Quick Help Please - Lloyd "You" - What's the original song/artist that was sampled?

DeeBlaze33

Quick Help Please - Lloyd "You" - What's the original song/artist that was sampled?

I can sing the (original) hook in my head, but can't for the life of me, remember the original artist or name of the original song.

Can anyone help out??

Yep Spandau Ballet, that is the most sampled song of all time...apparantly.

SP

i'm not sampling it, well i am, but i'm using the lloyd song for a mixtape but i want to take the original chorus from the original song and put it for the chorus... thanks

what part of the spandau ballet song did they sample for the original beat? i don't hear it lolz

Last edited:
bobsmitt... ur listening to the remix with lil wayne, this sample ain't in that one.

the sample is used in the version with Nas and Andre 3000 on it.

Mainboi23SX said:
The original samples parts of the chorus. The remix which is know to must as the original is the one you see on TV.
oh. i've heard the remix and that just straight loops the song. i'm assuming all those strings in You are original?

bobsmitt said:
oh. i've heard the remix and that just straight loops the song. i'm assuming all those strings in You are original?

You got it backwards. The one that is just feat. Lil Wayne is actually the remix but it's the one played commercially on air all the time. The original is the one with Lil Wayne and Andre 3000 that just loops a part of the sample.

Spandau Ballet is straight up awesome. "Gold" is such a thug song.

The chorus from the original "You" is ripped from Spendau

The "Ahhh ah ah Ahh Ahhhh" and the melody/cadence of the chorus.

Nelly ripped this song last year, dont remember the name of his song.

Spandau Ballet is straight up awesome. "Gold" is such a thug song.
The sound recording sample that everyone is confused about The song You sample Morris Barnes Song Back always we made the song back in 1998 our music label name Will-Burn Recording and Publishing it was never cleared and we never got paid I have proof, they have stolen other music from us and never paid us, yes Spandau Ballet got credit for its sample but we was given any credit but I can show you.

Back