rap music "famous presets thread"

B

beatzz

Hey guys lets have a thread here on known presets from synths, vsti's or sample cd's used on commercialy released rap/rnb/hiphop music.

I'll start if off.

Toni Braxton's Strings from the song Please are definetly off Downtown strings sample cd.

Lets make a long list, and lets be specific not just say oh its 90% percent Motif and Triton. Lets talk about patches and specific sample cd's. I hope this gets intresting.

beatzz said:
Hey guys lets have a thread here on known presets from synths, vsti's or sample cd's used on commercialy released rap/rnb/hiphop music.

I'll start if off.

Toni Braxton's Strings from the song Please are definetly off Downtown strings sample cd.

Lets make a long list, and lets be specific not just say oh its 90% percent Motif and Triton. Lets talk about patches and specific sample cd's. I hope this gets intresting.

Dope Thread...

Cassidy - Pop That Cannon produced by Swizz...
Emu XL-1 Module Guitar Hits Preset

SeanPaul - Gimme The Light - Triton Strato Chime

Fabolous - Keepin It Gangsta - Triton Power Chords and FX

Solange - Get Together Produced by Timbo - sample off Downtown Strings

Bubba Sparxx - Ugly - sample off Deepest India

Timbo/Deepest India - Tweet's Call Me, Missy's Get Your Freak on

I know a whole lot more but I can't remember the presets off the Triton.

Last edited:
Hey, I've been wondering what synth or preset has that zippery synth sound that was used in Lil Kim -how many licks and Chingy- right thurr , anyone know?

Lets keep this thread for specific presets, sample cd's, vsti patches.
Please dun be like "triton" or "motif" or "808".

Here's another:

Fat Joe - Lean Back
Down osc-Novation Supernova 2
Used for a specific synth sound

Piglatin that was a awesome post!

Last edited by a moderator:
7thSense said:
Hey, I've been wondering what synth or preset has that zippery synth sound that was used in Lil Kim -how many licks and Chingy- right thurr , anyone know?

It's called a Theremin. There's one on the Mo Phatt, Triton Extreme, the Triton Moss Board, a program called Atmosphere, and I'm pretty sure that I saw one on EITHER the Motif or Fantom. Can't remember.

It's gotta be on a couple pieces of software though.

Last edited:
Let's not forget the most infamous and obvious...

The Clipse....Grindin'

Triton Percussion set.

Swizz - Down Bottom - Roland JV1010 demo

Last edited:
Oh yeah before I FINALLY leave...

Not completely sure, but the guitar track on Ashanti's ONLY YOU definitely sounds like the ROCK IS KING COMBI off The Triton.

Add JaeKwon's "Tipsy" to that Triton percussion set.

OHHH YEAH.....

And that string hit off The Game's "Higher".

I think that came off Deepest India as well. If it didn't then that's crazy because I can get VERY close results using a sample off that cd.

Last edited:
Ja Rule- New York New York. The heavy synth is the preset on Motif called Big Drone. There was one on the motif too that AJ003 used for his song called "Down here" I cant remeber name but its like the very first synth preset. This is a cool thread.

Last edited:
beatzz said:

I'll start if off.

damn this is what im talkin abot been meanin 2 do a tread liek this for a while - much props will get back with specifics.

Just Blaze used the Monkey Skulls percussion preset off the Triton for Cam'Ron's "Oh Boy"

Just Blaze also uses the "Jazz Voices" preset that is on many Roland Modules and Keyboards, he adds effects but u know where he gets em

Memph Bleek - My Hood 2 Your Hood

Mo Phatt - What You Want Kit

Ludacris - Southern Hospitality - Triton "Dark Night" preset edited whereas you only here the car passing.

Last edited:
plexy bass off proteus 2000 is used for ginuines/nas-you owe me, its the demo for the patch.

Last edited:
THe song timbo produced for Shwana and luda shake that ass or w/e its called is a straight loop from the VOL. 43 Aribain Traditions sample CD or refill.

drop it like its hot-snoop

the drumkit came straight from the triton

DMX - Number 11

Just Blaze uses a preset off the Triton...I forget the name of it.

Back