Miley Cyrus - Bangerz

MrWonderful

Alright so who's heard it? I listened to it all last night, the deluxe version actually.

I think Wrecking Ball, Adore You, and On My Own, were the best songs on the album.

On My Own and Adore you being the best vocally.

The album cover was ass and Mike Will did a pathetic job as a executive producer on this album, so did Miley.

The artwork was atrocious and the features laughable.

I couldn't tell who had the worst feature Big Sean or Future?

Thoughts?​

I refuse to accept it as that lol

Seriously tho, the Album had a little bit of everything I think...nothing I particularly liked.

sorry it does lol. I've listened to a couple songs. not bad at all. i just want her to get away from that rihanna style. I've got to finish it but it needs some cohesion the styles are all over the place.

hell no that shit is pop rnb is jodeci, ginuwine, keith sweat, trey songz even but hell no not this

If I replaced Miley on those songs with Kelly Rowland would it be RnB? I'm just saying. R&B instrumentals, Hip Hop features, Hip Hop executive producer, R&B style singing. but not R&B and Hip Hop? The logic doesn't hold

If I replaced Miley on those songs with Kelly Rowland would it be RnB? I'm just saying. R&B instrumentals, Hip Hop features, Hip Hop executive producer, R&B style singing. but not R&B and Hip Hop? The logic doesn't hold

So if you replaced say..Justin Bieber on a Aesop Rock track would that make it Hip-Hop?..Nope. It would come across like a bad dream. Like someone just dipping their toe into a music and culture that they have no real interest in other than creaming some money.

Miley Cyrus is NOT RnB, there is no two ways about it.

So if you replaced say..Justin Bieber on a Aesop Rock track would that make it Hip-Hop?..Nope. It would come across like a bad dream. Like someone just dipping their toe into a music and culture that they have no real interest in other than creaming some money.

Miley Cyrus is NOT RnB, there is no two ways about it.

why not? Because it isn't an accepted hip hop artist? The logic makes no sense. So according to your logic I were to make a classical piece of music it'd not be classical music because I'm not a traditional classical musician.

why not? Because it isn't an accepted hip hop artist? The logic makes no sense. So according to your logic I were to make a classical piece of music it'd not be classical music because I'm not a traditional classical musician.

Thats apples and oranges. To be able to play a piece of classical music you would have to be trained, put work and time and effort into it, for years. If you just picked up a violin and starting making random swings with your hand and making a whole lot of noise you think people who been into classical music for a long time, people who dedicate their life to the craft are gonna be so accepting of your shit because it has a remotely "classical" sound. Hell no.

Thats what Miley Cyrus is doing. "Trying" to sound like RnB but comes out with nothing but guff.

And my logic makes pefect sense. Its just a shame some people don't see it.

Thats apples and oranges. To be able to play a piece of classical music you would have to be trained, put work and time and effort into it, for years. If you just picked up a violin and starting making random swings with your hand and making a whole lot of noise you think people who been into classical music for a long time, people who dedicate their life to the craft are gonna be so accepting of your shit because it has a remotely "classical" sound. Hell no.

Thats what Miley Cyrus is doing. "Trying" to sound like RnB but comes out with nothing but guff.

And my logic makes pefect sense. Its just a shame some people don't see it.

People don't see it because it doesn't. lol. So what makes her R&B would be her having years of practicing it right? So any new coming artist to any genre would not be considered part of that genre because they have yet to dedicate their life to that craft.... You see the flaw here? You could say that it isn't something that you like, but to say that something isn't RnB not based on the production, arrangement, or singing, but based on who it is, is purely stupid. I'm sorry

People don't see it because it doesn't. lol. So what makes her R&B would be her having years of practicing it right? So any new coming artist to any genre would not be considered part of that genre because they have yet to dedicate their life to that craft.... You see the flaw here? You could say that it isn't something that you like, but to say that something isn't RnB not based on the production, arrangement, or singing, but based on who it is, is purely stupid. I'm sorry

A new artist to a genre???...they maybe new to the general public but 90 percent of artists have put in work way before they got famous and actually have a love for the music. Miley Cyrus has been sent in this direction by her record label.

You don't just dip your toe in Hip-Hop or RnB...Ain't having that.

Cant believe Im actually having a debate as to the merits of Miley Cyrus as an RnB artist. So funny.

A new artist to a genre???...they maybe new to the general public but 90 percent of artists have put in work way before they got famous and actually have a love for the music. Miley Cyrus has been sent in this direction by her record label.

You don't just dip your toe in Hip-Hop or RnB...Ain't having that.

Cant believe Im actually having a debate as to the merits of Miley Cyrus as an RnB artist. So funny.

not to the general public, but any artist. 5 years ago I couldn't be a hip Hop beatmaker, because I hadn't dedicated my time to it yet, right? How about Trinidad James? He had been rapping for only 6 months before he blew up? Plus who's to say what Miley has or hasn't been doing in her private life? Like I said your logic has flaws. Also how much time is enough to be considered legitimate hip hop or Rnb? Who sets these standards? Whether or not someone has donated a considerable amount of time to RnB doesn't determine if their song is RnB. What determines it is whether or not it is RnB.

not to the general public, but any artist. 5 years ago I couldn't be a hip Hop beatmaker, because I hadn't dedicated my time to it yet, right? How about Trinidad James? He had been rapping for only 6 months before he blew up? Plus who's to say what Miley has or hasn't been doing in her private life? Like I said your logic has flaws. Also how much time is enough to be considered legitimate hip hop or Rnb? Who sets these standards? Whether or not someone has donated a considerable amount of time to RnB doesn't determine if their song is RnB. What determines it is whether or not it is RnB.

Look. I enjoyed the debate for a short while. Im now getting migraines. You just put Trinidad James and legitimate Hip-Hop in the same response. That's it. Im out.

I know logic tends to do that to some. Tell me how Trinidad James isn't legitimate hip hop? who decides what's truly legitimate hip hop?

I know logic tends to do that to some. Tell me how Trinidad James isn't legitimate hip hop? who decides what's truly legitimate hip hop?

This is like a ten year old childs debate. "Who can truly say that Justin Bieber isn't a better artist than John Lennon or Bob Dylan....who makes that call". Blah blah, f***Ing blah. Of course personal taste comes into things. But some things are just a given. Like Justin Bieber NOT being a better artists than John Lennon or Bob Dylan...Miley Cyrus NOT being an RnB singer and Trinidad f***ing James NOT being legitimate Hip-Hop.

Back