Lupe's B_tch Bad video

mwandishi

Lupe putting messages in his vids as usual A little bamboozled vibe, thoughts?

Last edited:
Dope concept and video, good message. Fans of his will definitely appreciate it and maybe it will make whoever else happens to see it think about it going forward in life.

Good video....Like the song concept since I first heard it months ago(the 1 time I heard it)...but I'd care less if I never heard this song again. It is not spinworthy whatsover. I wish people could make conceptual music with staying power....maybe I'm just old school, but this....

And her video was not as hot. Song was waaayyyyy hotter and had more staying power IMO tho.

^ My thoughts exactly, I like the concept of the song and the video does a good job of visualizing it, but even though I feel like Lupe was trying to give this song mainstream appeal, it still doesn't really have it

^^^So his suits would have you believe. I'm surprised you'd fall for that propoganda. he's just a dopeboy from the Chi who got a chance and listens to those white suits when they say "do as we say or go back to the hood...boyyyy".

Pretty much what Deranged said. I love the concept behind the video and the song, but it's not really something that's gonna get a lot of spins from me personally. It just ain't there for me. Sorry.....

Lupe is the only "real" Hip-Hop artist on a major!

I agree, but i wouldn't say "real." I would say probably the only conscious mc on a major (Nas is too, but he has this off/on vibe when it comes to the conscious stuff).

^^^So his suits would have you believe. I'm surprised you'd fall for that propoganda. he's just a dopeboy from the Chi who got a chance and listens to those white suits when they say "do as we say or go back to the hood...boyyyy".
I don't know the biz like you Deranged, but everything I read about Lupe's background and where his head is at suggest he's not just another "go-boy." Ya he's a slave to label, but I don't his views or positions have anything to with propaganda. His last album was delayed forever because of label back and forth from what I heard. I do agree that the track ain't on the "dumb it down" level which got pretty good air play.

Last edited:
i keep saying it and i get frowns but this song is horribly bland. he keeps spouting whats already been said and being heralded as some sort of new prophet. i get that hes dumbing it down for everyone to get it, sub level concious stuff i do believe hes smart enough to incorporate that, but a boring instrumental with 808s to hook mainstream and a bland "no shit" message leads me to believe this is just Lasers 2 but the execs are pulling strings a bit farther back than last time. they are still fully in control and this is how they will get lupe's core audience back, with something that has "a message" which peaks lupe fans ears, myself included. IMO IMO IMO IMO damn IMO lol

I gotta say his flow on this song is just garbage.

Click the album cover if you want to hear lupe at his best.

Lupe_Fiasco_Friend_Of_The_People_I_Fight_Evil-front-large.jpg

I feel like to really hook people with socially conscious stuff humor is the only way. Any other method and they're just going to turn the channel/station.

Easier said than done...but take the song "Because I Got High"....he makes you laugh...and he's nonchalant about all the stuff he didn't do because he got high...but you still have in the back of your mind that getting too high can mess things up.

Same thing with Dave Chapelle....he'll make you laugh at some f*cked up ish and that creates the conversation....when Bill Cosby can say the same thing in preaching manner and be booed and criticized.

I feel like to really hook people with socially conscious stuff humor is the only way. Any other method and they're just going to turn the channel/station.

Easier said than done...but take the song "Because I Got High"....he makes you laugh...and he's nonchalant about all the stuff he didn't do because he got high...but you still have in the back of your mind that getting too high can mess things up.

Same thing with Dave Chapelle....he'll make you laugh at some f*cked up ish and that creates the conversation....when Bill Cosby can say the same thing in preaching manner and be booed and criticized.

The power of Satire. Chapelle was the master of that. I loved "When keeping it real goes wrong"

Truth right there......humor is like a gateway drug to self reflection lol

Back