The Pros own you...

i think this post sounds pretty silly...

you do not think that Burger King is not "concerned" and "spending time worrying and fretting" about Wendys, Mickey Ds, Sonic, etc and vice versa?

i think living in a vacuum is a waste of time and energy...

I think comparing you vs. bedroom producer joe, to burger and mcdonalds is pretty silly....lol...Your kind of jumping the gun there a lil bit homie.

My whole point was that how the next nicca makes tracks and handles his bussiness shouldn't be an excuse for your short comings.

Burger isn't posting ads or running commercials saying how the big mac is killing the sells of its whopper..lol:cry:

Last edited:
I think comparing you vs. bedroom producer joe, to burger and mcdonalds is pretty silly....lol...Your kind of jumping the gun there a lil bit homie.

My whole point was that how the next nicca makes tracks and handles his bussiness shouldn't be an excuse for your short comings.

Burger isn't posting ads or running commercials saying how the big mac is killing the sells of its whopper..lol:cry:

homie...

the point is pretty simple...

go up a few post you will see some economics 101 (supply and demand)...

here is some business 101..

"always know what your competition is doing"...

i am not comparing myself to a "bedroom" producer and/or Mickey Ds... just making a point that knowing what your competition is doing is very important...

Hence...

no one is wasting their time...

Last edited:
All of your fighting is really futile. It's a matter of supply and demand.

Supply of beats is WAY UP. Higher than it's ever been. So that's going to drive prices WAY DOWN.

The only thing that you can do to drive up the price of beats, is to...

1) Increase the demand - aka make more artist that want beats.

2) Decrease the supply - Kill off the majority of beat makers.

That's the only way to affect the price of beats. No Union, no Collective, no amount of b!tching about it is gonna do anything.

Economics 101...supply and demand.

homie...

the point is pretty simple...

go up a few post you will see some economics 101 (supply and demand)...

here is some business 101..

"always know what your competition is doing"...

i am not comparing myself to a "bedroom" producer and/or Mickey Ds... just making a point that knowing what your competition is doing is very important...

Hence...

no one is wasting their time...

Here is some more business 101

"make sure that your relevant enough that your competition knows what your doing".

Biggrome is right, it's the "end of days" for beats. Put away your cracked FL's, Hypersonic's & 808s.

competing business run to the government all the time wining about unfair competition, monopolies, all kinds of things ... certain industries have prices that are regulated to keep competition at a certain level ... you may not see all the complaints because your in this forum more than say the Wall Street Journal, but they definitely do care about people making it hard for them to get money

Yup...that's exactly what they are doing.

If you blow off one of these beats, they still own the rights to it, and will take 90% of your publishing for you to sell it.

Songs >> Beats.

It's 2011...Music is FREE

why you always talk like you know everything

This is all happening too fast. I think they have a secret WAR room where they come up with this ish.

... but, I see their point... beats alone won't sell shit.

Make a hot song to their beats if you want to, you can't do anything with it anyway.

So disheartening...

I think this is a plot to find the next Justin Bieber.

It baffles me that people are just now starting to hear/understand this...

I took time off from making beats and dedicated myself to making better songs. I don't know of anyone who has done that and the people who have sure don't talk about it...

I don't know if it's the end of selling beats... I'm just trying to bring light to that beats seem to not be "as special" as they once were. Before you had people like Pete Rock, Timbaland, Neptunes, Dre, Battlecat... go to people and you knew their sound. Now you can get 5 beats for $0.99 or a bunch of free ones from BIG NAME artists.

... and messageboards / forums wouldn't exist if people didn't bring up topics to discuss so the convo is not silly in any way. Seems like it's more silly to participate in a convo you think is silly to me. I don't do anything in the threads I think are silly.

The point of this thread was to say... beats are being given away for free by people that are a lot more known than your average Future Producer so it's sort of an "awareness" type of thing. It's not saying to stop making beats because you won't make any money.

I'm pretty sure artists felt the same way when they worked on songs for hours and then it's sold for $0.99. They used to be able to command $16 for a CD and tour and keep all of the money and now the same CD is broken down into individual songs and the whole thing goes for $7.99 and they're under a 360 deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

I took time off from making beats and dedicated myself to making better songs. I don't know of anyone who has done that and the people who have sure don't talk about it...

Been doing that all year. Songs sell, not beats.

I'll give free beats to talented artists, free studio time to record, and free mixing, just so I can get the song and the sync rights.

I have to say that I saw this while watching TV with my wife, lol.

She watches that REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA show and Kandi from Escape fame is on there... most of her scenes are from her studio and you see Jazzy Pha on there pretty often. Neyo was on there the other week.

What they do... is sit there ALL DAY it seems and make complete reference songs. Kandi writes and sings the songs and some other dudes in there make the music. THEN! they just demo the songs for people and people pick the ones they like. She made some song her friend said she didn't like so the dudes were like "We'll just demo it for somebody else" and they started on a different song. So most of the time you just see her with a writing tablet and a pen and beats are playing and she'll sing something and then the dudes will help her with melodies and then she goes into the booth and sings the song... and they stack up reference songs... there aren't many bare bones beats being made.

... only full songs to demo.

I don't think people demo rap songs though, lol. So I guess 80% of FP is stuck - selling beats. Most rappers don't want ghost writers... well, they shouldn't. I guess putting hooks on your beats would make them more desirable...

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Look out for the FREE AfterMath Record Throw-a-ways 15 beats for $7.99.

... you ain't Dr. Dre and 100,000 people will buy them joints... easy.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I'll check out your FB Cash Daily.

You should've keep your hustle under wraps a little longer imo...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Beats.... the new Happy Meal Toy.

... looks like producers have finally whored themselves out until beats aren't worth the hard drive space they take up... this is just a beginning trend, it's going to get worse. Rappers will charge you to rap on your beats in the summer of 2011.

"Hey son... I'll lace that beat for $75... I'll lace 3 of 'em for $150... I'll throw in a free verse if they're hot... email me back... peace."

I will be glad when all beats are free. Rappers will give up quicker.

"Yeah man....I remember back in the days when I used to rap. Made this mixtape and put it on some website that let people download your music. I had 200,000 people view my youtube. I spent all of my Burger King money on beats for my fans. Then beats were free. I thought it was good but then I notice my views went down......359 veiws.....all saying some dude named Lil Renzino The Don spit better on them. I gave up, I knew I would never make it then. I bumped into Renzino the other day....he said he been quit......views went down......people saying Big Munch Munch spit better on all the beats. Those were the days, though."

I will be glad when all beats are free. Rappers will give up quicker.

"Yeah man....I remember back in the days when I used to rap. Made this mixtape and put it on some website that let people download your music. I had 200,000 people view my youtube. I spent all of my Burger King money on beats for my fans. Then beats were free. I thought it was good but then I notice my views went down......359 veiws.....all saying some dude named Lil Renzino The Don spit better on them. I gave up, I knew I would never make it then. I bumped into Renzino the other day....he said he been quit......views went down......people saying Big Munch Munch spit better on all the beats. Those were the days, though."

Yep, and then somebody downloaded all of his songs and uploaded them to datpiff.com and put their face on the cover and started doing shows off of his songs.

Show money!

Then that person made it to radio off of his downloaded songs and decided to change his name because of potential conflict...

I'm thinking about becoming Bigg Modus. What do y'all think?

j/k

welp...got around the IP ban in my studio..got tired of using proxies...Bigg Modus....nice ring to it..let's make a super group.

That's the way to crank out a ton of songs. Dr. Dre only had 9 verses on Chrnic 2001, the rest were guest features of Snoop, Nate, XZ, etc.

didn't know producers bought ad space on fb, I don't really pay too much attention to the ads while I'm on there & I can't really see someone glancing to the side & clicking a link to go buy some beats even if that's their main purpose to be on facebook, just going off the people I've encountered and the general attitude I've seen ... but that's what's up that people actually do that

It's funny how if you think about a blue car, you will start seeing blue cars all day long. Your mind will focus on things you're interested in while other wont even pay attention. My ad is simple but effective.

Think about it.

Back