Producer Story

MuhalXtra1387

This was one of my blog post that I posted on my website let me know if you guys like it

If there are typos or run on sentences, Oh well this was not meant to be placed in the newspaper, I’m human my hands work faster than my hands

Here I am sitting in my dorm room, I got a hard drive full of dope beats,I got a lot of people who would enjoy them, and the type of mindset to captilize off that, but the only thing holding me back is my sense of self doubt and my resistance to turn my brain off and just do. I can’t never expalin to you completey in words how frustrating that it is, to know you have talent, to know you were chosen for something better, but no matter how much you say it you can never believe it. I remember being on youtube 2 years ago and watching this video from a guy name Dame Taylor. The video I watched was titled Are You A Wack Rapper? Producer? Singer? Writer?.

I remember watching that video feeling like complete shit because I felt like every thing he said in the video was concerning me. As time progressed that video stuck out in my head, with a mirage of self doubt digging deeper into me. Fast forward two years, I am freshmen in college, alone everyday. With so much time to think I begin to rethink my appraoch to music and life in general.
I meet my first roommate who from day one showed me support, he encourage me so hard to pursue music.

At first I was relcuncant to believe him, but i realized that this person literally just meet me, he has no reason to lie to me. I start thinking about other people who literrally just meet me and are giving me such praise. but for whatever reason I couldn’t believe it, I was so caught up in idea of being average, wife, 3 kids, 9-5, 1 day off a week, lifestyle. Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with that but it wasn’t chosen for me.
As my freshmen year progressed I began to distance myself from certain people and places, with so much time to think in college I begain to rebuild myself.

I started talking to people that i’d would never have talked to , I started going places that I Never thought I’d go to but best of all for the first time in my life I was making what ever the fuck i wanted Musically. For the first time in my life I felt free.
Coming back to the guy I mentioned earlier dame taylor, I actually had an oppurtunity to talk to him personally, I remember have the worst butterflies in my stomach before talking to him. but I’ll tell you one thing I was confident, I had learned so much about who I was as a person that I wasn’t going to allow myself to fail. If he said I was wack I was going to wake up the next morning and work ten times harder than I did the day before, if he said I was dope, I was going to work ten times harder than the day before.

He liked my beats and He liked my mindset, he gave me a piece of confidence that I carry to this day. I dont care how much you think you can make it, it means so much to have someone who literally does this shit all day everyday, and is a professional, for them to tell you you are dope, and you have the right mindset to make it. That day was February 20th 2016, I haven’t looked back since….

Back