Mike WILL is probably the best trap producer right now

Real ATL shit. Start laughing at the word trap. Trap is that shit other people do from the outside.

2014 ATL take over. Give yall something new to do since the world can't think on their own. Follow the leader.

Last edited:
If by best you mean most relevant, then yeah, sure.

If by best you mean skill-wise? Not even. Guys like Bauuer sink this guys ship all day with more complex chord/drum arrangements

Mike Will didn't even start the overdriven 808, Lex Luger did. And guys like Chop, and Mike Will hopped on board.

No hate, Mike Will has plenty of bangers .. but Bangerz should be evident enough this guy can't take an entire album on his own, therefore isn't in the elite producer category ..... yet.

If by best you mean most relevant, then yeah, sure.

If by best you mean skill-wise? Not even. Guys like Bauuer sink this guys ship all day with more complex chord/drum arrangements

Yeah. Baauer, Flosstradamus, Hucci, and TNGHT got more production elements to their songs. Mike Will is kind of boring in comparison.

ISK man! Told you this shit was going to happen.......told you man. THIS is what I was talking about two years ago. Not the fact that "white boy trap shit" has evolved into something......but the fact it will be compared to the original form as if it should be.

Yall take that shit to the electronica section. :cheers: Talking about more elements.....like it needed to be fixed.....like it needs to be an orchestra......foh.

Lex showed yall he didn't do shit but what you were doing before you heard of Lex. Pick some got damn sounds out in a ragidy ass laptop with little stickers on it. He was an ole "pentium 4 4ghz has more power" type dude....

Yall give Lex waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more credit than he deserves. I think because he feels like your buddy with his videos.....if he even still do them videos.

Last edited:
No hate, Mike Will has plenty of bangers .. but Bangerz should be evident enough this guy can't take an entire album on his own, therefore isn't in the elite producer category ..... yet.

That was flat out hate right.

That's the new style...dry hating.......first they start with "no hate".......fuuck that dry hating...sheeeed......be a full blown hater like me.

Fuuck Drake.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah that's what's been missing.....feel better already.

^^^^here is something to think about. If you had five or six "you's"........then you would be able to do "more". I've been leaning more on wanting to be that. Not use "your" ideas but tell you how I want "my work" to be done....for example. I know how I want my sound to be.....don't add anything extra because then it will be your sound that I'm introducing. This Burger King foo....not McDonalds.......my Big King is not a spin off of the Big Mac......you make the BIG KING!!!!

See....big difference!!! Now make my shit!!!
0614c42a5ab35d6d2bd61968a38ecb1c.jpg

I definitely would rather have a few guys making beats in "my signature" than me sitting and making beats. Shit is boring. I enjoy producing the song.....shaping things up....editing....setting the song structure...working with the artist. That's the real fun right there. All I need is a few nerds to click on laptops making beats in my style and image.

Last edited:
All trap is electronica. Ain't nobody playing no real instruments. Dudes are just tapping buttons on a controller or clicking a mouse. All of the sounds are synthetic sounds.

There is no need to hate on white people for embracing the culture and putting their own twist on it. Some of the stuff they put out is great because they are making music strictly to be listened to as instrumental music. They can go harder because they do not have to worry about rappers. They can just throw some sweet vocal chops over it and call it good.

That's what I was yelling over in the Bangerz thread, real recognize real.

It's the truth, deal with it.

Yeah. Baauer, Flosstradamus, Hucci, and TNGHT got more production elements to their songs. Mike Will is kind of boring in comparison.

Doubt it. None of those EDM trap producers can even be at the level of hip hop producers with the exception of Hudson Mohawke. You don't see alot of rappers jumping on their beats.

Doubt it. None of those EDM trap producers can even be at the level of hip hop producers with the exception of Hudson Mohawke. You don't see alot of rappers jumping on their beats.

yea a lot of these guys on here don't know the difference between trapstep and trap.

Pretty sad story.

I'm with you.

I know the difference: Trapstep > Trap

I am glad that rappers aren't on those beats. Trap beats have to be made to fit into a certain structure to accommodate rappers. That is why most of the beats sound so cliched and terrible.

With Trapstep, the producer has the creative space to use traditional 808 and 909 drums while adding other electronic elements and vocal samples.

How can trap be better when trap producers don't even sample? These guys just use the same stock sound kits and presets. No hotness is created from a lack of experimentation these days. Any trollop can plug together presets.

Last edited:

I know the difference: Trapstep > Trap

I am glad that rappers aren't on those beats. Trap beats have to be made to fit into a certain structure to accommodate rappers. That is why most of the beats sound so cliched and terrible.

With Trapstep, the producer has the creative space to use traditional 808 and 909 drums while adding other electronic elements and vocal samples.

How can trap be better when trap producers don't even sample? These guys just use the same stock sound kits and presets. No hotness is created from a lack of experimentation these days. Any trollop can plug together presets.

I've heard plenty of trap sample, I've made sampled trap music before from an Indie folk song.

As for you saying any trollop can plug together presets, well why don't you and make some money?

Oh wait, it doesn't work like that.

you know this is nothing new right? This shit been done before decades ago. Even Timbaland and other producers were experimenting electronic sounds into hip hop beats. This is nothing new. Majority of EDM trap is just slapping an 808 bassline with chopped repetitive vocal sounds or that overused perc sound I hear all the time , a build up, then an annoying drop with dubstep sounds. Most beats I hear are amateur IMO. Bad drum selections imo. If you are going to make a trap beat, you should know the basic fundamentals first, not just slap any sound like a 2 year old would do. Might as well just make house music and use all the noises effects you want.

Last edited:
Back