Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: #ProducersUnite

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Laurel,Maryland
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    #ProducersUnite

    Sign in to disable this ad
    I don't know if everyone is already hip, but flying lotus got on twitter and just started airing out rappers. For not paying on time and for just having this mentality that producers owe them favors. Then J.U.S.T.I.C.E League added on to the conversation a bit and gave their perspective. I really believe as producers we need to start uniting for a change against rappers because I'm tired hearing dope ass producers getting walked on by rappers. Part of the reason is we don't know our value, so we are so damn willing to just give out shit for free.The bottom line is we gotta start coming together because rappers are only getting wacker while we're getting better lol but they're getting richer while we're getting broker!

    this is the link to the twitter conversation

    https://twitter.com/JusticeLeague/st...56997598027776
    Rapper Follow me on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/djmuhal3000

    Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/RajMuhal1387

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuhalXtra1387 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 Truu like 2 Chainz.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I find it shocking producers don't know their own value when 808 Mafia's void would prevent so many rappers from getting on. When I look at a new artist we look at the (prod.) more than anything. It's a producers league now. Rappers aren't needed. How when you can record something better than what they laid down?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Laurel,Maryland
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
    Honestly besides 808 mafia, metro boomin, and a few other atlanta producers, not many producers are in the spotlight like that. I do agree with you it is a producer league now , the beat is literally the only thing that keeps people entertained now a days, but I think as producers we get so caught up in the potential fame or recognition that we forget that we still gotta get paid.
    Rapper Follow me on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/djmuhal3000

    Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/RajMuhal1387

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,931
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 154 Times in 151 Posts
    When you have so many producers stealing pirated software to make their beats and spend no time studying music production other than what they hear on the radio it's easy for them to just give away free beats...where's the value?

    When you have to work hard, train and study and put forth effort to create a quality product, then you don't want to give it away for free. I blame these bootleg trap and EDM producers.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I disagree with that mainly because there is a surplus of producers and that's one of the biggest reasons people give beats away for free. Before when producing was a path followed by DJing, dudes would have the leverage of you can't find another person to give you this beat for cheaper. But when you got dudes on Soundclick making quality beats and selling them for $10 you have to rethink the process. Giving beats away for free is a strategy within itself if you know WHO to give them to. You can't just float it to any clown who has no drive and only wants to record music to feed their ego, which is now 99% of the game. If there's an artist and you have confidence in their sound then you float them that free beat. You have to remember this is still art and it makes no sense to hold on to a beat for years as sounds change with taste because you wanted to get paid. Same time remember you'll make other sounds. Unless you make 10 beats for the year then yea sell them to the highest bidder if you have that clout. But for me I think about it as an artist who wants to show my soul to others. At the same time it's not stealing pirated software if it is on the internet available to download. Plus how do you think any producer got on?

    Also your point about studying music production vs. listening to the radio is contradictory because some of the best production gets on the radio. Music is fluid. It's waves so it doesn't matter what route you go what matters is you go and keep going.

    Assigning blame isn't going to push you to the next level. If anything you should be confident in your knowledge that these 'bootleg' producers pose no threat to you. I downloaded Ableton illegally, and learned how to use it. I then sacrificed it to speed up my computer and have now been using the trial program everyday to get the most out of it. To each his own really. Everyone has their own path.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I love this thread. But let me say this. I feel like as a producer, I strategically send out beats to people who are clearly buzzing, who have reach and a following. Now if Billy from Kansas asks for free beats and says "I'm just setting up my soundcloud now" then no, he can't have them for free and like FlyLo was tweeting, this isn't a game of favours. You can't hear one track from Billy, think he's talented and bet all in on him because he "can flow".

    And to the point about learning from the radio, I think that's a cop out blaming your lack of sales on the $10 producers. They ain't stopping you. Make your sound so great people will see why their beat is $10 and yours is $50

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,931
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VantumNoir View Post
    I disagree with that mainly because there is a surplus of producers and that's one of the biggest reasons people give beats away for free.
    ...and how do you think there became a surplus of producers? When I was coming up you had to save up for the equipment and actually put in the work.

    Quote Originally Posted by VantumNoir View Post
    At the same time it's not stealing pirated software if it is on the internet available to download. Plus how do you think any producer got on?
    Huh? I'm confused...so every producer that got on stole "free" software from torrent sites?

    Quote Originally Posted by VantumNoir View Post
    Also your point about studying music production vs. listening to the radio is contradictory because some of the best production gets on the radio.
    I respectfully, and completely, disagree. It's like when I was 12 and tried to tell my parents that RZA was a better producer than Quincy Jones *sarcasm*

    Quote Originally Posted by VantumNoir View Post
    I downloaded Ableton illegally, and learned how to use it. I then sacrificed it to speed up my computer and have now been using the trial program everyday to get the most out of it.
    If you can't respect the programmers and producers who put their hard work and knowledge into creating Ableton, then you really have no understanding of my post earlier.

    You put a PianoRoll Producer in a room with a classical piano player and see how gets the gig...respect your craft or else what are you really here for?
    Last edited by wildinout8; 06-27-2016 at 12:52 PM.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildinout8 View Post
    ...and how do you think there became a surplus of producers? When I was coming up you had to save up for the equipment and actually put in the work.
    All things change with time. It is now harder than ever to carve out a shining niche in all of the artistic platforms not just music. And your version of 'putting in work' is completely different than now. I interned for a guy who owned a recording studio and he put in the work and came up thru interning at studios for no money and what did he have to show for it? His studio closed. Yes you are right it's because there's more access but you know what people also have more access to? Basketballs. I don't see a bunch of Lebron's and Kobe's running around do you?



    Huh? I'm confused...so every producer that got on stole "free" software from torrent sites?
    No but how do you think kids out of the hood came up? You think they had 300-600 to spend on a DAW? Or access to it from a friends studio? They went on Pirate Bay or UTorrent and downloaded that shit. I don't think it's even relevant anyway considering you still have to know how to use the program. And hell yea it's free. Everything in this worlds free to be taken. We just don't take it because we created a civilization where it is reprehensible and consequential to do so. In the internets case? If you tell me I have to pay $600 for a program that I can download for free, what do you think I'm going to do?

    Shit I mean peep this article Avicii, Martin Garrix, and Others Have Used Pirated Software | Your EDM and those are dudes that are up there.

    I think it's apart of the evolution of a producer in this era to start with pirated software because you are not that committed to making music and initially it starts off as a hobby then it later becomes a profession then you buy the program. If you keep downloading it illegally when you have the resources to do so then it becomes an issue. But at the same time I don't care too much for applying a code of ethics to downloading software.


    I respectfully, and completely, disagree. It's like when I was 12 and tried to tell my parents that RZA was a better producer than Quincy Jones *sarcasm*
    Well you failed by comparing artists. Simple as that. Nobody is better than in the world of art. I don't know about you but I don't make music to be better than anyone else. Also I'd love to hear why you disagree because I don't even listen to the radio but I know that wherever there is information, there is something to extract. It's matter of perspective. I don't know about your stance but I just don't place too much emphasis on unwritten rules because you fix yourself in.

    If you can't respect the programmers and producers who put their hard work and knowledge into creating Ableton, then you really have no understanding of my post earlier.
    That's emotion and semantics.I said I DOWNLOADED it(past tense). I have access to it again illegally but choose not to because I'd rather just buy it outright but do I regret downloading it illegally? Hell no! I had no clue what I was going to do with Ableton because I downloaded it after getting Reason. Plus dude you ended the post placing blame in a thread titled #ProducersUnite. That's enough to understand. Everyone puts time in effort into something great. A dude can makes a great hero at a deli. He put hard work and knowledge in that hero but do you respect him as much as the guys who made Ableton?
    Most likely not. And clearly you don't respect the young producers coming up because they didn't do it the way you did which is understandable but also a sign of being out of touch with the generation at large. You saying "I blame" exposes that and placing blame on these dudes out here won't stop them from going in day after day on Youtube looking up who to get that kick right. It's not stopping me. And if it stops you then that's you but know that you'll just go extinct from not adapting. No beef but I'm just being real with you.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,931
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VantumNoir View Post
    All things change with time. It is now harder than ever to carve out a shining niche in all of the artistic platforms not just music. And your version of 'putting in work' is completely different than now. I interned for a guy who owned a recording studio and he put in the work and came up thru interning at studios for no money and what did he have to show for it? His studio closed. Yes you are right it's because there's more access but you know what people also have more access to? Basketballs. I don't see a bunch of Lebron's and Kobe's running around do you?





    No but how do you think kids out of the hood came up? You think they had 300-600 to spend on a DAW? Or access to it from a friends studio? They went on Pirate Bay or UTorrent and downloaded that shit. I don't think it's even relevant anyway considering you still have to know how to use the program. And hell yea it's free. Everything in this worlds free to be taken. We just don't take it because we created a civilization where it is reprehensible and consequential to do so. In the internets case? If you tell me I have to pay $600 for a program that I can download for free, what do you think I'm going to do?

    Shit I mean peep this article Avicii, Martin Garrix, and Others Have Used Pirated Software | Your EDM and those are dudes that are up there.

    I think it's apart of the evolution of a producer in this era to start with pirated software because you are not that committed to making music and initially it starts off as a hobby then it later becomes a profession then you buy the program. If you keep downloading it illegally when you have the resources to do so then it becomes an issue. But at the same time I don't care too much for applying a code of ethics to downloading software.




    Well you failed by comparing artists. Simple as that. Nobody is better than in the world of art. I don't know about you but I don't make music to be better than anyone else. Also I'd love to hear why you disagree because I don't even listen to the radio but I know that wherever there is information, there is something to extract. It's matter of perspective. I don't know about your stance but I just don't place too much emphasis on unwritten rules because you fix yourself in.



    That's emotion and semantics.I said I DOWNLOADED it(past tense). I have access to it again illegally but choose not to because I'd rather just buy it outright but do I regret downloading it illegally? Hell no! I had no clue what I was going to do with Ableton because I downloaded it after getting Reason. Plus dude you ended the post placing blame in a thread titled #ProducersUnite. That's enough to understand. Everyone puts time in effort into something great. A dude can makes a great hero at a deli. He put hard work and knowledge in that hero but do you respect him as much as the guys who made Ableton?
    Most likely not. And clearly you don't respect the young producers coming up because they didn't do it the way you did which is understandable but also a sign of being out of touch with the generation at large. You saying "I blame" exposes that and placing blame on these dudes out here won't stop them from going in day after day on Youtube looking up who to get that kick right. It's not stopping me. And if it stops you then that's you but know that you'll just go extinct from not adapting. No beef but I'm just being real with you.
    I will respectfully disagree with pretty much everything you said, but appreciate your opinion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •