Melvin (Mevin?) The Producer & co

N

normalisboring

This isn't a call-out thread folks (so put the popcorn away).

Melvin,

Yo, man.

I remember you posted a video of how the beat and song for Akon's "Beautiful" came about. That sh** was nothing short of inspiring. Also, in the Dream thread you mention you got paid a little under $7,500 for your work. I gotta say if I got paid that amount for 1 track I'd be quite happy.

This thread is one big question mark to you and others like you who have landed placements:

You make a beat, you write a song - WHAT'S NEXT?

What did you do, Melvin? Did you:

• feel you had a hit on your hands and make moves to copyright that ish?
  • have an agent before or shop for one after?
  • approach a publishing company (drop tips, please)
  • burn it on cd and mail it back to yourself
  • specifically target Konvict
Tell us the story, man.

P.S

Anyone who's work has been placed, no matter the genre, is free to contribute. Just leave out names and any obvious details.

This thread is already an epic fail because you're talking about the wrong producer......JAYLIEN 2010 had the "Beautiful" song with Akon....Mev(not Melvin) had "Haters" which was beatjacked by FOC sent to Glasses Malone.

This thread is already an epic fail because you're talking about the wrong producer......JAYLIEN 2010 had the "Beautiful" song with Akon....Mev(not Melvin) had "Haters" which was beatjacked by FOC sent to Glasses Malone.

Ah. Thanks for that.

Doesn't really matter though, long as the SOMEONE tells a success story on here.

On the subject, you know anyone who's landed placements, F00T? Care to share their story?

Hit Jay up. He's a good dude. Most likely he'd have no problem explaining his situation to you.

Back