Lupe Fiasco Claims “97% Of Hip Hop Is Terrible”

he was talking about subject matter right? then he is 100% right. 97% of hip hop is the stupidest sh7t produced in the history of mankind. but, as always, there are notable exceptions.

*edit* thinking about it - that number is too high, in my defence i was listening to 2chainz when i wrote that... *edit*

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for him man, Indies the way to go IMO, but naw, I'd lower it to about 80%. And on terms of content, I'd raise it to, 90%. All things is about today are, women, drinking, and....well, sleeping pills I guess? All the same ish today, and anyone who sings about different stuff don't make it big. It's all part of the machine.

in my opinion production QUALITY has gotten better but the actual production has gotten WORSE, if you guys know what i mean

lupe always makes big statements and appears intelligent and then he makes certain statements and all falls over again

I like Lupe but claiming that is silly since there is no way he can have listened to every hip hop record available. #stupidity

he's pretty good, i don't listen to much of him really but i respect his game, but this 97% statement is funny 'cause we can go down the line and name the retarded cats he's rhymed with.

There's more good hip hop now than ever before... unfortunately there's a lot more bad hip hop that you have to wade through to find the good stuff now.

i dont listen to hip hop like that anymore, but everything i listen to is pretty good.

why dont you listen to hip hop that much anymore?

can you name some of the other genre's/artist that you do listen to?

#random question

do you **** with this song?

Last edited:
he was talking about subject matter right? then he is 100% right. 97% of hip hop is the stupidest sh7t produced in the history of mankind. but, as always, there are notable exceptions.*edit* thinking about it - that number is too high, in my defence i was listening to 2chainz when i wrote that... *edit*
2chainz has good music... but not the best message.I don't even know if that sounds right.... Hip Hop is over y'all... kids now... are listening to 2chainz... what do think they are going to make?People don't understand this??????At the end... his Momma laughs... black dyck cramming her lungs, spleen, and intestines... Rap music is ruining America. I might hang a flag today and reminisce..

This weak but y'all can't phuck with Ol Romey Rome...

I make beats...

Last edited:
2chainz has good music... but not the best message.I don't even know if that sounds right.... Hip Hop is over y'all... kids now... are listening to 2chainz... what do think they are going to make?People don't understand this??????At the end... his Momma laughs... black dyck cramming her lungs, spleen, and intestines... Rap music is ruining America. I might hang a flag today and reminisce....

when i say i was listening to 2chainz..i was listening to him because i bought the song, i like his music but f7ck......take a large proportion of the songs out at the moment and think about what the message behind them is and it is depressing, its not just dumb, it's damaging.

having said that i'm a sucker for a stomping beat and a twat rapper who can flow over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont you listen to hip hop that much anymore?

can you name some of the other genre's/artist that you do listen to?

#random question

do you **** with this song?

cause its not an interesting genre really for me. And i listen to jazz and funk and rock all more than hip hop.

1997 Mainstream Rap Music

25% garbage/mediocre music
40% decent/good music
25% great/outstanding music
10% timeless/classic music

2012 Mainstream Rap Music

25% garbage/mediocre music
65% decent/good music
8% great/outstanding music
2% timeless/classic music

Back