P.a.t.h.

Why do you feel conflicted? Its a good message to deliver to the youth, not my cup o tea (scratchin and breakin) but still good history if youre into it!

Why do you feel conflicted? Its a good message to deliver to the youth, not my cup o tea (scratchin and breakin) but still good history if youre into it!

Did you watch all of them?

And I'm conflicted because they are doing awesome and great things and yet kind of commercializing shit. They are giving kids confidence and the ability to open up, as well as learn about Hip Hop culture. But, at the same time its a "Hip Hop Summer Camp". Straight up if someone just randomly told me about a " Hip Hop Summer Camp" I would laugh like "WHACK!!"

I didn't watch all of them but, it seems like a cool idea, gets kids off the street and something constructive. I think it would be dope to be an instructor lol. Seems like a cool place to meet like minded people, which is hard to find for REAL hip-hop.

The reason I don't think it would be commercializing anything too bad is because Hip-Hop is like sushi. It's RAW and definitely an acquired taste. Lots of people aren't going to suddenly start digging hip-hop, which is why I imagine you would probably already be into hip hop before doing something like this anyways. Though the potential for the wack-o-meter 3000 to start buzzing is definitely possible.

The things that kinda seemed strange to me were:

1. The DJ academy. Any time one of the employees talked it seemed like they were pushing there business; but thats to be expected.

2. The stupid graduation day.

3.I think the whole concept of learning Hip Hop in a school sort of thing is weird. Just doesn't "Fit".

But there are definitely good things about it. I recommend watching the rest. When this one kid who apparently had been sort of rapping writes about his dad bouncing out and shit and says its the only meaningful thing he's ever written I knew there was good to it.

---------- Post added 06-30-2011 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-29-2011 at 11:46 PM ----------

Oh, plus they all ***** about the "State of Hip Hop". Tired of that ish.

I think the whole concept of learning Hip Hop in a school sort of thing is weird. Just doesn't "Fit".

Yeah, I agree with that. It would be cool as a meeting place for like minded folks, but to "learn" is kinda anti hip-hop. A culture born in the streets.

Oh, plus they all ***** about the "State of Hip Hop". Tired of that ish.

For some reason lots of people seem to think this way, some "decline" of Hip-Hop. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who knows about Youtube.

Back