If you had to choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

[F_or_DEAF]

discuss...

this is a tough one...

B00069MPVW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Andre3000.jpg

arguably the two hottest hip hop / rap artists alive...

but if you had to choose...

I'm all for doom but... I really can't stand to hear his music...

they CAN be compared...ARTISTICALLY, they totally can be compared!

why?

because they are undoubtedly the most talented hip hop / rap artists in the game right now...that's why...

mf doom should never be mentioned at the same time as 3 stacks ever, under any circumstances.

thats like comparing neox to quincy jones

mf doom should never be mentioned at the same time as 3 stacks ever, under any circumstances.

thats like comparing neox to quincy jones

Ummm, I wouldn't go that far. Doom does his thing but he doesn't keep my attention as much as Andre does. So I would have to give it to Andre.

WHY FAM?

underground heads gone with DOOM.

mainstream heads gone go with 3000.

the people who are real music lovers are going to ask the same question i did. "WHY?"

Are we consolidating emcees? Is this Highlander? There can be only one! Granted, seeing DOOM and Andre square off with swords would be cool.

DOOM because we are talking brilliant albums vs a couple hit songs.

When he was with Outkast, 3 wasnt really a good rapper. Somewhere along the line he passed up even Big Boi and became hella clean. But since that time he has not had a whole album of great rapping. I mean his last album was some wack wannabe prince sh1t and a super extraordinary Beatles type single. Hes had a couple freestyles and a few hits that he killed it on lately, but only because he was different.

DOOM's Madvillainy is a sheer masterpiece. Some of you are too stupid to get it because youre not supposed to listen to it in the same way you listen to urban pop so you missed the boat on that one. But as far as creative talent DOOM is amazing. His music can get you into a zone that is very deep, unique and specific.

And its DOOM now, not MF Doom. Thats like calling sean combs Puff Daddy still.

MF Doom is a weirdo. Never could understand the hype around him.

MF Doom is a weirdo. Never could understand the hype around him.

He's just ill. In a song he bombards you with an overwhelming amount of similies and rhymes and his delivery just flows in a kind of deadpan but quirky way which gets you in a very pleasurable listening zone. A couple of his albums are inexhaustibly brilliant with layer-upon-layer of carefully considered yet immediate hip hop, forward-thinking but always close to its roots.

Back