Rap Back Then

Redom

You got people on Youtube commenting on videos saying, "rap was lit back then", ...im 33, .. i remember when rap was "lit". Was it just because we were young or was rap really better back in the day.

I think when youre young and impressionable, anything seems lit, ....i can see kids looking at Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill as the Tupacs/Legends of their day.

I love old rap better then new rap, but if you're looking at the underground type of stuff, we're really living in a golden age (imo). There are so many good emcees & producers out there all doing totally different things, it's crazy.

@Redom I'm in your age range and truth be told everything wasn't inherently better back in the day, but that depends on what era you physically experienced Rap in. All I know is the late 80s, entire 90s, 00s and 10s and the main word is impressionable. I'm not from NYC so I can't be nostalgic about Hip Hop from that angle but people need to know that there was trash in every era of Hip Hop and I love the fact that in this era I can listen to MCs who happen to be Black women that have their own identity as 1996 changed the image of female Hip Hop artists.

Top 40 music has not been good at all for America. Idk what happened to the music industry but some really dumb people must have gotten control of it, and tanked the quality of music. It's really bad...

So, it's up to us now. We have to take over and bring that old talent back.

Last edited:
@Epsilon-144 greed happened to the music industry not that it was ever not greedy, but the Telecommunications Act of 1996 is a hint as to why the Top 40 shouldn't matter to any music creator and/or listener.

It's definitely not greed. It's just stupidity and ignorance. We're getting it back though. We have to take over Hollywood again. Morons have run Hollywood for ...well, a while, and we get really bad music because of them.

Last edited:
Stupidity and ignorance alongside greed and if you think about how every bottom feeder in the chain of who is responsible for an artist's success plays a part in the dumbing down, as the industry knows what it wants to give the now-fragmented formerly mass audience based on market research, there will always be morons around. I don't listen to Top 40 anything, but I've noticed since my 20s the effects of it on music.

ya, I hear you, ...but the results of market analysis would be completely different if the mass audience were fed different music.
lol, of course the market research right now will say "play and repeat 3 simple notes with a vocalist who can't complete a sentence with unintelligible gibberish".

That's what the audience is force fed, and that's what the market research will say to make, to optimize returns. But I'm saying overthrow that. Get rid of that idea and make good music again, like music from 90s and earlier. We can't let music fall into the crap it's falling into...

but anyway...ya, I hear you.

Last edited:
Forget about the 90s and any other era that is compared to the current and just make music that speaks to you first and foremost and go from there.

ya, that's true. Conformity ruins creativity. So even if the popular music sounds a certain way, make what you want to make. For us as artists, it's our job to make new sounds ...but our music still has to sound good. aha :cheers: It has to be new and good.

Last edited:
ha, that shits funny.

And just look at the charts over the past century, you see a big big big difference in "American 40". haha, is the illumaniti forcing music on us? or are the songs on the charts making it there because the people want them there? Both reasons suck because the first means we're not living in a free country. The second sucks because it means we've become stupid. And hey, what do you know, ...living in a corrupt country while being stupid going hand in hand! So, maybe it's both? haha but the evidence is there, music has become degraded over the years.

Who knows, ...I'm only a musician. I live everyday making music. I don't know what goes on in the inner circles of the illuminati, ...but this I know, if the illuminati asks me to use my platform to push a political agenda, I'll rip them a new ******* with a song exposing them.

Last edited:
This is going off-topic (a little), ... but I'm not going anywhere because I'm completely self-built. I'm not owned by anyone or anything. I own my own label. I own my own music. I basically own everything so nobody has leverage over me. A lot of artists have done that, and it works, man. Just be free and think as an individual. Don't let anybody tell you what to do.

Last edited:
It's because you were young. People were saying the same thing back then about the music from the 90's. In the 90's they said that about the 80's. It's the same thing over and over. Each generation hates the one that follows.

Well, I'm in from my generation and I hate the music we have. I'd much rather have the 90s music again. lol...hopefully tomorrow's sounds better. And that's up to us. We're the music makers now, ...and now we're the dreamers of dreams (i had to say it).

The Illuminati is non existent and conspiracy theories are nothing more than man-made distractions from actual issues. Every era's music is a reflection of the social climate that the music is in and the only thing I miss about the 90s is the fact that artists had to be in commercial spaces to create the albums/songs that eventually were lauded as classic.

Last edited:
lol ya, anonymous is fake too. but the mafia is real and coming back because Trump won. pretty sure he mafia is gunna cruise down to the border to fight the mexican cartels. but personally, im just gunna chill in my studio and eat hamburgers, listening to 90s hip hop.

Last edited:
I love old rap better then new rap, but if you're looking at the underground type of stuff, we're really living in a golden age (imo). There are so many good emcees & producers out there all doing totally different things, it's crazy.

Bro thats exactly how i felt in 2006 loll

I was just making an illuminati joke. More power to you, Epsilon and all young lions (and lionesses)...

Back