Rappers who never lived up to potential

ego killer

this about rappers who you think could have had better careers, not based not on hype but based on early songs. this is not to say they had BAD careers or they were wack, just what the title of the thread says.

i'm gonna go with rbx, that stuff he had on the chronic and doggystyle was the ****! particularly serial killer IMO. to the point he should have dropped a CLASSIC album, he had a couple good albums but no classic.

Last edited:
^^ good call
I'll throw Rah Digga, Papoose, Craig Mack, Lady of Rage in there.
Prob a few more when I get a chance to think about it.

Paula Perry, not big on female rappers for the most part but this lady had some crazy skills but never dropped anything solo that gained traction.

Trying to think of some others but this is the only one that stands out right now, may post again later when I got a minute.

def papoose. Dude's raw just couldn't really string together some hits. Lauryn Hill. She's great, but just stopped and I always get the feeling we never saw the full extent of her greatness.

Cassidy - He only had like 3 hits 10 years ago, but was never able to make more hits than that. (He's dope at flows tho)Willie The Kid - Feature withDj Drama and many other big name artists, but didnt really push himself forwardYoung L.A

What nigga...
Big L...
Ur lunchin...
I hope thats b/c he died n aint get a chance?? which really isnt lived up to potential

Last edited:
To be honest, I expected more out of Eminem. He is highly talented, but he kind of faded away for a while and hasn't been the same since. His flow back in the day was almost unquestionable.

He still makes good pop song, but his mixtape flow is what initially hooked me. He tries to be lyrical now, but he shouts way too much for me to enjoy him now. The anger takes away from the lyrics now Sad.

b.o.b, lupe fiasco. I feel like lasers really hurt lupe and he good have been in the top 10 by now. b.o.b was great with his no genre mixtape and e.p.i.c, but he tried changing to sound more "rappy". i know he started off with haterz everywhere and stuff like that. However now i feel like he just wasted his potential to be different and just puts out whatever he feels like. i agree with you about eminem, i feel like at this point he is just ruining his legacy.

Lasers did suck... but the label didnt want him to drop an album at all.. they kept denying everything he gave them....
I ant say he hasnt lived up... hes doin exactly what he should...
-crazy bars n metaphors
-society driven convo

his music is great i love it im just saying if he dropped a dope album instead of lasers he would be considered top 10 of all time. the was a big career low. but i like his music alot hes doing what he wants to do. What about j.cole or jay rock. i dont think they peaked. cyhi da prince

Chamillionaire could be one of the greatest if he didn't have a shit label deal. The Sound of Revenge was like one of the best hip hop albums in the 2000's, it was so catchy,lyrical and versatile

NA i feel u tho... wit albums like food n liquor and def the cool.. that was my shit... ur third u give me lasers...

Why aint chamillionair get signed to someone else..?? or is he in a death deal

Last edited:
People on this forum throw around "top ten dead or alive" just a little too nonchalantly IMO.

Beanie Sigel could have been great. He has a unique flow and is one of the very few rappers that lives or has lived what he raps about.

Jadakiss should have done bigger numbers but has earned a lot of respect as an MC.

AZ was slept on and underachieved in my opinion.

Kurupt is another one who should have had a bigger career as a solo artist.

Chino Xl was Eminem before Eminem was Eminem.

Anybody remember Smoothe da Hustler... Just throwing it out there...

Back