MF DOOM vs. Andre 3000

If you had to choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WOW.

never read anything more ridiculous..

Youre pretty retarted and I have never read something that you said that wasnt of the hater mindset. Honestly you only spill out filth like all the time and I know youre type. But Ill humor you to say that: Andre 3K has only been a comparable to the flow of DOOM in recent times. But stuff like walk it out came in 2006 and its 2009 now. The 3K of today can almost be compared to DOOM, but the 3K during the early days of Outkast is nowhere near the brilliance of DOOM. Back then Big Boi was considered the better rapper.

Like I said, you are too stupid to get it.

Hater

He's just ill. In a song he bombards you with an overwhelming amount of similies and rhymes and his delivery just flows in a kind of deadpan but quirky way which gets you in a very pleasurable listening zone. A couple of his albums are inexhaustibly brilliant with layer-upon-layer of carefully considered yet immediate hip hop, forward-thinking but always close to its roots.

If you had to say 1 track was Doom's best or your fav. which would it be so i can check it out & see what the fuss is about.

I would say this one. It kind of captures that vibe I was trying to explain.

Lyrically he's pretty good but i just can't get w/ that lazy delivery. It keeps me from liking alot of NY cats too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre pretty retarted and I have never read something that you said that wasnt of the hater mindset. Honestly you only spill out filth like all the time and I know youre type. But Ill humor you to say that: Andre 3K has only been a comparable to the flow of DOOM in recent times. But stuff like walk it out came in 2006 and its 2009 now. The 3K of today can almost be compared to DOOM, but the 3K during the early days of Outkast is nowhere near the brilliance of DOOM. Back then Big Boi was considered the better rapper.

Hater

that was a lil out of line and your outlook on the overall career of 3k is misconstrued

^Lyrically he's pretty good but i just can't get w/ that lazy delivery. It keeps me from liking alot of NY cats too.

I know exactly what you mean. The material is kind of hard to digest because the delivery is "different" and when I first heard Madvillainy I used to skip tracks and not really have the patience to listen to the non-mainstream type songs.

But then one day after the album kinda grew on me and after a few listens, I started to enjoy the layers of lyrics. Then one day later on, after I kinda let the album grow on me, I woke up in the morning and I didnt feel like listening to any of the usual stuff I was listening to that week, and I just threw on the Madvillainy album.

Oh my GOD. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was so into the whole thing from start to finish. The complexity of it being almost a good thing, I just got into this extremely unique vibe and what I had once felt was annoying about his songs was actually the best part about it and I was just into it for a long time after that. So many details.

Then his new album Born Like This was great as well. And that pretty much sealed it for me. Not to mention last month Radiohead themselves did a remix of a Doom song which is so rare for them to do something like that.

Intrinzic just posted this Mos Def thing too that I just watched and it explained it really good too:

If you feel like it, considering you love music, you should give the whole Madvillainy album a chance to grow on you on of these days. You might have a really good musical experience.

And now... for your viewing pleasure, a little Andre 3000 (with lyrical breakdown)

Artist: Outkast ft. Raekwon
Song: Skew it on the Bar-B
Verse: Andre BENJAMIN (pre-3000)

Im...
The common denominator/ (can exist in many social environments)
The nigga numerator/ (rises above niggerish things)
Never know who the hater/
Ni**az cater to your ego/ (they kiss your a** even if they hate you)
I'm sorry like Atari/ (Atari did suck by comparison to Caleco Vision)
Who's the cousin to Caleco/
Vision caught a Rico/ (A RICO charge)
Back on the street like Chico/ (Chico and the man-80's detectives)
DeBarge he large/
And got a 'Llac in the garage/ (old school Cadillac being restored)
Few parts here and there, I declare hard/
My lawd/
Got One at Clark, one at Spelman/ (got chicks goin to both schools)
Both know each other and it's cool/
You can tell when/
He step off in the party women jump for joy/
But all the wild niggaz scheamin they gon' jump the boy/
For spittin all that bourgeoise/
My watch, my car/
I'm a star/
I'd rather be a comet by far/ (stars stand still, comets always move)

and that was in '98

Hater

You're right mr. Sunset, I'm dumb, I just don't get it.
:cry::cry::cry:

Shut to bit*h ass up and go sit down somewhere.

I have MF doom albums and 3000.

Doom is cool for what he does. He says some slick creative sh*t but I don't think he's seeing 3000.

A great big FU. I'm out.

And now... for your viewing pleasure, a little Andre 3000 (with lyrical breakdown)

Artist: Outkast ft. Raekwon
Song: Skew it on the Bar-B
Verse: Andre BENJAMIN (pre-3000)

Im...
The common denominator/ (can exist in many social environments)
The nigga numerator/ (rises above niggerish things)
Never know who the hater/
Ni**az cater to your ego/ (they kiss your a** even if they hate you)
I'm sorry like Atari/ (Atari did suck by comparison to Caleco Vision)
Who's the cousin to Caleco/
Vision caught a Rico/ (A RICO charge)
Back on the street like Chico/ (Chico and the man-80's detectives)
DeBarge he large/
And got a 'Llac in the garage/ (old school Cadillac being restored)
Few parts here and there, I declare hard/
My lawd/
Got One at Clark, one at Spelman/ (got chicks goin to both schools)
Both know each other and it's cool/
You can tell when/
He step off in the party women jump for joy/
But all the wild niggaz scheamin they gon' jump the boy/
For spittin all that bourgeoise/
My watch, my car/
I'm a star/
I'd rather be a comet by far/ (stars stand still, comets always move)

and that was in '98

Thank you!!

You're right mr. Sunset, I'm dumb, I just don't get it.

I have MF doom albums and 3000.

Doom is cool for what he does. He says some slick creative sh*t but I don't think he's seeing 3000.

A great big FU. I'm out.

aight i changed my mind im back on team andre

you're right mr. Sunset, i'm dumb, i just don't get it.

I have mf doom albums and 3000.

Doom is cool for what he does. He says some slick creative sh*t but i don't think he's seeing 3000.

A great big fu. I'm out.

KevinDurantumad-1.jpg

Last edited:
yo yo, i love em both, i do own more MF Doom than andre 3000, but i gotta go with 3000. you might not be in a stable frame of mind if you feel mf doom makes better songs than andre 3000. i love a lot of mf doom stuff though, madvillainy is classic.

here's two of my current favs

Back