Kanye West - Diamonds

Hot. Nice use of the sample. Well put together. Can't say the same for the lyrics though.

kev_j said:
Hot. Nice use of the sample. Well put together. Can't say the same for the lyrics though.

Yea i feel the same way. He might need to practice on that part a little bit more. But I doubt that all of the kanye fans on here would agree with me on that part.

lyrics need work?

take ya diamonds and "throw em up" like you "belemic"

man the beat "cold" but the flow is "anemic"

yo where dame at, he tracked the "indian dance" to bring our "reign" back

i realize that ive arrived, it takes more than a magazine to kill my vibe

does he write his own rhymes, sort of, i think em, that means ive forgot better ish that u ever though of

if u a stripper name porshe and u get tips from many men, then ya fat friend her nick name is mini van

i was sick about awards couldnt nobody cure me, only playa got "robbed" and kept all his "jewelry"

now i need yall to pronounce my name, its kanye but some of my plaques still say kane

the preacher said we need leaders, right then my body got still like a parepalegic

if u dont understand some of those words then u cant understand the brilliance of the lines. so catch up one ya vocab people.

lol. I like Kanye but forced/obvious punchlines don't make him lyrically hot.

I like the beat and his lyrics are ok, but if you look at the subject matter of the video, then see him spittin lines like:

"if u a stripper name porshe and u get tips from many men, then ya fat friend her nick name is mini van"

over the top, it makes me think "what the hell does any of this have to do with the video?"

loli think the same way, but hot beats can make a wack rapper sound decent, im not talkin bout kyne i like the guy he deserved his way to the top

like the samples and the way it was put together... lyrically it could use a bit of work.

I'm not thrilled over the beat, but funny enough I like his flow on this. I'm not a rapper so I can't pick it apart like I know anything. I'm as ignorant as the next man listening on the radio... and I got a chuckle out of that mini van line. I'm thinking that if and when this hits video/radio rotation there are going to be a lot of people remembering the lyrics and hummin' em on the mall or while driving around. In that sense, he's got another "hit". That catchyness just might translate into some sales.

[color=sky blue]People dont doubt his production power, or his creativity...He makes good cohesive songs, and he had a good album, and I am looking forward to his next offering...

But his delivery and flow are not that great, and thats his obvious weakness...He does sound like he forces his words out...

but he spits with passion and heart...

No one doubts his lyricism, its above average, but his skills as a Mc are not that great...But if he is going double plat anyways, and is loved by many people, it doesnt even matter, truth be told...But lets be real about his flaws...Thats not hating...or being ignorant...[/color]

I love the beat... it feels very, very full, like a really mature piece of music. Probably due in part to that guy that does film scores co-producing it...

As for the lyrics... there are some impressive lines, but they don't go anywhere. The song just isn't about anything. I can see what he's trying to say, but he does a terrible job of it.

The original song was good but the remix just sent it over the top. Jay's verse was crazy I think he said "I had to jump off the boat so I could walk on water"

The beat is so complex and so well put together, it sounds like theres 100 things goin on at once. everytime I listen to it it always sounds like the first time ive heard it.

I know alot of cats that are more used to the simplistic rap. When they hear this they say its wack. Theres something ground breaking about the track I just cant seem to point my finger on.

I wish the lyrics were more consistant. It seems like he was trying to deliver another "light skin friend look like micheal jackson/ gotta dark skin friend look like micheal jackson" with that mini-van line. Then he goes and switches up the whole idea behind the song and the video, and acts like he cared about the whole diamond issue overseas while making the original song.

He should just kept the song about rocafella.

ATG said:
Then he goes and switches up the whole idea behind the song and the video, and acts like he cared about the whole diamond issue overseas while making the original song.

exactly.

ATG said:
I wish the lyrics were more consistant. It seems like he was trying to deliver another "light skin friend look like micheal jackson/ gotta dark skin friend look like micheal jackson" with that mini-van line. Then he goes and switches up the whole idea behind the song and the video, and acts like he cared about the whole diamond issue overseas while making the original song.

[color=sky blue]I'm not a kanye groupie by a longshot...But it is possible to hear about something and it touch you to the point, that you want to express your feelings regarding the situation...

You could be right, and for a guy that pimped a fatal accident and Jesus for fame and recognition, I dont put it past him...But honestly, he could have learned about the Diamond Situation after he made that song and been touched to speak out against and inform his fans about the crisis...I had no idea, that those types of things were happening. I heard Nas talk about a lil on his song "New World", but the visual of it, really disturbs me...

Can jewlers tell you if the diamonds you purchase are conflict free diamonds?[/color]

u people heard that new song wit the sample from a ray charles song
i aint sayin she a gold digga but she aint messin wit no broke n----a
its on hiphopgame.com

peace

Icesolated.Com said:

[color=sky blue]I'm not a kanye groupie by a longshot...But it is possible to hear about something and it touch you to the point, that you want to express your feelings regarding the situation...

You could be right, and for a guy that pimped a fatal accident and Jesus for fame and recognition, I dont put it past him...But honestly, he could have learned about the Diamond Situation after he made that song and been touched to speak out against and inform his fans about the crisis...I had no idea, that those types of things were happening. I heard Nas talk about a lil on his song "New World", but the visual of it, really disturbs me...

Can jewlers tell you if the diamonds you purchase are conflict free diamonds?[/color]

Maybe. Of course, if you ask whether they're conflic diamonds or not, they'll definitely say no. Just ask where they're from and keep in mind where the trouble spots of diamond mining are. But, really, diamond mining is much like the clothing industry in that workers are typically placed in dangerous environments where they're overworked and undercompensated.

Back