ne real gd sample sites out there? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasons61

dus ne1 no ne real gd sample sites for da hip hop scene? thnx for da help. Jay :hello:

yea i no that but i need sum drum samples and effects synths etc. for hip hop. I crate dig too for stabs n sumtimes loops. so plz dus ne no of ne gd hip hop sample sites?:rolleyes:

respect to crate digging, but nowadays u got to look everywhere to get samples.

Obviously, if u want to make good old hip hop, sample some vinyl. but more and more i here samples from Instrument soundbanks and presets. U can get them of the internet.

And to prove it. In Ghostface Killah's LP "Ironman", the 1st track uses a sample from the Emu Mo'Phatt (A brass hit).

Good thing about em, is they're royalty free.

Good samples can come from anywhere, so get as many as u can.
:dj:

Ow sorry... Ghostface used a soundbank... it suddenly isn't wack anymore.

I'm sick of Impeach, Apathy blablabla bullshid.. sick of that same 808 stupid azz played out sound, that Roland hi-hat every kid on you block uses... buzz off... come original... & that's nearly undoable with sample-ceedees & all that expensive wack bullshid.

The day I'm using sample-ceedees, is the day that I'm getting deaf. The day I'm using sound-banks, is the day after I got major with some wack bullshid.

I use dust & live instruments.. buck the rest!!

it never was wack.

u reckon all the great producers have always got all of their samples from just vinyl?

ur just limiting urself, Y'skid. If u wanna only use them things there, go ahead.

But personally, i get my samples from everywhere. Sh!t, I'd sample britney spears if I thought there was a good sound.

why?

Coz I Don't Give A FUKK!!!!

ok lets get 2 da point ne real good sample sites for hip hop out there? plz Jay ;)

there aren't any sites that are dedicated to hip hop.

u have to go to some general sample sites and look through them, some samples are good others are....

try www.samplenet.co.uk . they're closed at the moment but they have a big library of sounds.

a true soldier will use whatever is at his disposal at the moment... that's why Jackie Chan will fight with chairs and sh!t. http://www.banginbeats.com has some pretty good drum sounds... if you're actually lookin for sounds I would try experimenting with your hardware/software alittle more.... you can take a lion's roar and make it into a melody if you want.... you just have to know your sampler inside and out. I did see a nice ad in Electronic Musician for a CD or somethin that had real nice royalty-free string sounds though....recorded in a nice room and sh!t. Pick up an issue and I think you'll see what I mean. No one's gonna outright tell ya where they got some good sounds cuz people guard that sh!t. They don't want you soundin' like them.

"I don't want n*ggas soundin' like me, on NO album!"
-Raekwon

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! Someones got my back on this!

The more sounds u have got, the better.

U might need one hit to kill a instrumental, and if u find it in a sample u got from a sample site or a sampler preset, then what can u complain about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Complain about the other 236984 peeps with the same sound-bank (because sample-ceedees & all that is for commercial purchase as fucc).
You ain't gonna find my Rogier van Otterloo (who?)breakbeat.. Not even when I told you which album... HA! Probably not even when I passed you that album!!
Yeah yeah, check all mp3s on the net... NEVER!!

And I don't care about sample-crearance, because I ain't major (yet;)), I use my **** in a way you'll never recognize (when it's comin out for real), sample the unknown, most cats I sample from are dead already.

Be glad buyin soundbanks, I rather call a violin playin chick & let her record strings a thousand times myself..
Even when it almost sounds the same as your sample-cd sounds.

you know why? cause I got DIGnity with capital d i g.
(told you before, don't bite, cause it's on the streets already)

peace

Y'skid said:
most cats I sample from are dead already.

You obviously know nothing about copyrights... I hope you know a good attorney... you're gonna need him if U ever do anything significant.

Crate diggin is cool and sh*t, I still dig a little, but it doesn't touch actually PLAYING the music yourself. I don't dig like I used to coz I have musical ideas that I can actually play myself and won't find on any record. Keep diggin if that's your thing, I can't knock it, I just don't have the time to waste anymore. Just coz someone has the same keyboard/ module/ sample cd etc... doesn't mean everyone is going to use it the same way.

ok those sample links:

http://www.kidnepro.com

http://www.midimark.com

http://www.bigfishaudio.com

http://www.soundsonline.com

if u got the same sample as someone else, that don't mean they can use that sample the same way.

Thats like saying why use a guitar when so many people have already used it.

To me a sample is a sample, i don't care where its from, vinyl or cd or off the tv, its all someone else's sh!t.

TrakNice, you should read the whole sentence.
If there would be any possible man/woman who will recognize the sounds I used, he/she probably is dead already. But anyway, I know the whole nine about sample-clearance & all that.
If I use a loop, it's for some freestyle ish, mixtape or whatever, not for a real track that'll come out.
I only sample vibes. I play my own tunes.

Yeah, Rogier van Otterloo had classical, jazz, rock & folk projects.. the man probably worked allong on more than a hundered records (he was a genius).
It wouldn't be strange if you'd found some of his mp3s.
You can search your azz off over the internet for that mad, bangin breakbeat... since I told you.

In the time you've found it, I dug up 10 new fat breaks you can search later on mp3.

Cats keep on usin bullshsh in a different way, thinkin it's okay, because nobody will recognize it & all that...
Do cats like Afu-Ra (check the snare of Whirlwind thru cities), Shabaam Shadeeq (pitch Are You ready up & think the effect on the drums away) think people don't hear that it's Impeach the President again?
I wanna hear new fat joints!!
Check Hi-Teck's snare on that Kweli track on the first Soundbombing, Loopdigga by Madlib, #1 Soulbrother by Pete Rock... etc
You think you can make that with a sample-cd?
Can you get that from tv?
Other hiphop-records, without people noticing you're a dirty biter?

I go to drummers & sessions... hook up my DAT to the PA-system & ask the drummer for the sounds I wanna have, or sample old, unknown & mostly odd records... that's where I get my shsh from. I call the rest bitin...
Samplin = digitizin music... Not recordin digital music.. it's done, stay off!!

Usin keyboards or drummodules.... They're made to use, but the sounds mostly lack a soul-touch & you can't make ish on it like real instruments can.

peace & rock on!!
Y'skid

For such a strong proponent of "originality" you seem to have a very narrow view of how it can be achieved.

i mean free sample sites plz cos i hav bought many sample cds alrdy and need some new sounds so free sample sites thanx JAY :D

Sample site

Jason,

Check out this site:

Synthzone

This will get you started. Check out all the links on that website and you'll end with many kits.

Chronos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back