Is paying for promotion on soundclick worth it?

Dj Dynamo

Hey guys I was wondering for any of you guys that have done soundclick paid promotion, is it worth it? like what have you gotten out of it?
check out the soundclick page and let me know which beat I should be promoting also if i decide to do it. www.soundclick.com/djdynamo

I was wondering the same.But I'm sure it will help you gain some traffic

i personally as part of the silent majority (by saying this i disclose myself from the group), wouldnt click on an advertisment. you may get some extra people on your page but i dont think it is worht the money. there will be other people to buy promotion and then you are back in the same business

You'd do better by getting high on the charts first.
People respect you more and that will get you more views....
I'm just saying.

alright. whats the best way to get high in the charts? Cuz i been promoting like crazy and my songs are only like 75-100 in the subcategory charts.

I posted my player on myspace and started adding people like a monster. That how I topped out in my city under the Rap category.

But yeah last resort pay for their promotion... if it does not look good in about a month or two ... reevaluate it.

Last edited:
Ya post that player on the myspace and start adding hella people, you'll jump up on the charts.
I would never pay for the promotion on there but, I like to take matters into my own hands.

All forms of promotion are good. But what it really comes down to is the strength of your product. If your music is good but not "that" sound that the soundclick audience likes, your songs will climb up the charts (with paid promotion) but it won't stay there. Because of this, eventually you will slide right back down to where you started @. I can tell you from experience that the front page promotion will get you the most plays and you will stay up in the charts (assuming your featured song is good) for at least 3 days.....

If you think you can justify the cost of the promotion with the sales you will make then definitely.

do you think you guys could check out my soundclick page and tell me which song I should promote then?
www.soundclick.com/djdynamo

Having trouble deciding on what song to promote on soundclick? (Where's whp when you need him? LoL!)

Just go and compare your beats to the beats of the top chart placers on Soundclick (1-50).

Now you don't have to necessarily sound like them (o god no by all means originality is good) but you do need to bring something to the table that is competitive sonically in order to successfully sell to the buyers on Soundclick. Most guys in the top of the charts sell beats on Soundclick because they dialed their sound in and then they promoted it.

When you feel like you can honestly say "My beats can **** with that" then that's when i'd consider paid promo. Until then, you might just be throwing away your money.

Can you dig it?

For now, I'd just make some beats and throw them on a competition site. example: rocbattle and use sites like that to gauge my skill level. :cheers:

Last edited:
i think it would be a waste of resources. the only people that go on soundclick are artists and producers... and rappers looking to steal beats

I've used a couple of the promotions before. The Promo Song Of the Day is cool, it'll definitely get you plays and views.

I've got a track in R&B that's #5 in the charts and I didn't use the promotion. I just have about 400 plus stations that favorited it...and THAT promotion definitely works. Plus its cheaper...lol

But, your music's got to have a good appeal. A nice picture and catchy couple lines to throw in the description help too.

It will get you on the charts real quick and get you more traffic to your page.

getting up on the charts...

have a free beat thats HOT

i did a joint with a hook in it my group never followed thru with...

got to #9 in general beats catagory with very little promo

it doesn't so much translate into sales off bat, but got much attention to my page there, without paying for a fancy page

Dudes REALLY need to learn to use tha search. I cant count how many of these EXACT same threads have been made even in tha last week.

Your seeling beats for $20 ... smh paying for the promo will prolly
cost more than you actually making something ... $20 beats your
obviously not serious about ya craft.

Best of luck though homie ... if you got heat the plays will come
automatically.

Back