The New Roots Album

theonlybman

Just trying to get some opinions on the anticipation for the new Roots ablum Game Theory, I think it's gonna be awsome, I'm really looking forward to it.

tracklist?? what ones is ?uestlove on that dude is the sickest drummer hands down

I am a big roots fan. ?uestlove is sick on the drums,next is the drummer for blink 182 he tight.. but Im waiting for that album to drop..things fall apart to me is coldest album overall that they have made.the whole album is just sick!!!!

i been sleeping on hiphop lately. i didnt even know there was an album in the works.

anyone know the direction of it?

i need to step my music game up, my mp3 player is getting old.

anyone know if john legend got anything cooking up in kanye land?

theonlybman said:
Just trying to get some opinions on the anticipation for the new Roots ablum Game Theory, I think it's gonna be awsome, I'm really looking forward to it.

The word is that Jay-Z is pressing them to make a critically acclaimed album. ?uestlove expressed his worries to Rolling Stone saying that Jay is looking for something monumental. It should be good with that said.

J-heat said:
.things fall apart to me is coldest album overall that they have made.the whole album is just sick!!!!

I'm on the other side on this one. I've heard a lot of people say this was their favorite roots album, but I didn't like it as much as their other stuff. I don't have a top one, but the organix/illadelph/do you want more styley of them is what i like..

big timothy said:

I'm on the other side on this one. I've heard a lot of people say this was their favorite roots album, but I didn't like it as much as their other stuff. I don't have a top one, but the organix/illadelph/do you want more styley of them is what i like..

I feel ya. What makes it good to me is that the music is very good and you can sit and just press play and let the whole album play..b/c think bout it alot of us have cd where we just play certain tracks or be like "dawg play number blah blah first".

The Tipping Point was really good, probably one of the top 5 albums of last year, but I think that with this album they can either really reach hip hop immortality, or kind of fail to impress and then continue their gradual slope to being an old hip hop group.
They do like 180 live shows a year, I really want to see them do their thing live.

J-heat said:
I am a big roots fan. ?uestlove is sick on the drums,next is the drummer for blink 182 he tight.. but Im waiting for that album to drop..things fall apart to me is coldest album overall that they have made.the whole album is just sick!!!!

fa real though..i mean i dont even really like blink 182..they do have a few songs that i can actually sit through but i wont go by their albums or anything,but i have MAD respect for their drummer Travis Barker..dude can do some crazy combinations

Back