A&R Internship - No College Degree Required!

Kendall143

ITS A NEW DAY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TO GET IN THE MUSIC GAME -:hello:

(4) Separate Job Intership Posting

The goal of our internship program is to provide interns with real world knowledge and experience that will help equip them with the tools they will need to progress their careers in the music industry. Having an internship at Music Dealers is a very challenging and motivating crash course in music industry dealings and practices. The interns will work alongside industry professionals – helping to make real-life decisions on a day-to-day basis. Music Dealers is an ever-evolving company that welcomes fresh young minds with insight and innovative ideas. To apply for any of the positions below email a resume and cover letter to hr@musicdealers.com

CORE Rep

CORE (Catalog Organization Review Executive) Description: Responsible for reviewing the artist submissions that are uploaded daily into the Music Dealers catalog, accept or deny the music submissions, and tag the approved songs with appropriate Music Dealers Terminology. From Genres, to Moods, to Key, Rhythmic Feel, and Vocal Themes, you will use your musical mastery to give each song a proper home. After you review a song, it appears in our vast, extensive database, the Discovery Tool. Accurate search results are the backbone of the entire Music Dealers system. Though you will be expected to reach daily quotas, quality and precision are priority. While cataloging, it is important to think about the Big Picture and the End User.

C.O.R.E. Rep interns job duties:

• Observing and understanding the step-by-step process of what happens to a song from the time it is uploaded to when it is licensed.
• Learning the Music Dealers “language” in terms of categorizing/thinking about music
• Understanding different reasons a song can be pulled from licensing contention, and following through with the appropriate course of action
• Gaining a broad knowledge of a range of genres of music
• Acquiring and improving a sense of what is considered “production quality" for a specified genre or style of music.
• Fulfilling assigned projects to maintain the efficiency and accuracy of the catalogue; i.e. improving specific searches, editing/adding/removing songs, re-organizing a genre, doing research on artists or specific song qualities
• If there is proficient knowledge in a particular genre of music, learning and participating in the review process
• Review and catalog the artist submissions that are uploaded daily into the Music Dealers library

Requirements:
• Proficient computer skills
• Ability to think critically and follow instructions
• A proficient background in basic music theory
• Experience in playing/performing/involvement in music

A&R Intern

The A&R department interns have several duties that include but may not be limited to:
• Seeking out new talent in various genre(s) that would be eligible for licensing from all over the world.
• Communicate with artist both verbally and in written form to answer/address any questions, comments, or concerns that may arise in a timely manner.
• Uploading music submitted from artist into Music Dealers catalog, accurately inputting all information associated with each song (writer/publisher info, payment information, etc.)
• Sitting in on C.A.R.E. Rep meetings, providing input on various ideas and strategies to help improve overall service levels.
• Researching various aspects of music licensing to gain a greater understanding of the licensing marketplace, including but not limited to: learning the various P.R.O.'s, understanding the difference between various types of licenses, the steps it takes to get a song licensed from the moment it is recorded to having it placed on a television show/film/Ad/video game.
• Office Maintenance: Of course with any internship - interns will be required to help maintain the integrity of the office.
• Out of Office Errands: Interns will occasionally be required to go to the post office, pick up contracts, drop off CD’s, etc.

Requirements:

• Strong written/verbal skills
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Must be self starter; goal/results oriented.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Strong interest in music or the music business industry
• Proficiency in Microsoft office.
• Have a great “ear” for music and working knowledge of current music trends.

Right Management Intern

Rights Management Interns at Music Dealers have several duties that include but may not be limited to:
1. Publishing Research: Interns will research publishing and copyright affiliations for artists that sign up to the website - ensuring that they do not have a preexisting publishing deal and that they control, administer or own the rights to the music they are uploading. Interns will also be responsible for checking all songs submitted to our clients for specific licensing opportunities. These tasks will allow our interns to cultivate such industry practices as, managing business procedures, honing correspondence skills, assimilating industry jargon, and navigating the basic ‘ins and outs’ of this side of the music business. They will be in communication with people from all across the music industry including publishers, label owners, managers, PRO administrators and artists.

2. End User Research: The interns may conduct research for business leads and new prospective, and other licensing opportunities. These parties include ad agencies, film houses, editors, video game developers, etc. This research may include finding new domestic companies, international companies, or organizing contact lists and information.

3. Rating and approving new/incoming artists: As part of their day-to-day, the interns will spend a good amount of time listening to new artists and assessing the quality of their music. IF an artist is especially good (or deemed ‘licensable’), they will alert the music reviewers to FF them into our database.

4. Office Maintenance: Of course with any internship - interns will be required to help maintain the integrity of the office.

5. Out of Office Errands: Interns will occasionally be required to go to the post office, pick up contracts, drop off CD’s etc.

Marketing Intern

Marketing Interns at Music Dealers have several duties that include but may not be limited to:
• Writing press releases highlighting important company news to appear in major publications
• Executing the Music Dealer’s social media strategy by maintaining MD social media platforms and connecting with the MD consumer and fan bases
• Using analytics to examine MD’s social media performance
• Writing blog posts focusing on company achievements and important news

Requirements:

• Must be a motivated self-starter
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Previous internship experience in the marketing and/or public relations fields
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with social media analytics tools like Hootsuite and Twittercounter
• Well versed in all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.)
• Strong interest in the music and advertising industries

Music Dealers Company News: Job Opportunities | Music Dealers

Last edited:
dude has been desperately trying to get some type of respect as an authority on FP for the last few years. Every so often, he comes back with a new name, but the same old game.

I see.

I don't understand his problem here. He acts as if he is doing others a favor. But if he really is trying to help, why is he so silent about his successes? What is his role and why is he so determined to tease older members of this forum?

Kendall, are you successful yet? If not, why are you trying to help others? People can help themselves if they really want those opportunities.

Also, "A&R Internship - No College Degree Required!" does not make much sense. Most interns are undergraduate college students. This means that they have not earned a degree. They get unpaind internships in exchange for college credits or paid internships, whcih are usually called co-ops.

Did you even finish high school? I am not even trying to diss you bro. I just want to know what is good with you since you know so much.

dude has been desperately trying to get some type of respect as an authority on FP for the last few years. Every so often, he comes back with a new name, but the same old game.

See that is where you are wrong. I ain't here for respect. Who said I have to post this here.
I do it cause I want to. I do it cause I like to give back. I haven't been here for yrs. So I don't know where you get that from

You just don't like when someone see your bullshit. Asking should you become a 'Artist Manager'. YOU DON'TKNOW WHAT THE **** TO DO since you missed your chance. Now you hatin' caused the game is easier for this generation than when you came up.

ANYBODY THAT GOT BEEF ---WITH SOMEONE POSTING UP GOOD INFO FOR OTHERS
IS KNOWN TO BE ANGRY ---THAT THIER LIFE DIDN'T TURN OUT HOW THEY REALLY WANTED IT

My Little Bro Action B. told me you was just a clown on here. Now I see.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I see.

Also, "A&R Internship - No College Degree Required!" does not make much sense. Most interns are undergraduate college students. This means that they have not earned a degree. They get unpaind internships in exchange for college credits or paid internships, whcih are usually called co-ops.

You are an idiot. anybody with Common Sense knows this is not true.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Dumbass there is no authority figure for this forum. You think you are an authority figure. GTFOH
This is your home, cause you aint doing shit else -record for a few local people -lol

****ery posting since 2003 and still aint got shit to show for it, but hey look I'm on Pmp front page.
Simp ass nigga

Last edited:
Well, if you were being serious in the beginning, you've completely ruined any chance of something good coming out of this, and ruined your reputation as well.

Thanks, Kendall. You are entertaining.

^^^The desire that's uninspired.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Well, if you were being serious in the beginning, you've completely ruined any chance of something good coming out of this, and ruined your reputation as well.

Who gives a **** if you worried about a rep on board, instead of just running with the info.
Keep your emotional state ....who really is the dumbass!

Think before you post. **** all yall lol

Last edited:
Cashed a 15k check this morning. Nobody's mad, Actually I'm glad/thankful.

Desire that's uninspired..**** all yall -lol

Last edited:

Posting job opportunities is the "same old game"?

And it's not like he's the one offering the job, so why does his "rep" matter?

FP is some crabs in a bucket type niggas

Let's say you're a student at a community college, and you don't have a job. A crackhead walks up to you and gives you a job application for the field you're interested in. Do you diss him? Why?

Last edited:
The hell is wrong with this forum?

Someone posts up job opportunities and people snap at the chance to bash him? lol

OP started a big debate awhile ago about college degrees and the music industry.

You guys are pussies. and. So what, there was debate about it.
Leave your emotions to your sister or girlfriend and grow some balls. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Stop following behind people. ITS WEAK!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

OP started a big debate awhile ago about college degrees and the music industry.

Only an idiot, would let a forum debate, stop them from taking advantage of an open opportunity. smgdh

Last edited:
You guys are pussies. and. So what, there was debate about it.
Leave your emotions to your sister or girlfriend and grow some balls. That has nothing to do with this thread.

Stop following behind people. ITS WEAK!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Only an idiot, would let a forum debate, stop them from taking advantage of an open opportunity. smgdh

The guy wanted to know why people were complaining about your post. It's evident you're an idiot who brags about his accomplishments but yet is afraid to show any proof.

Wah Wah Wah ****in crybaby GTFOH- lol . I ain't gonna show you proof of shit.

All the proof you need - is checking out those job opportunities. Dumbass
Otherwise, Keep it moving to the - 'Why soundclick doesn't' work' - simple threads.

Last edited:
Wah Wah Wah ****in crybaby GTFOH- lol . I ain't gonna show you proof of shit.

All the proof you need - is checking out those job opportunities. Dumbass
Otherwise, Keep it moving to the - 'Why soundclick doesn't' work' - simple threads.

I feel sorry for your kids. Unless you made them up too.....

Back