New Debate: Well Produced Hip Hop Albums

weren't down with them tho'....hahaha
he has def got betta with age...got a new joint out " breaks from the norm"....original choons from the hits that he has had.

i got some more.....:D

pre-emptive strike???still dj shadow???:D :D :D :D
ok flareward,i promised....:( ....

red snapper -making bones-?
digable planets -reachin'-?
any gang starr?

by the way what's the condition to be choosed as well-produced hip-hop album?
i mean why u think one album is better produced than another?

Peace

MATT

ya got to be able to play the album all the way through...there should be no fillers and ya head should hurt with all the head-nodding that you've dun while playing it.

Oii..Mattb...i'm sure ya getting comission from Shadow??...hahaha

peace
:)

True

flareward said:
ya got to be able to play the album all the way through...there should be no fillers and ya head should hurt with all the head-nodding that you've dun while playing it.

Oii..Mattb...i'm sure ya getting comission from Shadow??...hahaha

peace

I agree with that whole heartedly. I think people started adding people based on emotion. Everybody mentioned has provided something to the musical universe.BUT that doesn`t mean that the album is PHAT ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!!

thing of the past

personally i don't think that there will be more classics ????....albums being brought on the strength of one hit choon!!
i watched "black & white" the other day and the soundtrack sounded ok....but it's like i said it sounded ok ...not blastin!!!!
am i starting to settle 4 ordinary sh.t?????

opinons pls

peace.

Re: thing of the past

flareward said:
personally i don't think that there will be more classics ????....albums being brought on the strength of one hit choon!!
i watched "black & white" the other day and the soundtrack sounded ok....but it's like i said it sounded ok ...not blastin!!!!
am i starting to settle 4 ordinary sh.t?????

opinons pls

peace.

Naah son!

Like it`s been said time and time again,Sh**t is changing. We are older cats with old souls. The golden age has come and gone. The culture is changing for the worse in my opinion. Young niggas gettin` on without paying dues. Niggas exploiting the art for a dollar.Niggas are garbage!!!.**** em all. I`m
in hater mode. Half these niggas I could burn alone.
Half the sh**t y`all niggas post on the site is better than the sh**t on the radio or what`s considered popular.:mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what i'm thinking...is because i'm older, that i i think the state of hip-hop is in decline???
what ya said is true..nigga's aren't paying dues..."video age" is upon us.
i went out the other day and the Dj was bussin nelli/missy/mystical etc...and the crowd was going mad...i was thinking " do ya listen to what the emcee is saying" .or is it the beat driving 'em mad
what do ya do....buss a hot beat and hope that the crowd luv it or a hot flow and try and reach people????
MOP...Cold as ice is a prime example...Dj must have played that about 4 times..nigga pls....lyrics are wack!!!!
i'm also in hater mode....staying there 4 the time being as well:mad:

In my opinion, one of the best hiphop album poroduction-wise is L'ECOLE DU MICRO D'ARGENT (the golden mic school) by I AM.

OK! ok i know it's french... but believe me this one is excellent. Plus they don't drive around in low rider car or play the gangsta-player game at all. Cool guys who do music because they love it, watching their brothers going down... they chose a different path

and yes, this album is one of the best one I know ever. Most of the songs are pure jewels of production.

Make sure to check "La saga", the track they made with some of the wu-tang guys I think.

One of the guys (Shurik n) released his solo album "Ou je vis". Excellent too.

The album's production was even done 3 times (!) because they are ultra picky and want the best production/music.

yep. a must get... plus I bet this one would be one your friends don't have

i didn't see written anywhere HANDSOME BOY MODELLING SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!what's up?no more hardschool soulful hip-hop influences?????

MATT:D

i've seen that sh.t around....what is it like...i thought that they were coming off like Deelite...is that so??....or are they more like Black Eye Peas....no???....holla back and let me know????:)

no,no!one of the guy is Dan the Automator,he did DELTRON 30303 some times ago.in the HANDSOME BOY bla bla ....there are freaks like Money Mark,DJ Shadow,Alec Empire,Kid Koala, Josh Davis,Grand Puba, Sadat X, Encore, El Producto, J-Live and Trugoy etc etc.....really have a go.if u got some free web space i can upload 'em in mp3 format.

respect!

MATT

Word????

looks like i slept on that then???.....no need to hook up the MP (thanks anyway)...it's in the wax shop by me so i will go and listen....

Yo...you going to the DMC's????

out.

cool....keep it quartz locked until then.

p.s....quite pleased with that little quip..hahaha

out :)

Back