Meeting @ Roc Nation

Benny Berg

So I just got bk from a meeting with Rel Carter @ Roc Nation .

They offered me distribution which I already have and consultation whatever that means along with publishing .

I was signed to Sony when I was 18 lol ...... I told them thank you but I regretfully decline . I only went to the meeting to play them my artists music Vitali Moscow - Mr. Moscow - DJ Smallz, DJ Shure Fire Kind of lied to them but goes to show u that u sometimes gotta do what u gotta do .

Now they offering my artist a single distribution deal after they found out who I really was , but once again I declined why cause theres nothing like creating a bidding war ... I took their offer to Universal and now they made us a offer and circles we go ...

The music industry is the most corrupt form of anything on this planet , theres no such thing as A&Rs , or Vps just a bunch of haters or nobodys who have zero authority or power. if u want to make it ask urself how much $$ are u willing to spend and at what cost !

PS I also meet Jay Z but yall aint gonna believe me anyways hahaahah

I think you meant you met Jay Z. Good luck in finding a label to sign with. Are you trying to sellout or what I don't get it?

So I just got bk from a meeting with Rel Carter @ Roc Nation .

They offered me distribution which I already have and consultation whatever that means along with publishing .

I was signed to Sony when I was 18 lol ...... I told them thank you but I regretfully decline . I only went to the meeting to play them my artists music Vitali Moscow - Mr. Moscow - DJ Smallz, DJ Shure Fire Kind of lied to them but goes to show u that u sometimes gotta do what u gotta do .

Now they offering my artist a single distribution deal after they found out who I really was , but once again I declined why cause theres nothing like creating a bidding war ... I took their offer to Universal and now they made us a offer and circles we go ...

The music industry is the most corrupt form of anything on this planet , theres no such thing as A&Rs , or Vps just a bunch of haters or nobodys who have zero authority or power. if u want to make it ask urself how much $$ are u willing to spend and at what cost !

PS I also meet Jay Z but yall aint gonna believe me anyways hahaahah
Good stuff Berg! Nice to hear your project is finished and your making moves.:cheers: I downloaded the tape last night, gonna check it today.

Good stuff Berg! Nice to hear your project is finished and your making moves.:cheers: I downloaded the tape last night, gonna check it today.

Much respec homie , good lookin out . Yah its been a min since ive been on here lol looks like shits changed no more battles intensity aint the same .... hope all is well wit u homie

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I think you meant you met Jay Z. Good luck in finding a label to sign with. Are you trying to sellout or what I don't get it?

Im signed already as a producer , my focus is on getting my artist a deal and what do u mean by selling out ? If getting signed to a major and making Power moves is selling out then u caught me red handed !!

Why are people still trying to get signed to major labels in 2013?

You can be Independent and not get raped

You got Youtube, Worldstar, Datpiff, Live Mixtapes and you can create your own website and build a fan base

Why the hell are you posting all of your details on the internet where they can easily search and find this very thread and see how shady you are?

Come on son.

if u want to make it ask urself how much $$ are u willing to spend and at what cost !

That's a harsh reality that gets overlooked, IMO. Everyone seems to want to make $$, which is great. But the chances you advance in this business without dropping some coin of your own are slim.

Good luck with your artist. Hope you find a decent deal.

Who would be proud to say they have a video on Worldstar or a mixtape on datpiff? That's like being proud of getting hired at McDonald's.

Nigga Worldstar is like the new BET you know how many people view that site a day?

And as far as datpiff why wouldnt you want a mixtape of quality music to give your fan base?

Are you serious lol

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I would rather have a deal.
Would you like Vaseline with that deal? lol

Yes. With a cherry on top.

On the real, record companies only exploit desperate and uneducated artists. I am neither. If I got a deal, I would know what to fight for and what to relinquish. I would hire a lawyer and work with that lawyer to devise a plan.

Most artists never have a plan. Most that do have a plan have a bad plan. That is why deals for artists go bad. They bet against their own self-interest in hopes of getting rich. When that doesn't happen, they blame people.

So a deal would be great for me. I know what I want and what I do not want. Everybody else's failures have nothing to do with me.

The Golden Rule To Success: "Do what you love, but always follow the money".

I like how wise you are my friend. A lot of artist are still in the old age way of thinking. 90% of artist really don't understand how important the business side, and get taken. Keep up the good work

True... Both can work out depending on what you know. Trinidad James got signed in 10 months... That says to me that n.e. one can make it if you know what you're doing. He was just on his grind and making the right moves.

True... Both can work out depending on what you know. Trinidad James got signed in 10 months... That says to me that n.e. one can make it if you know what you're doing. He was just on his grind and making the right moves.

Do U know how much Trinidad james spent to get signed haha its all an act ...

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Yes. With a cherry on top.

On the real, record companies only exploit desperate and uneducated artists. I am neither. If I got a deal, I would know what to fight for and what to relinquish. I would hire a lawyer and work with that lawyer to devise a plan.

Most artists never have a plan. Most that do have a plan have a bad plan. That is why deals for artists go bad. They bet against their own self-interest in hopes of getting rich. When that doesn't happen, they blame people.

So a deal would be great for me. I know what I want and what I do not want. Everybody else's failures have nothing to do with me.

The Golden Rule To Success: "Do what you love, but always follow the money".

Exactly , whom ever says otherwise is either broke or they dnt have a clue as to how business works or they dnt have the talent ......
I own all my own music , publishing , copyrights so how can anyone take that away ?

Like u said with a cherry on top ...

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Nigga Worldstar is like the new BET you know how many people view that site a day?

And as far as datpiff why wouldnt you want a mixtape of quality music to give your fan base?

Are you serious lol

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Vitali Moscow - Mr. Moscow - DJ Smallz, DJ Shure Fire

Its called a Joint Venture lil homie do ur research 1st then get out the lube salute

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Why the hell are you posting all of your details on the internet where they can easily search and find this very thread and see how shady you are?

Come on son.

Cause Im a G , let them find it a hit is a hit is a hit .. and when or if they do that means im doing something right !!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

That's a harsh reality that gets overlooked, IMO. Everyone seems to want to make $$, which is great. But the chances you advance in this business without dropping some coin of your own are slim.

Good luck with your artist. Hope you find a decent deal.

appreciate it homie ... if people only knew how much $ artists like Drake etc spent to get to where they are now it would send them into a coma ... and for the record Trinidad is a 1 hit wonder he will vanish like an illusion .... pooofffff and all the money he made is owed to his team which will leave him enough for a fiat if hes lucky .... after the tax man gets his hands on him too ...

Nah Iono how much dude might have payed to get signed... but I know he's there. I also know that AnR's are looking for singles to break. Regaurdless of if you own a hit or not what's the point if nobody hears it? On top of that... if you can follow that hit up then what's the problem with charging the first one to the game? Trinidad James can shut down any club in the country right now... How much you think he charges for shows? features? You really don't think this nigga is getting paid? On top of that do you really think before he got signed he had more bread than he has now? If he did i'm sure he wouldn't have paid to get signed if that was the case. N.E. one who has the connections to make a move like that are most likely up on the business aspect of things... Trinidad look dumb as **** but he obviously smart.

Nah Iono how much dude might have payed to get signed... but I know he's there. I also know that AnR's are looking for singles to break. Regaurdless of if you own a hit or not what's the point if nobody hears it? On top of that... if you can follow that hit up then what's the problem with charging the first one to the game? Trinidad James can shut down any club in the country right now... How much you think he charges for shows? features? You really don't think this nigga is getting paid? On top of that do you really think before he got signed he had more bread than he has now? If he did i'm sure he wouldn't have paid to get signed if that was the case. N.E. one who has the connections to make a move like that are most likely up on the business aspect of things... Trinidad look dumb as **** but he obviously smart.

Theres no such thing as A&Rs homie , trust me when I tell u this .... they dnt exist ... 10-15 years ago yes but now zero !!
I know who reps Trinidad and where he came from he spent as much as a 1 bedroom condo to get to where he is and paid the right people ... if u like u can give me 50K and ill set up a meeting for u with Drae Mckenzie G Unit and if ur talented or u have enough $ to bank urself throughout the process then boom ur all set . Yes he sells out shows but come talk to me in 6 months when he disappears into the sunset .... #Salute

Theres no such thing as A&Rs homie , trust me when I tell u this .... they dnt exist ... 10-15 years ago yes but now zero !!
I know who reps Trinidad and where he came from he spent as much as a 1 bedroom condo to get to where he is and paid the right people ... if u like u can give me 50K and ill set up a meeting for u with Drae Mckenzie G Unit and if ur talented or u have enough $ to bank urself throughout the process then boom ur all set . Yes he sells out shows but come talk to me in 6 months when he disappears into the sunset .... #Salute

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Back