Kanye West without AutoTune singing Love Lockdown ON SNL

S

Speaker-Head

I don't know how many people have seen this yet, but Kanye went on to SNL and sung Love Lockdown.

Watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YprR29vukZ4

I know you can tell that he was WAY off to the point where whenever he hit those high's a women had to sing it for him.

In all actually, I see it as whatever. But man, Yahoo! comments that people are posting. DAMN...... hurtful.

I don't know if this was posted, but it didn't seem like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thought that was his real voice on the album is an idiot. IDK anyone who thought that...so why be shocked that he's lip syncing?

And about the "hurtful" comments, F' him. Ol boy wants to be Elvis and the Beatles so he should be at that level of performance. Elvis and the Beatles performed live LEGITIMATELY. Dont use autotune and claim you want to be at Elvis status.

BIGMOZ said:
Anyone who thought that was his real voice on the album is an idiot. IDK anyone who thought that...so why be shocked that he's lip syncing?

And about the "hurtful" comments, F' him. Ol boy wants to be Elvis and the Beatles so he should be at that level of performance. Elvis and the Beatles performed live LEGITIMATELY. Dont use autotune and claim you want to be at Elvis status.

I think it's funny. People thinking that IS his real voice. I'm saying the hurtful comments about his productions. That's a low blow, in my opinion. Sure the guy is arrogant, but that guy can make beats. He's one of those dudes that samplers (Sorta) look up too. In a sense I look up to him as one. WAY below J Dilla, Madlib, Pete Rock , etc. But he's up there.

Doesnt really matter what people think, some are going to love and some are going to hate. The truth is that you know you are doing big things if it can cause such a backlash. Plus, most of those people don't know a thing about music creation.

LOL @ this being a controversy.

Cats need to realize that with the way the effects work for T-Pain and Kanye you have to sing in key in a very strict manner or the auto tune would be jumping everywhere. This is why Pop Champagne sounds like butt and Kanye and Pain sound catchy and smooth.

man, that was pretty brutal, and i hope afterwards ye felt real dumb and akward too, maybe he will wisen up and realize, "ok, its cool to front like you can sing on an album, but leave it at that. This isnt something you do live"

"The next generation is lame. You were raised on garbage. People are egotistical (read:insecure), when deep down they know they are not that good. Trite subject matter, no singing ability, all flash-no panache, not particurly innovative samples (please, Tricky (probably don't know him, huh?)has more genius packed in one song then Kanye's entire catalogue. Voice of his generation? Truly sad. Ours was Stevie Wonder. No comparing. Can't sing, can't play an instrument, the best parts of his songs are the loops from the genius' that he aspires to, like Steely Dan or Buffy Sainte-Marie. His audience is the Clear Channel generation. They don't know any better because they haven't been exposed to anything else. And for those who think someone in the last generation "doesn't get it", we did more acid and partying than you ever did....and had/have more fun, because we are not addicted to the subject matter you all are, which is boasting (read:insecurity), cheap sex (read:insecurity). You are a generation of sociopaths, and it shows in your idea of genius. Yes, your pissed, at yourself for the being the blind sheep that you have become in the cultural malaise you raised in. Pathetic."

real talk...with that said i copped the LP first week. hehe.;)

Last edited:
vibewithTy said:
"The next generation is lame. You were raised on garbage. People are egotistical (read:insecure), when deep down they know they are not that good. Trite subject matter, no singing ability, all flash-no panache, not particurly innovative samples (please, Tricky (probably don't know him, huh?)has more genius packed in one song then Kanye's entire catalogue. Voice of his generation? Truly sad. Ours was Stevie Wonder. No comparing. Can't sing, can't play an instrument, the best parts of his songs are the loops from the genius' that he aspires to, like Steely Dan or Buffy Sainte-Marie. His audience is the Clear Channel generation. They don't know any better because they haven't been exposed to anything else. And for those who think someone in the last generation "doesn't get it", we did more acid and partying than you ever did....and had/have more fun, because we are not addicted to the subject matter you all are, which is boasting (read:insecurity), cheap sex (read:insecurity). You are a generation of sociopaths, and it shows in your idea of genius. Yes, your pissed, at yourself for the being the blind sheep that you have become in the cultural malaise you raised in. Pathetic."

real talk...with that said i copped the LP first week. hehe.;)

LOL @ cant play an instrument. This is always people who dislike Hip-Hop's key argument...and it couldnt be farther from the truth....and even if it were the case, great composers dont ahave to play every instrument. Kanye uses a lot of live sounds, especially strings.

**** the older crowd. Im tired of them talking down to us, like we're the reason the world is in its worst position in generations.Keep up the good work ****tards.

minor points. Alot of what he said had truth to it but you cant expect the generations to follow the same path. The generation before them were probably kickin the same bull****. I dont blame anyone...it all comes full circle.

I just cant stand the closed mindedness towards Hip-Hop (NOT RAP MUSIC) its the most honest form of music, and most hip-hop cats you will find everything from Coldplay to Josh Groban in their ipods.

Thank god for the youth movement or we'd be stuck with McCain....and ps Elvis couldnt sing more than 2 notes, and his **** is mad overrated lol

MysterE said:
ps Elvis couldnt sing more than 2 notes, and his **** is mad overrated lol

Elvis had a ridiculous image that he marketed really well, even if a vast amount of his catalog was actually written by other people... he was all about flash, and not so huge about substance, though he was clearly a talented individual.

Sound like billboard's top artists today?

Makes me always stop and laugh at the people who try to talk down on the music industry today, then bring up Elvis as one of the greats who was in a whole different league.

Where the **** do you think that **** started, mate?

I still think he is awesome he is just trying something new like always he likes to try new stuff

Jackpot ProductionZ said:
Obvously 450k people liked it enough to buy it first week.......
:victory:

MysterE said:
.and ps Elvis couldnt sing more than 2 notes, and his **** is mad overrated lol

that why he top solo artist of all time!!! exactly. if you performed in vegas back then you sung!!!
"dont hate the player hate the game"

Last edited:
Auto-Tunes Is Great For One Reason, It Can Help People Expand There Music, Cant Sing ? Use This Program Switch Yoo Style Up! And Expand Into New Things... If Your Reading *Doubtful* Ja Rule Or DMX? Please Dont Use This Program I Couldent Imagine Your Voices Even More Crunk Haha.

vibewithTy said:
"The next generation is lame. You were raised on garbage.

I have to agree with you to an extent. I was talking with some kats a little older then me, one is actually a legendary DJ and they were talking about how they have not heard a verse in YEARS that made them want to remember the whole thing.

Rap is fast food these days. Back in the day dudes would spends days if not a couple of weeks on a song. They would spend more than one studio session and put actually thought into a verse or song, these days...the majority doesn't do that, so their stuff doesn't have as much lasting power as the older stuff.

MysterE said:
Cats need to realize that with the way the effects work for T-Pain and Kanye you have to sing in key in a very strict manner or the auto tune would be jumping everywhere. This is why Pop Champagne sounds like butt and Kanye and Pain sound catchy and smooth.

Even Ye sounds very pitchy from time to time with auto tune...

Last edited:
Back