was put on this planet with the purpose of entertaining us with his music. Thank you Luther for blessing us with all your songs, albums, and live performances, you truly were a legend. I'll never forget the first time i heard "creepin" or "never too much."

I think his death is symbolic of how R&B has died. He is one of the last performers out today who actually put out good, quality music.

man theres nothing else to say but RIP he was really great.and will be missed.

Respect. You taught me a whole lot more than you could imagine...

R.I.P.

:( :cry:

Yes Traxx. This one definitely hurts.

Thank you Luther......thank you.

Last edited:
j-traxx said:
:(

this one hurts. real bad.

R.I.P.

yeah man...a nigga got his game from luther. The sangin, the writing...

Hell, my game with the ladies came from (among others) Luther too.

Man...this is devastating for the RnB world. For the MUSIC world in general.

Like Luther said...he was NEVER compared to anyone, and NO ONE tried to copy his style...because they COULDN'T...

truest sh*t he ever spoke...

j.troup said:

Man...this is devastating for the RnB world. For the MUSIC world in general.

Like Luther said...he was NEVER compared to anyone, and NO ONE tried to copy his style...because they COULDN'T...

truest sh*t he ever spoke...

It's time for the future RnB artists to step up. R&B is ruins with this one. If the replacements don't step up, I see it being like present day hiphop.

Heezzi said:

It's time for the future RnB artists to step up. R&B is ruins with this one. If the replacements don't step up, I see it being like present day hiphop.

its almost the same thing now

R.I.P Mr. Vandross
You will be missed always and forever, but now we know you are in a better place where your happiness will be eternal,
Thanks for all your inspiration, you truly are one of a kind...

Back