POLL: Which style(s) do you produce most?

I Produce Mostly

• Hip Hop

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • RnB/Soul

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Trance/DnB/Dance

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
After almost 5 years of Rap, I'm starting to move on to Pop and House, while still messing with Rap, but on some new, almost experimental ish.
I guess it's just natural progression.

Only do hip hop. Dark hip hop. Trap, Backpack, old school, west coast hip hop, but all of it is dark. Got a few beats you can consider "RnB" but still dark and "hip hoppy".

People should stick to what their good at and find an outlet for it rather than being bad at everything. I used to do other stuff...pop, rock, classical, ect. but none of it was "stellar" at all in it's realm. Now I incorporate my electric guitars and knowlege of other genres into making my hip hop productions better.

Only do hip hop. Dark hip hop. Trap, Backpack, old school, west coast hip hop, but all of it is dark. Got a few beats you can consider "RnB" but still dark and "hip hoppy".

People should stick to what their good at and find an outlet for it rather than being bad at everything. I used to do other stuff...pop, rock, classical, ect. but none of it was "stellar" at all in it's realm. Now I incorporate my electric guitars and knowlege of other genres into making my hip hop productions better.

Alright you got me. Backpack??

Honestly, I never heard of that one. Any samples, streaming?

Alright you got me. Backpack??

Honestly, I never heard of that one. Any samples, streaming?

"Backpack" is a name for the fans of "underground concious rap"(to try to describe in detail would take pages) - Immortal Technique, Reef tha Lost Cauze, Planet Asia, NY Oil, ect.

"Backpack" is more of a culture than the music itself and none of the artists I just mentioned are "backpack" until their songs are put in the wrong fan's hands. :cheers:

I'd say my style has gravitated toward some type of dark trip hop I guess, I also been doing alot of "video game-ish" type of tracks which is pretty much my dark trip hop beats sped up lol

My style of production is music. The more diff genres I listen to the more I can learn, If I listen to metal all day by the evening I get ideas in my head to make a metal song...however that means that now I can make hip hop as well as metal now, itll keep on gettin better the mroe i listen to... If I had the money to purchase them I would buy some brass, woodwind, drums, electric bass etc. cause I can play all of those...still learnin guitar but in the mean time Im just " backpack " like menitoned before and droned bass boombap dirty eastcoast hip hop

Why don't more producers focus on making one style of beats rather than 80? I would think it would be more beneficial to be a master of one rather than a jack of all

Solely hip hop-type beats. I only produce stuff that will be rapped on by me (I haven't produced for someone else in almost a year - I prefer to use by beats to their full potential).

Back