To Pimp A Butterfly is a "REAL ALBUM"

yokuzin

Much Love. Peace!
I stand by feeling his first album was very overrated. But THIS ALBUM HERE? OMG!!!!! Love it!! This, Black Messiah, and hopefully this Jodeci album man.....I'm happy so far.

What do you think?
image.jpg

Yeah....don't reply in this thread......yall the same guys who praised Yeezus......an album you can't even remember how it sound now.........don't lie....you know good and damn well you haven't listened to Yeezus since it released last year. That and J.Cole's album.

O.K I'm done messing with yall..........

THUNDERCAT!!!!!!!

Yeezus was a science experiment.

I know what to expect from people who like it..........

"Oh...this some year 3000 shit"...........that was hilarious......that could actually be an insult. "Yo kid....that beat sound like some futuristic 3000 AD shit, B"........only a Yeezus fan would take it as a compliment.

Ya K Dot got some tracks on there. Nice concept alum, wonderful artistry.

Crazy thing is even Kanye says yeezus wasn't his best work, by far:
"My last album was a protest of music," West said of the minimalistic and jagged Yeezus, comparing the songs to a stubborn, slow free-throw shooter. "I was like, 'I'm gonna take my ball and go home'. . . I didn't even have no music. I just let y'all have a little music on 'Bound,' but that was it. But this album is just embracing the music, embracing joy and just being a service to the people."

I'm really glad I bought it. Can relate to his message for sure. Keep it up Kendrick! Black is beauty :fist:

Erykah Badu already made this album back in 2008. It was called New Amerykah (4th World War).
Lol. Nice try, I'm gonna have to go give it a listen again.
That was a good album, this is a classic album.
I'm sure you know the difference.

Kendrick's music is to niggas what The Dark Knight is to white, neckbearded, Android-using Redditors and people with no real taste in film.

lol I kept telling dudes Yeezus sounded like sh*t. I deleted that thing after my 1st listen... even this new Drake is sketchy... It all sounds the same. From the 3 joints I've heaard on this new Kendrick joint though, I'm gonna spend my weed money on it

Lol. Nice try, I'm gonna have to go give it a listen again.
That was a good album, this is a classic album.
I'm sure you know the difference.

Listen again and tell me that Kendricks' new album isn't damn near the exact same music.

Actually, one of the producers from Sa-Ra Creative Partners (that produced Erykah's album), produced on Kendrick's album as well.

My roommate can't stand To Pimp A Butterfly because it doesn't have "bangers" on it, but it's one of my favorite releases in a long time. All the instrumentals are tight, glad to see Flying Lotus make it on the album.

Listen again and tell me that Kendricks' new album isn't damn near the exact same music.

Actually, one of the producers from Sa-Ra Creative Partners (that produced Erykah's album), produced on Kendrick's album as well.

Thanks man, I ain't listend to that in a while. A real dope album, and classic material for Eriykah no doubt.

But this is different and better. Just because we play similar styles doesn't mean we are the same quality wise.

Kendrick ain't the first to explore these diff musical genre's or pol themes, but the way he put this together is classic.

The moment matters, and for an artist of his statue to release an album like this at this time, when the ways of cops have been on full display, is significant.

Fly Lo, Robert Glasper, Lailah Hath, Bilal, Thundercat, Terence Martin, with other top notch producers. This project for a guy on his second major release to go this direction--Classic.

Back