Recommend me a book

P

PushinKeys

Can somebody recommend me a book on publishing, copyrights, how to go about the whole process with selling lyrics, beats etc. IM looking for a good book that i can pick up

Thanks

I need a book too!

I would really like to have an all-inclusive book about the laws of copyrighting too. I'm sure others would appreciate a useful and valid source as well.

Your best bet is a Google search or go to Amazon.com and search for a book on publishing and the works and see what users have rated as the best book. Also read some of the user reviews to see what people think of the different books. That's what I did with my Reason book and it's tha sh!t.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MUSIC BUSINESS

by Donald Passman.

It's truly everything you need to know. This book should be your bible.

Hey is the title acutually "All You Need to Know About the Music Business"? and is there a particular edition I should be looking for? By the way, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

jfdeaton617 said:
Hey is the title acutually "All You Need to Know About the Music Business"? and is there a particular edition I should be looking for? By the way, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

The latest.... He revises it based on the most popular medium of the time and the situations that arise from the delivery of those in relation to how it affects your payout. i.e. mainstream consumers started stealing mp3's so now ring tones are the more lucrative medium. His book breaks these things down for you.

fts1981 said:
The latest.... He revises it based on the most popular medium of the time and the situations that arise from the delivery of those in relation to how it affects your payout. i.e. mainstream consumers started stealing mp3's so now ring tones are the more lucrative medium. His book breaks these things down for you.

yeah...what he said.

Co sign that book. Does exactly what the name says..

DeeBlaze33 said:
dam i read that book like 10 years ago, i need to go back and pick up the new version, shyt done changed!

Me too. I think I read that book in...'93??? It is a great book, would like to read the new stuff.

j.troup said:
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MUSIC BUSINESS

by Donald Passman.

It's truly everything you need to know. This book should be your bible.

Co-sign on that, plus I think he did a revised version where he includes stuff about the industry and the 'Net.

Back