Rappers wanting free beats

M&I

Why do rappers always want beats for free. I just want to meet rappers who are serious about the business and not just looking to get over on producers.

same reason why the guys wanna have sex for free and not pay for it

they're cheap

Because your beats have no value to them.

Now if you had a "name" for yourself, these same niggas likely would be falling over themselves to break bread with you.

^^^ Thats true as hell, soon as guys see your doin good, they will all in your face just to get some work from you

Why do rappers always want beats for free. I just want to meet rappers who are serious about the business and not just looking to get over on producers.

Welcome to the club man!

same reason why the guys wanna have sex for free and not pay for it

they're cheap

That's pretty crap, I personally wouldn't pay for sex cause I like to have a relationship before sex, and also cause she probably has all the STDs possible... You can't trust a hoe...

Because your beats have no value to them.

Now if you had a "name" for yourself, these same niggas likely would be falling over themselves to break bread with you.

Very true, and it's fair in a way... Whats the point of working with a producer if he ain't got a name that will help HIMSELF build HIS brand, while he's paying for a beat HE can get done by HIS FRIEND for FREE...

rappers asking for free beats is another way of saying ''hey i wanna be famous and your some random producer, give me a ****ing beat for free because i don't respect your work''

people are self-centered, they dickride the made men and take shits on nobody's...your time will come, once you've made it they'll beg you to work with them

read the prince by machiavelli

That's pretty crap, I personally wouldn't pay for sex cause I like to have a relationship before sex, and also cause she probably has all the STDs possible... You can't trust a hoe...

Maybe I didnt said exactly what I mean. When You are in a relationship, then you got to pay for things like presents, flowers shit like that. So at the end of the day you theoretically pay for sex. know what i mean?

Paying-Dues.jpg

Maybe I didnt said exactly what I mean. When You are in a relationship, then you got to pay for things like presents, flowers shit like that. So at the end of the day you theoretically pay for sex. know what i mean?

LOL, I see! Yeah, I got you... It's pretty true tbf haah...

its not just rappers, it may help to have a set of question you ask every artist that comes along and of coarse you will bring up payment in the beginning of the conversation so you can avoid a lot of bs

Question? Why do people who make beats ask for money? o_O

My answer: Because I don't want to deal with them on a personal level. We probably clash personality wise on a product so here....give me this amount for my time, and you can do whatever you want.

I would rather not charge and we both put effort into making something great. Instead of some change for them to just put stuff on Facebook and twitter to not get notice. Let's go all the way out.....close to perfection. You think that take is O.K and you sounded like a rooster on the last line.........and you argue with me about.....I'm done. Give me some money.

Last edited:
Question? Why do people who make beats ask for money? o_O

THIS hits the nail on the head. Beat makers are a dime a dozen and there are more and more beats available. Most rappers aren't interested in pursuing it as a serious career (and if they are they really go about it the wrong way) so why would you expect them to be serous about it with you?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

my F or Deaf question
HOW do you get your beats to become asset

lol j/k F or Deaf

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Hahaha nice one Tone. Is this actually a serious question from you? I thought you would know better than anyone the answer to this.

Hip Hop beats themselves (if designed for commercial purposes) will never be much of an asset. The only time the beat will be an asset to you is if you are licencing them or you are selling or leasing them. Music is only an asset when it is a complete product packaged up and ready to be sold. The artist needs to have people that want to listen to them and if they like the artist enough they may buy music or merch. The artist might be lucky enough to book shows where they get paid as well (which is even very little now as well).

EDIT: Have a read of this Why Music Venues Are Totally Lost: An Open Letter from a Professional Musician | DIY Musician It applies to the entire world and most music genres.

Last edited:
Why do so many guys who make beats want their tools for free? Not saying the OP is pirating but many producers do and then get mad when nobody buys their beats or steals them and says its not the same.

THIS hits the nail on the head. Beat makers are a dime a dozen and there are more and more beats available. Most rappers aren't interested in pursuing it as a serious career (and if they are they really go about it the wrong way) so why would you expect them to be serous about it with you?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Hahaha nice one Tone. Is this actually a serious question from you? I thought you would know better than anyone the answer to this.

Hip Hop beats themselves (if designed for commercial purposes) will never be much of an asset. The only time the beat will be an asset to you is if you are licencing them or you are selling or leasing them. Music is only an asset when it is a complete product packaged up and ready to be sold. The artist needs to have people that want to listen to them and if they like the artist enough they may buy music or merch. The artist might be lucky enough to book shows where they get paid as well (which is even very little now as well).

EDIT: Have a read of this Why Music Venues Are Totally Lost: An Open Letter from a Professional Musician | DIY Musician It applies to the entire world and most music genres.

no it was a joke but yeah having your beats become a asset
takes time with song developments
or having a couple of songs with your tag go viral
or a lex luger situations...
these are just some of the ways producers have had their brands go from zero to hero lol
using online tools to your advantage is a must and knowing what those tools are is a must
and many ppl don't even know what hootsuite,tweet deck,or socialoomph is

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

In my opinion, the way a producer becomes and asset is by building a track record of solid records. If youre just coming up, its tough to sell beats especially when most of the time you're dealing with artists who are just starting out too. They're putting out FREE mixtapes in order to get to a point to where they can charge for shows, music, merch etc. As a producer who is just starting out giving away free beats is LIKE your mixtape, showcasing your work trying to progress. If you can find talented people to work with, its much better to be a part of that than selling random 20 dollar leases etc.

Back