Motivation Is Gone..........What Now?

You can be motivated to flip burgers all day if you are saving up for a new bike or some shit but it's not going to make that shit any more interesting because it's just a means to an end, racing your bike is quite different however because it presents a challenge.

You think you know but you don't. Here's how to know, ask yourself this question, how will I know when I have achieved my goal? What precise moment will I know I have achieved my goal? That questioning gets the desired end state as clear as possible, the clearer the end state, the clearer the course of action is.

Think about it like this, for example your goal is to lose weight, you eat healthier, ok now you lost 200 grams, your goal is accomplished...but is it?

Get specific, you need to be able to put your finger on it and say this is it !

I have several goals actually.

I write not only music, but I also write movies. No one have ever read my work, but I have so many ideas, but when it comes to music, its like I cant evolve anyore.

I know I have great new ideas, but I have no online followers, and I dont talk to friends anymore. Only thing I have is my computer lol...

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

You can be motivated to flip burgers all day if you are saving up for a new bike or some shit but it's not going to make that shit any more interesting because it's just a means to an end, racing your bike is quite different however because it presents a challenge.

Good point bra

Last edited:
Have you ever been in a real studio ? Have you ever recorded people ? If money is an issue, what did you try to circonvene it ?

It's normal to lack directions in which to apply grind... You need to meet people who grind in the same domain. I guess that's also why you are here. But few of us will be of help because we are all in the same boat more or less. You really need to move your ass, as do I. No one can really give you the direction, you have to find it for yourself with the hints of successful people.

Bloody Glove's earlier post had that intent. Start doing things and get tangible results. If you don't create anything tangible, that you can have in your hands, then you are not moving toward your goal. If you do, then put that in other people's hands and so on.Hope I don't sound like I am lecturing you, that's just how I see things. Don't get comfortable.

{Now the pb with music is that most people you see as successful, are not really that successful and still grinding.. but you can still watch what they do/did...}

Last edited:
Can passion dry up?

So me, my brother, and my cuz started making beats about 7 ears ago.

Man the passion we had, we would do anything we could to spare time for FL Studio. Skipped class, stay awake to the next morning, scr*w a job, im making beats! Always searching for that next sound kit, or free vst. When I began to write lyrics, i was even more thrilled about it.

But now, things are diffrent. Cuz is dead r.i.p, and my borther quit. Me.....still daydreaming about "making it", but when it comes to the actual work, it just doesnt excite me anymore, as it use to.

Have any of your lost the motivation too? Deep down you know you want continue, and you just cant force yourself to quit, but the same "atmosphere" that were in the beginning, just isnt the same anymore.....

Have you progressed beyond making beats in your bedroom?

If you're not progressing, then you're really just wasting your time.

You been practicing for 7 years...when are you actually going to put that practice to work and actually make something tangible?

The end result of beat making is money through sales. Whether that be licensing, or making songs, or whatever.

Take it to the next level.

I have several goals actually.

I write not only music, but I also write movies. No one have ever read my work, but I have so many ideas, but when it comes to music, its like I cant evolve anyore.

I know I have great new ideas, but I have no online followers, and I dont talk to friends anymore. Only thing I have is my computer lol...

We need to get you some direction. Ok so you say you write music and movies.

What do you want to accomplish with music? And what do you want to accomplish with movies?

I'm sorry but it doesn't sound like you really have goals. A goal is "The object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result"

So do you want to write a screenplay? What type of movie, indie or major? If you wanna do that you need to do research, fortunately I already have so I can help you but you need to be clear man, you need to be clear, you say you have ideas, that's just a piece of the cake, what are your goals? If you can't tell me I can't help you.

Last edited:
Dude on the real, I clown a lot on this place but I have something most people here don't. Longevity. I started making music with a dusty 4 track in box room. No computers or software libraries or none of that shit. Maybe for the most part during my 15+ years of making music, I could have been pushing myself harder but I've busted my balls harder than most and I've seen just about every facet and every grind in the music business and I'm dead honest when people ask for my opinion on whether they should pursue this production shit. I say no, you don't want to end up 35 years old like me, boxed in mentally and unable to connect to the newer generation.

Thing is now you might be young, say 18 or whatever. You think the sky is the limit. You can adapt quickly because your mind is still in formation. But when you get older you'll conform to certain patterns and you'll become not complacent but a victim of routine. And I'm not talking when you're OLD OLD, I'm talking in your mid twenties. It'll happen and you'll wonder why it's that much harder to get things done that you could do when you were young. You're expected to keep deadlines in this music shit, to be able to produce high quality material within a respectable timeframe over and over and over. How long will you be able to keep up?

Nah you're still young. You still have years ahead of you. Years to figure out that damn near everyone you meet in the business who you think can push you into a better situation financially is just as broke as you are, just on a different level of deception. They rock the pen, you rock the MPC. It's the same shit for everyone. You won't starve to death because if you're smart by the time you reach 30 you'll have built yourself an infrastructure to survive but it won't be the glamour of what you envision in your mind now, oh no sir. And when you see a ****ing road sweeper ('santitation worker') go by, you'll kick yourself when you realize that they probably earn more money than you.

Do music because you enjoy it, the minute any business gets involved in it --- trust me, run a ****ing mile that way. You only live life once.

Dude on the real, I clown a lot on this place but I have something most people here don't. Longevity. I started making music with a dusty 4 track in box room. No computers or software libraries or none of that shit. Maybe for the most part during my 15+ years of making music, I could have been pushing myself harder but I've busted my balls harder than most and I've seen just about every facet and every grind in the music business and I'm dead honest when people ask for my opinion on whether they should pursue this production shit. I say no, you don't want to end up 35 years old like me, boxed in mentally and unable to connect to the newer generation.

Thing is now you might be young, say 18 or whatever. You think the sky is the limit. You can adapt quickly because your mind is still in formation. But when you get older you'll conform to certain patterns and you'll become not complacent but a victim of routine. And I'm not talking when you're OLD OLD, I'm talking in your mid twenties. It'll happen and you'll wonder why it's that much harder to get things done that you could do when you were young. You're expected to keep deadlines in this music shit, to be able to produce high quality material within a respectable timeframe over and over and over. How long will you be able to keep up?

Nah you're still young. You still have years ahead of you. Years to figure out that damn near everyone you meet in the business who you think can push you into a better situation financially is just as broke as you are, just on a different level of deception. They rock the pen, you rock the MPC. It's the same shit for everyone. You won't starve to death because if you're smart by the time you reach 30 you'll have built yourself an infrastructure to survive but it won't be the glamour of what you envision in your mind now, oh no sir. And when you see a ****ing road sweeper ('santitation worker') go by, you'll kick yourself when you realize that they probably earn more money than you.

Do music because you enjoy it, the minute any business gets involved in it --- trust me, run a ****ing mile that way. You only live life once.

doesn't have to be like that.

I'm 36, been doing this for 10. And I'm finding the older I get, the deeper I get into all different genres, and the more experiences I have, the more OPEN I am. I love listening to what the teenagers are doing with the music. Some of it sucks, but some of it is really progressive, and moving music as a whole, forward.

I love learning new ways that technology is helping to bridge the gaps and bring people together, all in the name of music. I love new apps, new social media platforms, new sounds, new everything.

It all motivates me, and excites me.

It works in reverse too. I had a 12 year old put me on to MF DOOM last weeks.

And in return, I put him on to Jay Electronica.

Music...i love it.

I make a shitload more money selling tutorials and advertising space than I ever did from production royalties. That is not to say I don't enjoy making music, I just don't enjoy the marketing / business aspect of it. I can't speak for the exception to the rule, I speak for the majority of artists that I have seen in my career and my lifetime and the 'then' and the 'now', and for the most part most of those stuck in their habits are still broke as **** dreaming about a better tomorrow.

Some of those cats who were versed in project management and marketing have gone on to do bigger things but nearly always they are outside of the artistic scope ie dealing with licensing agencies and PR groups but have stopped making music entirely.

Back