MF DOOM vs. Andre 3000

If you had to choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
now i understand people not liking mf doom, he's not for everyone, but complete garbage? there's a lot of worse rappers out there.

i mean come on, he's got two verses on this song, you can't say this is garbage. verse 1 @ 28 seconds, verse 2 @ 1:35

doesnt change the fact that doom is one of the worst rappers out right now.

if he was good at what he does, more people would like him, and they dont.
lol, are you retarded sir. If you know anything about anything...you can recognize doom's a good rapper. You might not feel his stuff, but you can't deny he has talent. Statements like these make me think you have some personal agenda here. Did Doom fuk your mother or something? I mean, you call yourself a producer, I think you should be able to recognize talent, and Doom has plenty of talent.

People get so defensive, it's like its a personal battle for them...like they'll stick their neck out to make sure people don't like Doom...I don't get it...maybe their bitter because they feel left out...like they're not smart enough to get doom so they lash out violently?

Like, people really need to realize that Doom has basically established himself in the game. All your favorite rappers like him (Mos Def, Method Man, Kanye West, etc etc), so you basically make yourself look stupid by saying he's "complete garbage." At this point, saying Doom is terrible is a bit like saying Talib Kweli is terrible. It's not a question anymore like "Hmm I don't know about this guy doom, what do you guys think?" No. He's been in the game for 20+ years. And I can guarantee you that as he gets more mainstream exposure there'll be a retroactive movement and he'll get the credit he deserves.

you dont have to be smart to get doom

thats why i dont get this misconception that you have to be of some kind of mental fortitude to GET doom..

hes really not that deep.

its just that he rambles about different subjects, and it throws you off guard.

dude aint wack, but when u stack him up against Andre 3000? Andre Benjamin?

i'll **** with a Doom guest verse. 32 bars or less, but besides that he gets boring to listen to.. the monotony in his voice kills it for me..

but thats just me. i think Dre 3000 has shown more sides to him..

Doom comes off as one sided.. hes gonna talk your ear off

there was Dre the pimp
Dre when he was on eclectic ****
Dre when he was doing his love songs

its easier for me to connect with Dre 3k cause he makes him self accessible, so that makes listening to him more enjoyable

i cant connect with a dude rambling behind a mask

this is prolly the stupidest / most ignorant post i've read in a while...

how is that ignorant? people like what they like, and you would think after "being in the game for 20 years" more people would like him.

use the poll here as a general census and it would more than likely translate to the world outside of FP as well.

thats why i dont get this misconception that you have to be of some kind of mental fortitude to GET doom..

i'll **** with a Doom guest verse. 32 bars or less, but besides that he gets boring to listen to.. the monotony in his voice kills it for me..

there was Dre the pimp

its easier for me to connect with Dre 3k cause he makes him self accessible, so that makes listening to him more enjoyable

end thread.

there was Dre the pimp

thank you,

end thread

Back