Proper-T's "The Spectrum"

Proper-T

Waddup FP! Long time no talk. So for those of you who don't know me, I used to be an FP addict! Big shouts to the VETS! There are some real skills that you can pick up from this site, and I would like to give you all a listen to what I have learned...

"The Spectrum" is essentially my first beat CD...ever. I have never sent them out to labels for different reasons. However, this time, I have finally put together a compilation of tracks that I can market as an entire project. Not only will I shop them to labels, but I have decided to sell it as if I were the artist. I have successfully represented colors through music. From the White track to the Black track, I think The Spectrum is a pretty complete project. What excites me about it is that I was able to let loose on the tracks, and not really take into account what an artist would do on it. How many of you guys have been told your instrumentals are "intimidating" or "too crowded"? SMH!!

Anyways, I start this thread to ask...if you were marketing an instrumental CD to the masses...how would you go about it? Essentially, if you were the artist and your music was the main act (not a lyricist), how would you push it? On the real, I want to start a new genre! We producers deserve our shine! Why can't we just put out instrumental Cd's and people enjoy them as much as today's popular music!?

To take a listen, check out the sig. It's just a preview and the quality is kinda bad, but see if you can guess the colors. 1 through 11. (Hint- There are 2 of one color).

If you have aim, hit me up- Prop Producer...

If the Sig doesn't work, check them out here....

The Spectrum Preview

Yo prop,

Seems like your style has diversified which is good. Some good stuff on there. Man I really want to hear the full version of that last one. Sounds KRAZY. Someone wants that on their album.

As for your actual question I have no clue. I never think about that type of ****.

I don't see people listening to an album full of this on a very large scale. or that idea being anything labels would be interested in.

Glad you're following your own ideas. Mark of genius.
WEIRDO! ;)

PEACE

Damn, Proper T is incredible.

Not sure how else to describe it.

Years beyond anything I've heard recently.

This CD is your ticket Prop. Hot!

Woah, woah, woah.

I have just witnessed pure dopeness. Great job on all those tracks.

Keep up the amazing work.

Nice project and concept man. Beats are crazy.

Dunno if i could listen to a full length album of just hip hop/R&B/pop beats tho. If you ventured into different genres it would be more interesting...Unless i missed the point. I'm kinda confused as to whether this is just a beat CD to shop to labels/artists or a standalone instrumental project.

Mos def the best ish I've heard around here in a loooooooooonnnnnggggg time.......tight work bruh........wish you nothin but the best!!!!!

Whaddup T?...so this is what you have have been up to?

..nice work

As far as pushing your work goes, why not set up a web store a la itunes? Even myspace has the SNOCAP store... Imeem just purchased
SNOCAP, looks like they are poised to do some interesting things in the digital sales arena. I think every one here should get in on it while they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ain't even heard it and it gets the J.Troup stamp of approval.

Prop is my dawg. Easily one of my favorite producers in or out of the game.

I'll download it when I get out of the lab, and buy it when it goes on sale!

And u already know if there's ever anything I can do to help you out, my resources are your resources!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Proper t was my favorite beat maker when i first came on here. i still got this nasty timbaland beat he did in like 05 on my old computer, good ****, with the beat cd

Always good to see Prop-T back in the building. Still truly top notch stuff from you and I expected no different.

If some of you guys don't already know, Proper-T has always been sick with it. Crazy with the ideas, keys and composition.

Haven't heard it yet, but I know it's going to be hot... I wanna catch up with you though... it me up via pm or myspace...

Back