Lilttle Brother The Yoyo - Example Of Good Lyricism

puertorockindamia said:
9th wonder is the fruity loops king. all he uses is fruity loops......

ya we know...it was a joke.

but welcome to FP man :cheers:

lil bro have been one of my fav's ever since The Listening dropped. Can't wait for there major release later this year.
Chittlin circuit 1.5 has been released.

j-traxx said:

actually the time sig of the kick and snare is 3/4 but the hats and the rest of the track is 4/4. it's a timesig trick often used to emilate that organic feel of the dragging philly groove percussion. 9th is THAT DUDE!

It doesnt sound like different time sigs. Sounds more like he purposely dragged each percussion track left or right to give that quantized/unquantized feel. If the snare was 3/4, it wouldnt hit on 2 and 4 like it does. The kick is in "cut time" aka 6/8 though, not 3/4(maybe you meant 6/8. Essentially the same thing except in 6/8 the 8th note gets the beat and in 3/4 the quarter note gets the beat). The kick drum's rhythm is 8th note triplet driven.(6/8) You can especially feel it on the down beat of beat 1. When the beat drops, Just keep tapping a 8th note triplet rhythm and you will feel the kick fall on one of the notes each time.

pretty good for EAST coast music. these guys are not form the south they are from NORTH carolina. There should be a new region called the 'middle east coast'. I don't know cause Petey Pablo be acting like he from the south :confused:.

I still think they should be the middle east coast.

kontak80 said:

It doesnt sound like different time sigs. Sounds more like he purposely dragged each percussion track left or right to give that quantized/unquantized feel. If the snare was 3/4, it wouldnt hit on 2 and 4 like it does. The kick is in "cut time" aka 6/8 though, not 3/4(maybe you meant 6/8. Essentially the same thing except in 6/8 the 8th note gets the beat and in 3/4 the quarter note gets the beat). The kick drum's rhythm is 8th note triplet driven.(6/8) You can especially feel it on the down beat of beat 1. When the beat drops, Just keep tapping a 8th note triplet rhythm and you will feel the kick fall on one of the notes each time.

upi are perfectly right. good pick. :cheers:

Paper Chaser said:
pretty good for EAST coast music. these guys are not form the south they are from NORTH carolina. There should be a new region called the 'middle east coast'. I don't know cause Petey Pablo be acting like he from the south :confused:.

LMAO @ you thinking cuz the state is named North Cakalaki it's not in the South. I guess NORTH Houston isn't considered 3rd coast either. Grab a map, atlas, somethin or enroll in a local geography class.

facts-southernstates.jpg

Paper Chaser said:

And that would make Florida the lower east coast??

Last edited:
this **** is wack wtf.a tribe called quest soundin bastards

Edit: Forget it...

The song was tight by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaOriginalBlade said:

LMAO @ you thinking cuz the state is named North Cakalaki it's not in the South. I guess NORTH Houston isn't considered 3rd coast either. Grab a map, atlas, somethin or enroll in a local geography class.

facts-southernstates.jpg
I guess your right. It is still barely in the south. It wasn't the name by the way , it was the location. my location is at the bottom of the map.

Back