People using your equipment

California said:
i dont get dudes trying to make beats too, i get " aww man, why arent you famous yet?? im not even gonna try to make beats anymore!"

You better watch out, one of them might pass you up!

Last edited by a moderator:
PlanetHitzProduction said:
Rule 1

Large crowds in the studio is a DON'T just to chill.

You don't come to a studio to *chill* this is a business first IMO.

DO bring in your homies after songs have been recorded. Then you can chill in the studio, and etc

But who wants to pay to chill in the studio?

TrackHead said:
man i use to hate it when my friend will bring one of his friends over and he be like " let me **** with this and that, no dont do that..here add this!, why u do that..it sounds like lean back,".....man i was like...dude! do i fukkin know you!?...now im just vibing by myself for right now .....

hahaha "it sounds like Lean Back" lol :D

It's actually not a big deal for me when someone uses my gear as long as he knows what he is doing, and he got to treat my gear respectful.

But I don't like it when someone who has no idea tries to tell what I have to do. Because those people are not able to judge a work in progress they only can say if the joint is good or not when it's finished.

Doesn't happen to me thank god. All of my friends are older than me and have an occupation in media

This is why I dont like havin all my boys over to record at the same time. We'll never get **** done. And people wanna play around with the turntable, bang MPC pads, act like the piano man on the alesis and I remember this one dude that came sayin he's hot **** on FL.. and I let him get on the computer... dude looked so serious actin all hard when he went to the computer I almost thought "okay maybe hes got something.." and he sat down and started makin something, then he was done and happy... it was hot ****.. no literally just hot steaming ****. My boys havent brought that dude back around since.. 2003.

I'm happy for anyone to play with my stuff, I encourage it. Everyone can enjoy music.

But if you start messing with my settings and start moving files and **** Ima slap you ;)

noblewordz said:
I'm happy for anyone to play with my stuff, I encourage it. Everyone can enjoy music.

But if you start messing with my settings and start moving files and **** Ima slap you ;)

definitely all for letting people get into it and learn, but only like if a friend were to say "Hey let me come over and make some beats with you", but you gotta know how annoying it is, when you get your people together to record a song.. the beat is ready and agreed on already, some have verses ready already, and then its time to get to work, and people are having ADD. I like to stay focused if there's a mission. Only two of us out of our 8 man group are producers so 9/10 times we get together its to lay down vocals

i used to bring artist to the studio, without their friends though... and sometimes they think just because you can play a few chords that they can too... and they end up making some false note ish, but claim it hot and want to use it instead...

and once i had a cat who wanted to digg into my album collection so he could give the samples to his friend who was a producer too, that got me really mad... get the **** outta here, i buy records, not for you to sample them...

nowadays only people who can play the pîano can touch my keyboards... i have no time and don't want to hear untalented people touch them...

once i came in my room and my turtle was bangin on my 1k, Mutant Ninja style! I was so mad, the beat was hot though........

cinnay_4 said:
I hate it when my friends try to tell me what to add to my beats. Like 'OHHHH you should add a LIL JON WHISTLE"
I can't stand that, especially when they suck at what they do!

ADL said:
i used to bring artist to the studio, without their friends though... and sometimes they think just because you can play a few chords that they can too... and they end up making some false note ish, but claim it hot and want to use it instead...

and once i had a cat who wanted to digg into my album collection so he could give the samples to his friend who was a producer too, that got me really mad... get the **** outta here, i buy records, not for you to sample them...

nowadays only people who can play the pîano can touch my keyboards... i have no time and don't want to hear untalented people touch them...

^^My thoughts exactly.....I wish i did know a pianist :rolleyes:

cinnay_4 said:
I hate it when my friends try to tell me what to add to my beats. Like 'OHHHH you should add a LIL JON WHISTLE"

lol, yeah i hate that too,and i hate it when people be like, make a Jeezy beat or make a dipset beat etc..Lol

Back