Kanye West: Musical Genius or Great Project Manager

You mean Kanye's manager, advisor or agent do good business? Everyone has an outlook on society and anyone old enough can have an influence on the younger generation. This is not rocket science.

I can't even lie - dude is brilliant when it comes to business, his outlook on society and future influences.

Check out his recent interview on The Breakfast Club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toWk6mybzVE

Last edited:
re-read your post and analyze my response...

you gave too much credit to Kanye when there's people behind the scenes with him so then he ends up coming across as "genius".

Close thread.

Last edited:
Some rapper or producers just want to be known as creative beings, I think Kanye falls in that category but doesn't know how to express it, some don't wanna be known as musical genius and best rapper, save that conversation for conscious rapper like Kendrick J Cole Logic

re-read your post and analyze my response...

you gave too much credit to Kanye when there's people behind the scenes with him so then he ends up coming across as "genius".

Close thread.

Your response makes no sense bruh.

The whole point of this thread is PLEASE POST EVIDENCE OF WHY YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU DO - you've somehow managed to take this thread from the musical genius position to now he is only saying words that people have coached him on...where are you getting this from other than your opinion? Do you really think his advisors sat him down and trained him on his opinions? Do you really think that someone has to coach Kanye on what to say about racism, classism, his desire to learn about fashion and price points?? Did you even watch the interview??

If you're not here to contribute to the conversation, then /Close mouth.

So, again...huh?

Last edited:
never said anything about anyone coaching Kanye on what to say. Look at my post. You asked about Kanye doing business, I replied that he has people behind the business side. The politics that comes out his mouth, EVERYONE has politics and opinions! It's nothing new.

never said anything about anyone coaching Kanye on what to say. Look at my post. You asked about Kanye doing business, I replied that he has people behind the business side. The politics that comes out his mouth, EVERYONE has politics and opinions! It's nothing new.

I appreciate your contribution, but this clearly went over your head.

"I came to the fork in the road and went straight" - Cappadonna

So, after 9 pages...

...and 87 posts...

...we still don't know what this cat Kanye has done in the studio with his albums over the past 15 years other than the video evidence showing him just as a sloppy sampler and random interjector while someone else is composing and conducting?

Point proven...play on.

Doesn't really prove much. Truthfully if you want to know how hands on he is. You can always research people's he's worked with.

So, after 9 pages...

...and 87 posts...

...we still don't know what this cat Kanye has done in the studio with his albums over the past 15 years other than the video evidence showing him just as a sloppy sampler and random interjector while someone else is composing and conducting?

Point proven...play on.

Music is an unlimited blank slate.

It's like going to a poetry show and saying the guy who assembled the mic on stage did most of the work because that's what broadcasted the voice and changed the levels on the volume to make it sound good.

But yet people paid money to see the poet and his art.

Art is about choices we make to communicate using that blank canvas.

Choices and decisions and ideas and concepts are more important that playing instruments or sound engineering.

The process has no real value to the masses, only the human condition does.

Music is an unlimited blank slate.

It's like going to a poetry show and saying the guy who assembled the mic on stage did most of the work because that's what broadcasted the voice and changed the levels on the volume to make it sound good.

But yet people paid money to see the poet and his art.

Art is about choices we make to communicate using that blank canvas.

Choices and decisions and ideas and concepts are more important that playing instruments or sound engineering.

The process has no real value to the masses, only the human condition does.

You went through all that just to tell me you have no idea what Kanye does in the studio. Save that poetry about the "human condition" and "blank canvasses" for open mic night or Dorianne the hippy down at your local pub...I didn't ask you about anything you just said.

More videos of Kanye "producing" in the studio: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nd-b/kanye-west-studio-making-all-day-497661/

Back