R&B Unity Battle!!!!

I think that its important to master one instrument b4 you move to another. I play both piano and drums.. im better at the piano..

Alb-D
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

I think that its important to master one instrument b4 you move to another. I play both piano and drums.. im better at the piano..

Yes you are right, that's why I made up my mind to master the piano, I have a pure passion for it, every since I was a child, my aunt taught me a few things and I never forgot them. But I love that guitar whether it's acoustic or electric, I love it but I know I will never play it. I just do it on the synth, like I said before love Violin and strings period, and I will play the heck outta those on the synth also.

Last edited:
Mysterious there isn't going to be any RnB battle, Kontakt said he only found one cat and the rest are not coming through, MPC forum guys basically do hiphop only .

DaNOC said:
Mysterious there isn't going to be any RnB battle, Kontakt said he only found one cat and the rest are not coming through, MPC forum guys basically do hiphop only .

FAWK! Thanx 4 informin a dude.

... Well... here's tha sample track I just made anyway... tell me what yall think... It's called TOOK ME 20 MINUTES SWEAR

www.soundclick.com/mysteriouspgh

Excuse the mix if the levels aint right... I got on the headphones... cant turn on tha monitors... my visitorz r sleep.

Last edited:
Alb-D said:

Agreed. I take drum lessons still and the drums are what i am aiming to perfect. The keys are for fun right now. I learned by watching others and buying a Gospel DVD or two on playing. I want to get better at the keys in do time, but i dont have the same drive to be Herbie Hancock tight on the keys as i do to be Dave Weckl or Billy Cobham tight on the drums.

Guitar is a few years down the road for me so i can spend time on the drums and keys. I do think it is important to play other instruments though for production so you have an ear for the parts.

Peace Mysterious,
Yo I always mix in my head phones, I have the Sennheissers HD 600's those joints are off the hook. I Know the price $300 is a lot but when you do beats through them and mix it's like you are in a treated room and you hear the detail of your track. I wouldn't try that with other head phones though. The ones I have is for that purpose. :sing:

DaNOC said:
Peace Mysterious,
Yo I always mix in my head phones, I have the Sennheissers HD 600's those joints are off the hook. I Know the price $300 is a lot but when you do beats through them and mix it's like you are in a treated room and you hear the detail of your track. I wouldn't try that with other head phones though. The ones I have is for that purpose. :sing:

I got too spoiled by the truths I got. For me to mix, I like to have the sound BANGIN. I gotta hear it out loud. I like to get that feelin... the best way to describe it is like the producers on that Fade To Black movie... especially Timbo. LOL. As for headphones, I just got some radio shack Pro35s. I got some technics too... never really use em tho. Whachu think of the track tho?

DaNOC said:
Peace Mysterious,

I might have to check them out, hows the build quality... I'm tire spending over $50.00 in reference phones just to have them fall apart... (The last pair I had cost about $80.00)

Peace Mysterious yo I like that track you did in 20 minutes, it's different, exotic on an ear point of view. Good work, though, but when you do RnB don't try and do it in a quick time take your time and just do it. You already know it's about the feel. So what you use to record, because it came out nice man. sounds are crisp. :) :cheers:

JSLMusic: I might have to check them out, hows the build quality... I'm tire spending over $50.00 in reference phones just to have them fall apart... (The last pair I had cost about $80.00)
Oh yo those are the best headphones I have ever purchased in my life. I don't like the sony's because after a while the foam plasic peals off those Sennheissers oh man they are velvet cushion around the ear, and you can change when you want. I thought I was nuts when I paid that much for them but now........ Not now they are wonderful, yo if you have a store around your way go and test them gauranteed you going to want them. You know how you got to a big studio like Hit Factory and you hear the room is sound treated and you hear how the sound suppose to be? Well the Senn's are close to that and very detailed, I recommend everyone to get those. Velvet feeling is way better than that plastic crap . You can get them from American music supply for $349 three easy payments if you have a credit card for $116.66 so you don't have to pay $349 all at once.
item--i-SEN-HD600.html

Last edited:
DaNOC said:
Peace Mysterious yo I like that track you did in 20 minutes, it's different, exotic on an ear point of view. Good work, though, but when you do RnB don't try and do it in a quick time take your time and just do it. You already know it's about the feel. So what you use to record, because it came out nice man. sounds are crisp. :) :cheers:

Thanx 4 listenin... that waz just a taste. Of course if I was IN A BATTLE *Hint* I would put more time into it. And thanx for the quality compliment... my first ever on this site. I use REASON. YEAH!!!

LOL Mysterious oh dam I use Reason too no wonder it came out hot lol oh dammmmmmmmmmm lol hahaha I use the MPC and Reason but I know Reason is a dope joint 3.0? I have 3.0 that's really off the chain keep up the good work may you be blessed

Last edited:
DaNOC said:
LOL Mysterious oh dam I use Reason too no wonder it came out hot lol oh dammmmmmmmmmm lol hahaha I use the MPC and Reason but I know Reason is a dope joint 3.0? I have 3.0 that's really off the chain keep up the good work may you be blessed

3.0 Iz THE TRUTH! We seem to be the only ones keepin this thread goin... if any new battles jump off let a brotha know somebody. Thanx again D. The Same 2 U.

Mysterious said:
3.0 Iz THE TRUTH! We seem to be the only ones keepin this thread goin... if any new battles jump off let a brotha know somebody. Thanx again D. The Same 2 U.

Damn, I'm still rocking 2.5, I'll upgrade one day lol :sing:

DaNOC said:

Oh yo those are the best headphones I have ever purchased in my life. I don't like the sony's because after a while the foam plasic peals off those Sennheissers oh man they are velvet cushion around the ear, and you can change when you want. I thought I was nuts when I paid that much for them but now........ Not now they are wonderful, yo if you have a store around your way go and test them gauranteed you going to want them. You know how you got to a big studio like Hit Factory and you hear the room is sound treated and you hear how the sound suppose to be? Well the Senn's are close to that and very detailed, I recommend everyone to get those. Velvet feeling is way better than that plastic crap . You can get them from American music supply for $349 three easy payments if you have a credit card for $116.66 so you don't have to pay $349 all at once.
item--i-SEN-HD600.html

Thanks, I haven't bought from American Musical in a while, They help me buy my Korg Kontrol 49 last year. :)

I'll have to decide if I should buy another pair headphones or monitors first... hmm :monkey:

Mysterious said:
ONE DAY!? Why deny yourself the fruits of the combinator?... U r doing yourself a HUGE DISSERVICE!

Its not like I'm doing it on purpose, its just that when payday comes, I have other bills I have to take care of, (poor college student :( ) lol
I'll defintely going to upgrade by the end of summer, promise. (The program should be flawless now) :sing:

Last edited:
deeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeettttttttttiooooooooon

Last edited:
iiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggnoooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee delete

Last edited:
Here are the Sennheisser headphones they are hot. When you put them on and listen to the sounds it's going to feel like you're in a room.

14kwdh5.jpg

Back