Rick Ross On Eminem: 'I'm Not Impressed With The Music'

yeah thats true, but from a production stand point, I thought the beats on Ross's album were much better. We all know lyricaly which album is better

Rick Ross flow is mediocre at best when compared to Em. I mean, yeah sure We Made You had a dumb concept and half-assed lyrics, but the flow was just on point. Ross can't keep a beat like that.

Just for the record. G-Unit wasn't "dropped" they were "released from contract" not the same thing. One involves both parties wanting to go seperate(remember 50's leaving soon?)the other usually involves the artist begging to stay and having nothing to fall back on.

Ross is good at telling stories his way tho.

Even tho Relapse was leaked it will sell well because Em has a fan base that Rick Ross can't come close too..

I don't like rick ross but deeper than rap is a very solid album. Its nothing ground breaking but its a solid consistent ablum from begining to end. Most artists aren't doing that these days. Is ross a better emcee than em? Hell no. Is Ross feeling himself too much? Hell yes. Is he a delusional pathologica liar? Looks like it... But I can listen to Deeper than rap front to back. I can't say that about relapse.

I honestly feel like people are quick to give em a pass.

Anybody remember "Fack"? That has to be one of the worse songs ever recorded but nobody says anything. People were arguing Encore was a great album when it dropped but it only had about 3 or 4 really good songs the rest were ehhh at best.

Last edited:
Anybody remember "Fack"? That has to be one of the worse songs ever recorded but nobody says anything. People were arguing Encore was a great album when it dropped but it only had about 3 or 4 really good songs the rest were ehhh at best.

Was just talking about this with my younger brother when he said Encore was better than The Marshall Mathers LP. Em's music of late has been wack as hell from a song perspective. The past only counts for your Legend not for how relevant you are now.

I think you can take Rick Ross's vocals and replace them with ANYONES. It'd still be a solid album. He's not a completely whack rapper, but he's definitely a sh-tter. An album with solid production doesn't make it a solid album.

IMO, Rocko and 2 Pistols' sh*t was > Deeper than Rap lyrically and beatwise, just not as heavily promoted.

I haven't heard the album your talking about but I'm just giving credit where credit is due. I don't like Ross' person or his swag but Khalid did his thing from an A&R standpoint and Ross did enough to keep the songs listenable.

Its like when Game dropped the documentary. I didn't like his persona but he made a rock solid album. Most artist these days aren't doing that.

I'm sorry but relapse just isn't impressive. He's still talking about Mariah and Jessica Simpson? His Mom... Please... If this album had come out instead of Encore then maybe I'd be a little more forgiving but I just can't.

If you dont think Relapse is hard, then I dare you to just throw it on in the car or the house non-chalantly while your mom or grandparents or something like that are around. Tell me what track you get to before they cant handle it anymore.

I'm from the hood. I'm the only person I know who listens to N'Sync, Britney, Maroon, System, ect. all the way down to Em. FP has taught me there are some real "passionate" people when it comes to Em. I like the new album, but it's quality sits slightly below "Eminem Show" while in all fairness way above "Encore", can still very much understand why everyone wouldn't like it. But dayum. Em has some die hards up here.

Rick Ross album has nothing on Relapse. Compared to Eminem all Ross has going for him is his production and guest features. I like Ross but he says way too much stupid stuff

If you take away Ross on his own album nobody would care. Beats and guests make it up. I've always said if Ross' released an instrumental version of his album with tha hooks included, it would sell more than tha actual album.

And for Deranged who is gonna put this back on how I like Em more, it has nothing to do with Em. Its just tha truth period.

they're both wack as f*ck, but at least eminem used to be good. his problem was his beats it seems, because he started doin all his own **** like "my band" and that young boys young girls bull**** w/e it was. not sure if its true but at least its what i was told. **** is hardly hip hop lets be real. he came out the gates str8 nasty, and was raw in battles tho juice smashed him and now he on his pop **** and been for years. eminem would smash rick ross lyrically tho, but **** em both.

they're both wack as f*ck, but at least eminem used to be good. his problem was his beats it seems, because he started doin all his own **** like "my band" and that young boys young girls bull**** w/e it was. not sure if its true but at least its what i was told. **** is hardly hip hop lets be real. he came out the gates str8 nasty, and was raw in battles tho juice smashed him and now he on his pop **** and been for years. eminem would smash rick ross lyrically tho, but **** em both.
Im guessing you haven't heard Relapse?

Back