LOL!! LL Cool J tapped to endorse.... CHAPSTICK??

Mainboi23SX said:
It really don't matter too me because I been using Chapstick since the 90's when girls been coming for me left to right. I got a diffeent Chapstick for different situations.

I got that Cherry for the pickup, the Strawberry for the date/hangout, Medicate for hardwork, Peppermint for business and the Regular for whatever. Now what?

Everyone knows that chapstick is a necessity.... I'm not knockin anyone who uses Kiwi Strawberry flavored lip balm.....

And for the record... I'm a Carmex man........

Last edited:
PoBoi said:
Everyone knows that chapstick is a necessity.... I'm not knockin anyone who uses Kiwi Strawberry flavored lip balm.....

And for the record... I'm a Carmex man........

They got Kiwi Strawberrry? wow....I use to use Carmex but that stuff got to messy plus it was to strong. I get close to a girl she be like..>DAMN!!!

Man u're so right!!

j.troup said:
What in the HELL is wrong with you people????

LL just became a spokesperson for a multi-BILLION dollar company. This dude is about to get paid MILLIONS to lick his lips in public. OH WAIT!! HE ALREADY DOES THAT!!!!

Y'all some haters. Y'all weren't talking no sh*t when he was endorsing FUBU. But now that he's endorsing CHAPSTICK y'all got something to say??

Y'all some young fools, really. Hip hop was all about getting money and getting out of the hood. And when rappers find ways to do that, young dumb asses like y'all talk sh*t.

Grow up and move out the house first before you talk about how a MAN gets money.

Yesssss!!! that's what i call a real post!
You are TOTALLY RIGHT.
Props!
:victory:

Lol that is some funny ****, but no hate, he's handling his business. I would do the same.

j.troup said:
What in the HELL is wrong with you people????

LL just became a spokesperson for a multi-BILLION dollar company. This dude is about to get paid MILLIONS to lick his lips in public. OH WAIT!! HE ALREADY DOES THAT!!!!

Y'all some haters. Y'all weren't talking no sh*t when he was endorsing FUBU. But now that he's endorsing CHAPSTICK y'all got something to say??

Y'all some young fools, really. Hip hop was all about getting money and getting out of the hood. And when rappers find ways to do that, young dumb asses like y'all talk sh*t.

Grow up and move out the house first before you talk about how a MAN gets money.

^^^CO-SIGN^^^

Y'all that are knocking him for it, are lying to yourselves if you say you wouldn't take a million dollar deal just to endorse a product people use anyway. I mean, I would rock Depends on TV if I was making that kind of money for it. Shoot, these days I'd wear Depends for a 4 figure deal! :D

**DISCLAIMER**I have never, and hope to never wear Depends. I'm just illustrating a point.

this is soooo funny...About four years ago me and my group opened up for LL at Club Lavela in Florida...One of my group members said that night, "I'ma still that ni66a chapstick, since he wants to lick his lips all the time!"...We was rollin' at this...My homeboy that said this died last week...He had been in a coma for 3 months...When I read this on allhiphop.com I couldn't stop thinking about that...

R.I.P. K. Sweat...

I would sell anything I'm comfortable enough to buy.

I doubt if anybody that's really selling stuff is being pimped eventhough it may look like it. Marketing is about strategy, like when you saw all those companies jump on Jay Z because they knew his CD would be huge.

The people that are in front, LL, are probably not being pimped in the board room. I'm pretty sure Chapstick approached LL and LL probably didn't initially jump up and down and scream YEA! I guarantee that a person of LL's stature got broke off a lot of cheese to put his face on their product. LL probably pimped them because it probably never crossed his mind but now he could run that same idea by Caramex. The cat was out of the bag.

Even if you look at this as a sell out move, which it isn't, without people that pushed hard like LL... you probably wouldn't have any Fruity Loops to play with. The dude was right there beside Run DMC, GrandMaster Flash, Kurtis Blow and everybody else that said "we don't give a damn about what you say about us, our music is hot and will catch on". The dude won every emcee battle he ever had and he didn't win his in some small club in Detroit. He went against the biggest names in his era and had the respect of all of the top emcee's. The dude promotes healthy living and gave JamMaster Jay's family $50,000 when Jay got shot. LL was the first one to give, then everybody else jumped on the publicity bandwagon and started donating. Did he have to?

LL is not the greatest lyricist (Rakim), not the greatest entertainer (Doug E. Fresh), but he combined a combination of both to make himself a rich man. Now at the twilight of his career he's getting a legit endorsement and not some sellout clothing line that was called For Us By Us but we'll sell our company to some Japanese dudes. Talk shyt about FUBU.

I guess there has never been a dude in a chapstick commercial.

Ya ashy lipped bastids, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said LL was a sellout...... I said LL wasn't capable of a breakthrough in mass marketing of a life necessity........

PlanetHitzProduction said:
You feel the slight urge to start beef for publicity? :monkey: :D
lmao i always do.

before this thread is closed i gotta get another post in lol.

BTW this is my life:
IMG_0161.jpg

Mainboi23SX said:
It's not going to do anything...everybody already buys Chapstick, how much more money can they make. So LL and 50 Cent going to make a Chapstick album.

Yeah, entirely produced by KANYE...LOL.

LOL are u sure its chapstick and not lip gloss. Cause thats what he really uses! Like Jamie says: Hardcore rapper, but he's Glossy.

Back