No Inspiration from Hiphop...

I'm not a true fan of music because hiphop is my main genre of choice? I don't get it.

No offense, its just that your original post made it sound like you had to choose one genre to listen to. Your wording about "switching genres" is what yielded my comment.

If anyone knows any artists on the come up that's actually worth checking out then by all means post em up. Only dude i can really think about making moves and going hard is cory gunz.

i done made this list a million times

Grafh
Sha Stimuli
Joe Budden
Jynx
Cyssero

it be better if you explained the style you like. btw peep da sig das my cuzzo snype

If your a producer,your inspiration should come from other genres or music from different time periods. Gain ideas from that. Just expand your horizons man,get inspiration from life, not just other music

I agree with the original poster.I still listen to rap on ocassion but I find myself mostly listening to alot of other stuff like indie,trip-hop,and electronica.

First of all I think we should proclaim it NOT hip hop to say someone is NOT hip hop if they did not say so themselves....

It makes you sound real uppity and elitist which definitely is NOT hip hop.

Secondly just because hip hop doesnt sound just like YOU want it to sound doesnt mean its dead. It just means YOU dont like the sound.......

You know what would really kill hip hop? Is if hip hop stayed still. If it kept the same exact sound for 20 years straight without growth how relevant would hip hop be???? Meaning it would be dead.

If you want that old sound go back and listen to those damn albums.

Meanwhile we'll be hear making sure hip hop evolves and changes. Thats what hip hop is all about no rules, no limits, no specific instruments or sounds, no definition.

If you start defining what "real" hip hop is then your by definition killing hip hop

First of all I think we should proclaim it NOT hip hop to say someone is NOT hip hop if they did not say so themselves....

It makes you sound real uppity and elitist which definitely is NOT hip hop.

Secondly just because hip hop doesnt sound just like YOU want it to sound doesnt mean its dead. It just means YOU dont like the sound.......

You know what would really kill hip hop? Is if hip hop stayed still. If it kept the same exact sound for 20 years straight without growth how relevant would hip hop be???? Meaning it would be dead.

If you want that old sound go back and listen to those damn albums.

Meanwhile we'll be hear making sure hip hop evolves and changes. Thats what hip hop is all about no rules, no limits, no specific instruments or sounds, no definition.

If you start defining what "real" hip hop is then your by definition killing hip hop

You got it twisted man. Im just trying to say that artists these days arent going as hard as they should be. I'm not saying that hiphop is dead, the top profiled artists these days think they're lyrical geniuses when in actuality they're rhymes, delivery, metaphores are below average. It sounds like they aint trying to portray they're message creatively instead just trying to make a dollar. Maybe its the media and followers that are causing rappers to be wack these days, but bottom line is DUDES NEED TO STEP THEY'RE GAME UP!!!

Last edited:
I think the problem is the term "hip-hop", the people that listen to the music the "hip-hop heads" hate don't use that term, just the old people that hate the music use it as a blanket term for anybody that raps, the problem is, rap as in rapping, is no longer a fad turned genre, its up there with singing, its a verb, hip-hop was a genre of music that revolved around that particular culture, and its not really reasonable to hold people to the same standards 30-40 years later, why do people hold on to that term for dear life? people like Jeezy, who will flip out @ Monie Love because Nas seemed like he said he wasn't hip-hop (when his whole campaign coming in was I'm not a rapper ... "rappin ass nigga, ya better do numbers, I ain't gotta rap, I'ma do numbers", instead of getting mad, people should do like Pimp C did and say **** hip-hop, he heard some NY rapper say a long time ago that hip-hop is only NY music, and he said **** hip-hop this is country rap, people should make what they wanna make and listen to what they wanna listen to, and we shouldn't have people running around talking about what's not hip-hop, who cares? Soulja Boy ain't tryna make "hip-hop", he probably never even used that term until somebody used it to diss him, and I think we'll be able to evolve, when we don't try to force everybody that raps to make the same music, that's like telling every person who sings that they have to gain a bunch of weight and sing opera, and not dance etc. because that was one of the early singing forms, sounds ridiculous doesn't it? just cause you grew up listening to Smokey Robinson doesn't mean 10-15-20 years later when you make your music your supposed to try to remake Shop Around

Back