Lil B. Says He's 'Not Interested In Men'; Explains 'I'm Gay' LP Title

B

BrassCity

Rapper Lil B. has revealed that although he has titled his upcoming album I'm Gay, he is, in fact very heterosexual.

The controversial rapper made the announcement that he would title his album I'm Gay after his performance at The Coachella Festival earlier this month.

The I'm Gay album title has sparked a discussion about homophobia within the Hip-Hop community.

GLAAD released a statement over the album title stating that the organization hoped Lil B. was sincere in his attempt to be an "ally" of the LGBT community.

"I’m an ally to the people, and yes, I am an ally," Lil B. said in a new interview with New York Magazine. "I am a man that loves women, but I am an ally. I am not interested in men, but I do support men and women and any choices that they make that are positive."

Lil B. also said he was anti-violence and doesn't support "negative energy."

"I don’t support people putting other people down," Lil B. told New York Magazine. "I’m a supporter of GLAAD and the gay community. It’s major love. I have love for the community and I have love for people in general."

Yesterday (April 21st), MTVNews reported that Lil B. was receiving death threats over the album title.

"People been hitting me up like, 'I'm gonna bash your head in,' 'you f----t,' 'I'm gonna kill you,' " Lil B told MTV News. He also said that the album title doesn't even mean he is homosexual.

"I've never been attracted to a man in my life," Lil B. told MTV News. "But yes I am gay, I'm so happy. I'm a gay, heterosexual male."

LINK: AllHipHop.com Daily News - : Lil B. Says He's 'Not Interested In Men'; Explains 'I'm Gay' LP Title

This is the media for you these days. Everything is possible and everything is normal. Maybe I'm not "modern" but what happened to the values?

hmmm.jpg

whatever happened to it being about the MUSIC?

in my opinion, if people focused as much time and energy, on making quality music, as they did trying to be in the media, then the overall quality would probably pick up.

and if folks like ourselves stopped paying attention to it on the boards, and stopped making comments about it, it'd probably die down. and i'd stop wasting my time commenting about what lil b is doing.

me wasting my energy talking about him, is getting him where he wants to be. energy is never destroyed, merely displaced.

marinate.

Last edited:
Thing with lil b is he plays the controversal card and does it just for the attention factor. Obviously it works like a charm for him because all these people who hate him will respond keeping his name relevant. If they would just ignore him he might just eventually fade out.

Another thing is the majority of his music isn't meant to be taking seriously in the first place lol. People who try to take him serious are not going to like him at all.

anybody else feel like the gay community is getting a little aggressive with the brain policing?
its almost like you have to be a homosexual to not be considered homophobic.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

and aint nobody threatened lil b over this crap.
He just saying that to rally support so people will go "look at how brave he is stepping up to those closed minded ghetto folk over there" using us to getting them.

Back