People using your equipment

Moralz

Am I the only one who gets mad when fam comes over and try to make music using your stuff. It doesn't bother me as much as them using my samples. I"m not afraid of them making anything hot but when they try to flip things the same way I do, gets on my nerves. It's one of the reasons I don't sample anymore. Anyone have this problem?

Yea especially when some1 who has no idea about music watches u and then believe they are the next dre and wanna bang on ur shyt! Most of the time they end up telling me how crazy i am for spending over a G on a "music box" lol good times

Raven2t2 said:
Yea especially when some1 who has no idea about music watches u and then believe they are the next dre and wanna bang on ur shyt! Most of the time they end up telling me how crazy i am for spending over a G on a "music box" lol good times
exactly. its more that than them using my equipment. saying no is like telling your best friend they have no talent. It burns bridges kind of. Then every second they want you to hear their joints. It's annoying

I guess I am the only one who has friends who plan trips to your crib just to try to make beats to let you hear. Eh. whatever.

I hate it when my friends try to tell me what to add to my beats. Like 'OHHHH you should add a LIL JON WHISTLE"

cinnay_4 said:
I hate it when my friends try to tell me what to add to my beats. Like 'OHHHH you should add a LIL JON WHISTLE"

hell yeah... i hate that too!!! ppl try to tell what they think u should add to your beats and in actuality all they do is get in the way creatively(thats why i vibe all by myself now!!... i really cant stand for anyone to touch my gear either.. i just dont.. i dont go messin around on anyone elses gear even if i have permission or were cool.. the way i see it is .. producers spend many months and years building their setup so it should be just for them to appreciate not ya boys comin through talkin bout lemme show u something real quick!! how u gon show me something on MY setup.. get outta here

JuggernautBlack said:
hell yeah... i hate that too!!! ppl try to tell what they think u should add to your beats and in actuality all they do is get in the way creatively(thats why i vibe all by myself now!!... i really cant stand for anyone to touch my gear either.. i just dont.. i dont go messin around on anyone elses gear even if i have permission or were cool.. the way i see it is .. producers spend many months and years building their setup so it should be just for them to appreciate not ya boys comin through talkin bout lemme show u something real quick!! how u gon show me something on MY setup.. get outta here
amen brotha

Raven2t2 said:

LMAO!!! :D

One time my Uncle called my drum machine a mixer :D

lOl At This Topic. I'll Becomin up with a drum line or synth line sometimes and when im figuring out what i wanna do i've had cats say here let me see. haha. i'm like nah hold up.

I have friends that come over,not so much to make beats,but they rap and come right when i'm in the middle of me making a track, and wanna add their 2 cents,(and you know what 2 cents is worh)plus they get all drunk n it gets worse,start rappin tellin me to start the beat over,i tell'em to shut the **** up,push em away,sometimes it works,other times i just turn it off and go join in gettin messed up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule 1

Large crowds in the studio is a DON'T just to chill.

You don't come to a studio to *chill* this is a business first IMO.

DO bring in your homies after songs have been recorded. Then you can chill in the studio, and etc

i have no problem cause its my son and my brother burn.

burnemup has a nice studio and i do it to him and i gave my son a Mac/Digi 001 and loaded him up with Reason and a controller and some nice monitors.

its good here.

man i use to hate it when my friend will bring one of his friends over and he be like " let me **** with this and that, no dont do that..here add this!, why u do that..it sounds like lean back,".....man i was like...dude! do i fukkin know you!?...now im just vibing by myself for right now .....

i dont get dudes trying to make beats too, i get " aww man, why arent you famous yet?? im not even gonna try to make beats anymore!"

Mercy said:
i have no problem cause its my son and my brother burn.

burnemup has a nice studio and i do it to him and i gave my son a Mac/Digi 001 and loaded him up with Reason and a controller and some nice monitors.

its good here.

damn, how old is your son?

Back