PMP Worldwide Track Dump Success

My sales on PMP have come outside of the track dumps, mostly.

But I've gotten a shit load of exposure from the track dumps. A&R's of your favorite artists contacting me, and relationships sprouting from there.

so jeezy/cte had a track dump open

i submitted to them

kept in touch with the a&r
and after a while jeezy released a track produced by me

it got played on the radio and i received a royalty check for it (through my p.r.o. ascap)

all thanks to pmp.

Everytime a PMP thread comes up I always say its about the quality of the music. PMP is different to Soundclick like Rome said, they're looking for different types of beats and really, if you're tryna get major placements, you need to have full songs or a hook on there. It needs to be up to the industry standard.

That said, there's still plenty of indie buyers on PMP who are actually willing to pay proper money for exclusives and leases, and its a really good way of making a little extra cash in that sense.

I haven't had any track dump placements but I've sold quite a few tracks and made a lot of connections. It's just a good look as well, it sets you apart from the rest if you have a PMP page. Shows that you're willing to invest.

This thread reminded me I need to update my page :cheers:

Last edited:
I've only been on there a few months...I've gotten a few subscribers, lots of views & track plays. Someone contacted me about a track, but never followed through, tho.

I'm still keeping it up tho. Not getting discouraged

That said, there's still plenty of indie buyers on PMP who are actually willing to pay proper money for exclusives and leases, and its a really good way of making a little extra cash in that sense.

I think that's the real value right there.

In between the fierce (and often political) competition for the few viable placement slots available in urban music and the $0-$20 lease ghettos of freemium beat sites the PMP provides a happy medium for producers to get a real rate on the indy market which is where the VAST majority of the action is happening. This is important as the gulf between getting Dr Luke rates for Top 40 radio hits and getting $0-$5000 for your typical urban release continues to increase. Its starting to become the norm for newer producers to actually get zero on the advances since so many records end up not being released commercially and live on the mixtape/online promo realm.

Of course based on what Djay Cas said and from what I see on their home page (ex - Atlantic A&R Mike Caren with Frank E) its obvious the PMP is used as a producer scouting source for execs and managers looking to sign the next promising talent.

i keep going back n forth on whether to join pmp or not...im pretty sure i will eventually lol

I submitted to Mariah Carey's track dump. Now I run numbers for Macaroni Tony and 'nem

I just got a placement through the track dumps section. An indie lable bought a beat from me. It'll be on their artists debut album. iTunes, Amazon, etc..

The PMP certification Denver can help you get the job, keep your job and earn more money. Here at the projectmanagementacademy net/denver/pmp-training.php we pride ourselves on making sure that you are prepared to pass the exam on your first attempt. After our 4-day PMP training you will have all the knowledge and tools needed to take the next step in your career. Don't let this opportunity pass you by, register today for one of our upcoming PMP courses at our convenient local training facilities.

Back