as a producer**** would you rather work with a big artist on an indi or major $$wise

R

rock g

as a producer**** more $$$ with a big artist on an indi or major?????????????????????

if you were strictly looking to earn royalties for a single isnt it better to work with a big artist on an indi compared to a big artist on a major. bc Ive been talking to a lot of NO NAME producers who've produced a hit single for a big artist on a major and only got 1% of their royalty money. this is bc they had no name and they produced a single for a big artist on a major label. major labels are doing this to many producers now or what??? bc they have to get their money from somewhere. if you produce a single for a big artist on an indi label and you are a noname producer, would your royalties MOST LIKELY get stripped too???

artist examples ----- Webbie (indie, asylum)
Yung joc (major, def jam)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes major labels rape new producers.
Actually they try to rape many producers, looks at the Play N Skillz situation.

This business model is dying.
Legal Dollaz drop some knowledge in here please.

I would be happy to earn any money from making tracks! But yeah Indie seems to be the way to go if you can get it set up right. Look at the strange music camp. THEY ARE KILLING IT!

I would work with any artist if he/she is talented and very motivated in music. If I hear more talent in unsigned artist than in major, I prob work with the unsigned. Making songs is also the way to help people to get them closer to their goals.

Back