Votes: 3 50.0%
  • PMP

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • i like soup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like istandards setup better (one time, reasonable fee for pretty much the same stuff pmp offers) they also plan more events to actually netowrk in person which i like.

at the time that i picked pmp, i didn't know enough about istandard.
they also have a forum which again, is good for networking.

I like istandards setup better (one time, reasonable fee for pretty much the same stuff pmp offers) they also plan more events to actually netowrk in person which i like.

at the time that i picked pmp, i didn't know enough about istandard.
they also have a forum which again, is good for networking.

edit * i finished reading your post lol my bad

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

i'm reading i standard's and i'm startin to like it alot

Last edited:
lol
naw its all good.
but to reiterate, it all fell down to brand recognition to me, i don't feel bad about it neither. if i heard more about pmp than istandards at the time, odds are potential buyers had/have also.
I am about to get an istantdards acct though but i need to get my tracks finished first. i got like 20 tracks that aren't finished/not mixed that i need to get done and promote.
juggling art and business is hard lol.

lol
naw its all good.
but to reiterate, it all fell down to brand recognition to me, i don't feel bad about it neither. if i heard more about pmp than istandards at the time, odds are potential buyers had/have also.
I am about to get an istantdards acct though but i need to get my tracks finished first. i got like 20 tracks that aren't finished/not mixed that i need to get done and promote.
juggling art and business is hard lol.

yea i need to get out here and promote myself.....

The T -Racks offer is normally $99.00, so it almost pays for itself by signing up.

in essence its like the service is almost free.

I feel bad for those that signed up for PMP after those threads and did not make an informed decision.

Last edited:
PMP.

It's been a phenomenal tool for me and my career goals. Helped put me in the eyes and ears (and offices) of the music industry power players.

Those guys have been mad supportive. Everytime I've flown to NYC for one of their events, they've rolled out the red carpet...not only to me, but to ALL of the producers.

It's not just about placements either. Matter of fact, I rarely even participate in the track dumps...99% of my activity on the PMP is with indies who contact me, because of my visibility in the marketplace.

Even without the track dumps, the marketplace strategy is top notch. I sell beats on there ALL THE TIME. I make a nice amount of money from indies who have found me on the PMP.

iStandard doesn't facilitate that type of traffic. The only thing I can do with the iStandard platform is SUBMIT joints to projects. There doesn't seem to be any mechanism to facilitate communication between a potential buyer and the producer.

Hatch and Don (iStandard Founders) are great guys...really visible out there in the market, always holding events, always getting producers shine. That's one of the great things about those guys, they are really accessible.

But like Abom stated in a previous thread, PMP stays AHEAD of the curve as far as services for producers to make money. It's not just about selling beats to them. From the Ad Revenue Sharing system, to other things that PMP has in the works that haven't been announced to the public yet, PMP will continue to be the platform that works for me and my career.

No real bias, but I've seen both of the services grow from their infancy. They've both adopted unique strategies to serve the urban production market, and they've managed to carve out their own individual niche, which is definitely to be commended.

PMP works best for me.

(but like LV said...why not both?)

If you want to use the pay model I STANDARD DEF. KICKS PMP ASS.

Plus the Kanye West new placement is nothing but a plus.

When the dumps at PMP are gonna be fulled up with more submissions.

The I-standard dumps are gonna have less competition why would anybody sign up for both and waste money like that .

For an up-n-coming producer with no budget trying to get in the game ISTANDARD IS THE SHIT for this model of business. Get me the placement and move it along. Especially if you grinding in the streets also moving tracks.

PMP you have to hustle harder to make back your investment from the start.

For a producer on the move...making moves.... he/she doesnt have to pimp PMP all day long worrying about ad revenue and making back that return.

Although i use another route. This is how you shop smart. Making informed decisions.

The service is damn near offering itself free..

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I also find it funny PMP is about to inquire about making a forum.:rofl::rofl: Istandard had already done that.

People just didn't know about it.

Last edited:
If you want to use the pay model I STANDARD DEF. KICKS PMP ASS.

Plus the Kanye West new placement is nothing but a plus.

You should probably see the PMP producer placements on the front page on Jeezy's Trap or Die 2...

And the ones in the archive...

POLI PAUL - Shawty Lo Ft Rick Ross, Bun B and Lyfe Jennings 'Dial 911'
TEAM GREEN - 50 Cent 'I Line Niggaz'
COOKIN SOUL Launches New Site
NEENYO - Jadakiss Ft Sheek Louch & SI 'Come And Get Me
2MUCH BTP - Dorrough 'Ice Cream Paint Job'
T. CHUURCH - Lyfe Jennings 'Haters'
THE OLYMPICKS Sign To Mayback Music
SAROM - Brooke Hogan Ft Flo Rida 'Rough Me Up'
SEF MILLZ - Maino 'Lets Make A Movie'
NATIVE - Aasim (Bad Boy Records) 'Just Plain Retarded'
STREET SYMPHONY - Gucci Mane/Lil Scrappy 'Look Like This'
VERSATILE - Maino 'If Tomorrow Comes' Album (2 tracks produced)
XPLICIT - Diddy 'Diddy Bop'
TRAP CAMP - Swazy Baby (Slip N Slide) 'F How U Dance'
DOC ISH - EMINEM 'We Made You'
DJ Class (Unruly Records) New York Times Article
YOUNGFYRE - Tech N9ne/Sickology 101 Album (7 tracks produced)
VINNY IDOL - Redman & Method Man 'How About That'

That's all I had time to look up.

Somone on FP won the Open Labs Miko that PMP gave away. PMP also just gave away a $10,000 mixing console...not to mention other raffles that they have every month, where they give away expensive equipment to their members...

Not to mention the ARS program...where they pay you for the amount of hits you get on your PMP page, every quarter...

1st Qtr 2010
Tier 8: $1000.00
Tier 7: $875.00
Tier 6: $600.00
Tier 5: $300.00
Tier 4: $150.00
Tier 3: $75.00
Tier 2: $25.00
Tier 1: $10.00

You can get paid $1000, and never even have to sell a beat. Just get people to come to your page.

There's alot more than meets the eye. You have to give all of the information.

And for the record, the iStandard track dumps are going to have MORE tracks, because MORE people are able to sign up, since it's only a one time fee of $100. Plus the fact that iStandard recruits at EVERY SINGLE producer conference, so they are constantly recruiting at events that have HUNDREDS of people.

If you're gonna play devils advocate, you have to present ALL the information...not omit info in order to support your position.

Last edited:
You sound like a sales man, i will let the people decide...

Just looking at your sales pitch gave me a headache.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got to make a "Starbucks" run. I hate pushy salesmen. :carnageFP:

Last edited:

Just looking at your sales pitch gave me a headache.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was just presenting all of the information.

You were just name calling, and refusing to address or rebut any of the information that I presented...

As usual.

I posted my part. The BALANCED information is there for the people.

I'm going to ride my Motorcycle. 130mph feels SO GOOD!

why do you always come back with that response. If someone is stating information like you, and troup did it doesn't mean their a salesman. If you call what troup did a sales pitch, I could EASILY say you did the same.

PErsonally I've never used either but I would rather join PMP. Sure there is more of a fee but more people go there. I'd look it up definatly but I'm not gonna do that right now. So for now I'd go with PMP.

the same guy that's mad i refuse give him info in the pm...SEE YA.

When are you and troup gonna get married?

DONT MAKE ME PRINT THE PM'S PUBLIC AND SHAME YOUR ASS -WEDGES

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back