Late Registration VS The College Dropout

So Foolish

Am I the only one who feels Late Registration is equal to, if not better than, The College Dropout, production wise? What are your thoughts?

I think they're very different. The beats on LR or more loopy then Dropout. Like Kanye put minimal effort into flipping samples, then relied on his other producers to assist him on the composition side. LR tries to innovate the sound and feeling with lots of creativity.

The low tone drums on "We Major"

All the little funky sounds added here and there on tracks like Diamonds, and like that reverse bell thingie on "Celebration" when Ye says "I need you to mute all the monologue". Small things like that.

The progressive strings in Gone.

The absence of drums on Roses.

The funky flow and fealings of "Addiction".

ATG said:
more loopy then Dropout. Like Kanye put minimal effort into flipping samples, then relied on his other producers to assist him on the composition side.
I strongly disagree. I think a lot of samples were "flipped" nicely, e.g., Heard Em Say, and I'm sure he was heavily involved in everything else on the production side.

I'm sure he was heavily involved in everything else on the production side.
I'm sure he was too, I think he had a vision, something in mind, then told the other guys, and they executed.

Execution is half the battle.

both of em were good, I couldnt say that one is better than the other

college drop out was way better. alot of songs on LR have no beat or anything they would sound alot better with snares and bangin kicks.

So Foolish said:
Am I the only one who feels Late Registration is equal to, if not better than, The College Dropout, production wise? What are your thoughts?

notthisagain.jpg

So Foolish said:

Bored vs. Run out things to post about

they are both dope. i think college dropout was better. maybe because it was his first major album he put out and just more hungry then when he put out LR. he is one of my favorites tho...dude is talented as hell. but after college dropout, his head swelled up, started doing some weird twitches when he dances, and just didnt have that touch on LR like he had on college dropout.

peace

I just knew this topic was gonna pop up...AGAIN.
and I still say wait several more months to ask this. It's too soon to judge. I think it's finnaly time for a real Massacre vs Get Rich thread.

We can walk anywhere we wanttt....

Come in my trailor...

I paid for that film, I paid for that film...

Oh, man... you actually like this dude.

Bigg Mac said:
IMO, College Dropout > Late Registration.
co-sign.
Late Registration sounded a bit overdone to me...not really hip-hop.

Back