mp3.com - any good?

D

dutch

in particular is it any good for driving traffic to your site. im probably gonna go for my own dot.com, but maybe mp3.com can drive people to my site. what y think?

is it a useful promotional tool>?

Yes.
You can't lose, so why not use all methods you can (except spamming). mp3.com is a good promotional tool.

cool i might up some of my beats there to start off (looks more professional than soundclick)

how exactly does it drive traffic to ur site?

Nope! mp3.com or any page is not a promotional tool. This is the final goal where you aim your promo tools at. Promo tools are mailing lists, spam..er...i mean personal mailing, boards posting, banners, word of mouth, discussions, link 4 link xchange, cups, tshirts :) etc..

and finally when you drive your traffic to your page, make sure you keep your visitors' attention with design, additional texts, prize game, frequent updates etc.

cool man

is there no `most popular` or `search by type` option at mp3.com? ... like soundclick has a toplist that genecys was top of a few wks back - i guess he gets a lot of traffic from that list

i was wondering if mp3.com gives you a lot of this kinda traffic as I see mp3.com sites with a lot of hits

also,
do most of ur hits come from the mp3.com server or from outside links?

mp3.com has a top lists sorted by genres whish is populated by download/play/cd purchase/other sh!t algorythms. But mp3.com hosts waaay way more artists than soundclick and has the biggest name and reputation outthere. but the problem is -> mp3.com is f'ckn huge! there is NO WAY you could expect even a single page hit or play a day if you don't advertise or have a steady fan base. The other problem is that the mp3.com hosts artists like madonna, eric clapton, diddy, snoop, 50 cent, missy, and more of the well well known and signed artists. those artists eat up average listeners attention.

and for the page hits i don't know where do they come from. mp3.com doesn't allow putting java based counters on your page so you can't track ins and outs. just hits and duration. mp3.com official stats don't show ins and outs either

mp3.com sucks

Another problem with mp3.com is censorship. When you upload a song it better not have samples or foul language. Because mp3.com has a staff that reviews the songs that are uploaded. Here's the catch with that... it takes about 7 days for them to review and finally allow your song to be posted. However, if you pay them a fee every month, they will do the review in about 2 days. Extortion B. Plain and simple. Unless you pay them money, you can't upload more than 3 songs on your page either.

Soundclick has cornier members, true, but soundclick doesn't put a limit on the amount of music I can post, and also... No one has to review my songs and censor them. Right after my joint is uploaded it's right there on the page. Free of charge. F*ck mp3.com.

I have logged to both, soundclick and mp3.com, but 1 thing caught my eye just at start... you have to put money in, to get better mp3:kb/s sound, more space for songs and all that..
mikseri.net, which i'm using more on the other hand offers unlimited space, up to 320kbs mp3's with no cost.

yeh i think ill have my own dot.com after all lol.. thx tho every1

Man i'm really getting sick of those popups there. Seriously do they think that having it pop right up in my face or having **** flying around the screens gonna make me any more interested in clicking on the link? Can they be making that much money of those popups? I think stuff like that'll more likely make people less interested in coming back. I was there one hour, first I get these ****ing cartoons with cut off heads mumbling away trying to get me to scratch something, then this screen comes up with some women moaning in the back advertising shampoo, then the friggen lavalife one, then i nearly fall off my chair when guns start firing out of nowhere and this join the army advo comes flying in my face lol...crazy ****.

1005 said:
I have logged to both, soundclick and mp3.com, but 1 thing caught my eye just at start... you have to put money in, to get better mp3:kb/s sound, more space for songs and all that..
mikseri.net, which i'm using more on the other hand offers unlimited space, up to 320kbs mp3's with no cost.

Yes, i´m also using http://www.mikseri.net
Only disadvantage is the language for international users because the site is in finnish.

erm...
correct me if i'm wrong but they stopped new free members joining up at mp3.con quite a while ago... anyway the site is dead. Traffic has dropped by a third since they limited artists there to just 3 tunes and changed the stations (the most popular mathod of listening to music there) to lofi streaming only plus it takes up to 2 weeks to get a tune approved. I've got a site there (and everyehere else) and though a year or so ago i did get 800 plays a day when i was at number one... i now get maybe 10 or so. The only thing mp3.con ever had in its favour compared to other OMDs was big traffic - but now thats vanishing..

MM

Back