Rick Ross

J

J2thaP

Just wanted to know what ya'll thought about him? I herd 5 songs... not bad

I like that song he has out now "Hustlin". I haven't heard anything else.

he has song called "chevy rindin high" with dre form cool & dre.

xtrordinare said:
i dunno bout rick ross, to me i think hes kinda like jeezy
I'd pick his style over Jeezy's... Jeezy will rap a simple line, and add some flashy freeway adopted adlib "yyyeaaaaeeeahhh" at the end, and bang, it's a hit.

Last edited:
Rick Ross is garbage. He has some excellent beats in "hustlin" and "chevy ridin hot". Hustlin' starts out so crazy, and then he starts rapping and ruins the beat. I'm so sick of artists mangling sick beats.

I havent heard anythin amazin yet but hustlin is a good beat, as far as the concept goes its been done a million times.

I know its random but seen as we are comparin Rick to Jeezy dose anyone think that G.A.G.E and Young Chris sound exactly the same?

Last edited:
i like they whole bald head and full beard not everyone can pull that off... i've tired.

he's alright... but i don't think there is much room for ANOTHER rapper talking about the coke he used to move. then again the "hip hop" culture loves scarface and the whole tony montana story.

im sure rick ross will sell enough records, even though i dont think hes very lyrical at all...the only thing probably that hes got going for him is the beats

From what I understand from his interviews he's been grinding in the game for a minute. But like it's already been mentioned, this I don't rap I push coke and tell the stories is getting played out. It's like they're the new cookie cutter rapper. Seems to me they're trying too hard. Like everything about them is a marketing scheme.

BTW, Food For Thought...

Agent Velvet Lee of The Black Operative here.

I have been investigating Hip-Hop, Rhythm and Blues and Rock-N-Roll music for many years. I have come upon a new breed – a Hip-Hop Frankenstein, if you will. Its name is Rick Ross. As you can see, he is one-part Suge Knight, one-part Freeway of Roc-A-Fella and a wholesome helping of Young Jeezy. All of these beings create Hip-Hop’s latest monster.

But, there are more similarities. He’s got Jeezy’s love of slangin’ (street vernacular for selling cocaine) bird and bricks. He’s got the intimidation factor of a younger, blacker Suge Knight – along with the beard. And, he’s got Freeways Muslim beard (but he’s no Muslim) along with a commonality with his name.

That’s correct. Ross is named after the NOTORIOUS drug dealer “Freeway” Rick Ross, who willingly and knowingly pumped crack to the inner cities of California. Here is a formal description of the man this Miami-based rapper decided to name himself after:

“Freeway Rick'' Ross was LA's premier crack wholesaler during much of the 1980s. However, Ross’ suppliers, unbeknownst to him, were operatives in the Unites States’ CIA. So he was acting on behalf of the government to destroy gangs in the inner city.”

That is a very brief summary of Ross’ hero. Not only was he a drug-dealing scumbag and destroyed his own race, but he worked with the government to do it - SNITCH, RAT & A FINK. As Nas said, “These are our heroes.”

For More information on the REAL Rick Ross, simply do a google search!

*taken from http://theblackoperative.blogspot.com/

Man, I just read a LOT of info online about the REAL Rick Ross and after reading that, there's no way I can support anybody who takes on the guy's name. The man introduced crack to South Central L.A. in the 80's and is one of the reasons why our people are still messed up and trying to recover to this day.

SMH

yo im sorry but i think people like rick ross young jeezy and lil wayne have very good aspects that overshine all other neccesities and people think they're hot. everyone loves little wayne i heard his album aint nothin spectacular its just the sample lyrics flipped a different way with an ill flow i think hes wack just cuz hes ridin on his flow but everything else is corny.jeezy hes jus all around wack to me. and rick ross im not expectin much outa him but he seems hell go good in the public eye like the people that dont pay attention to anything important in the songs

AGV said:
For More information on the REAL Rick Ross, simply do a google search!

*taken from http://theblackoperative.blogspot.com/ [/B]
Wasn't there another thread that I posted some of the same information in?

The rapper Rick Ross is tight! You should be mad at the government for allowing this mess to go on. I guess it's OK until the drugs start to head to the suburbs.

I'm sure the real Rick Ross didn't know that he was working for the government. It's fked up to see that the government is responsible for bringing this problem to America.:(

Rick Ross impresses me about as much as a mexican that can actually DRIVE.

I'm REALLY lookin forward to ANOTHER album about selling drugs... but this time with less lyrical prowess than ever. I mean I REALLY am... no dude, really... REALLY!

Really...

Back